~Quadriplegic Dies While Sky-Diving~

I'm crushed by this story, Do you think it was the fall or the sudden stop that killed him? Can anyone tell me what it sounded like when he hit ground?
He was most likely thinking just be for landing.. This is going to hurt!

Blues

My tasteless response...... sorry Dab's.

PS: His nick name was Matt

Last edited:
What the heck is a quadrapalegic doing skydiving?
I mean someone here has to be the voice of common sense.

His mind still works, he can experience things.....I'm sure he gets a thrill out of the free fall~
He had been doing this for 5 years now, made 125 jumps before this, so it's not like he was a newbie.
I know it does make one wonder..why a person like him, would want to do something so drastic.
But people do crazy shit every damn day.

His mind still works, he can experience things.....I'm sure he gets a thrill out of the free fall~
He had been doing this for 5 years now, made 125 jumps before this, so it's not like he was a newbie.
I know it does make one wonder..why a person like him, would want to do something so drastic.
But people do crazy shit every damn day.

My guess would be that while free-falling, he would feel "normal" for once. Strapped in a chair, without feeling, gravity holding him in place, unable to feel that sensation of flight, wind in the face, weightlessness... Yeah, although I'm terrified of heights I can understand why someone with such a catastrophic handicap would seek out an activity that gives him that sense of exhilaration and freedom.

It's heartbreaking that he died, but he did die doing something he clearly loved.

I'm crushed by this story, Do you think it was the fall or the sudden stop that killed him? Can anyone tell me what it sounded like when he hit ground?
He was most likely thinking just be for landing.. This is going to hurt!

Blues

My tasteless response...... sorry Dab's.

PS: His nick name was Matt

thud, ooff

Forum List

Back