Quadraplegic Illegal Returned To Mexico Against His Will

America's track record regarding economic development among its third world colonies is an abysmal failure.

Not entirely true. They're just catagorically bad, in the short term for the US. In the long term, it MAY turn out good. More often than not, it doesn't. I think we should consider ending rebuilding policies of nations who we were at war with.

CUBA, PUERTO RICO, LIBERIA, IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN... you name it.

Puerto Rico is not a colony, it is a territory that has yet to decide for itself if it wants to be a state or just remain a territory. All others are not colonies. If you have proof of colonization, I'd love to see HARD data, not hackneyed propaganda from lunatics. Cuba a colony? Explain Castro.

What kept striking me was the phrase "returned to Mexico against his consent".

Well hell, too bad. He came here without OUR consent.

José;3295918 said:
Originally posted by Madeline
So, by this reasoning, because the US exploited Puerto Rico, etc., it has no right to expect/demand/require Mexico to meet even the most basic needs of its own people? So I guess all that protesting we did to aggravate the former Soviet Union to behave better was ethically flawed as well? Boycotting South Africa to force it to end apartheid, also an ethical whoopsie IYO?

Mexico meets "the most basic needs of its people", Madeline (by most basic needs I mean food). When FifthColumn's name was Bullfighter he posed an interesting question to the whole Board:

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MEXICAN WHO WAS SKIN AND BONES?

He was absolutely right. There is poverty, slums, street children in Mexico but not African levels of poverty. But the gap between US and Mexican wages is so huge that even Mexico's relative prosperity is unable to stem the flow of illegal immigration.

Nothing short of Mexico becoming a first world country would stop them from crossing the border and this is totally unrealistic. Mexico's government cannot wave its magic wand, shout "ABRACADABRA" and sign a decree raising the mexican minimum wage to anything even remotely similar to 1000 dollars (US minimum wage, more or less).

This highly irresponsible act would bankrupt the whole country in less than 24 hrs.

And then Madeline, you would REALLY miss the illegal immigration problem America has today.

The irresponsible act is for the United States to continue to feed the monster at the expense of poor Americans. How much stimulus money went south of the border?

Let the whole of Latin America fall, and let LATINOS clean up the mess just like people from countries worse off do all the time. Stop using America as the scapegoat. GROW UP!

I have to admit that this was hard for me to read because I have a younger brother who is physically challenged and in motorized wheelchair. So I didn't really read too deeply into the thread. But I can say that the fact that he is an illegal justifies deportation, but the fact that he was under hospital care demands that he give consent before first being transferred to a different hospital.

I have to admit that this was hard for me to read because I have a younger brother who is physically challenged and in motorized wheelchair. So I didn't really read too deeply into the thread. But I can say that the fact that he is an illegal justifies deportation, but the fact that he was under hospital care demands that he give consent before first being transferred to a different hospital.

Exactly! He'll be moved to a hospital in Mexico where Mexicans will have to foot the bill. Though we could hung him on the border fence to scare the crap out of the next batch of invaders.

I feel sorry for all those American vets and their families who are being betrayed by this Latino invasion.

The linked article mentioned a law review article that evidentially takes the position that sending such a person back to his country is illegal. I'll see if I can track it down.

Amazes me, the lengths many go to to justify the extension of rights and benefits belonging to American citizens to illegal aliens. The article in the Chicago Tribune acknowledges that the uninsured American would not be getting more than emergency care....so why exactly, should a criminal from Mexico?

I also loved all the hand wringing over the fact that the Mexican hospital the man is in now has to reuse filters. Let's ask how many American parents of paralyzed kids whether they do as well, shall we? Not everyone can afford Cadillac health care -- not every American, nor every human on Planet Earth.
How could sending him back be illegal? Must have been some dimwit that wrote that stupid law. Sending him back was the right thing to do.

The linked article mentioned a law review article that evidentially takes the position that sending such a person back to his country is illegal. I'll see if I can track it down.

Amazes me, the lengths many go to to justify the extension of rights and benefits belonging to American citizens to illegal aliens. The article in the Chicago Tribune acknowledges that the uninsured American would not be getting more than emergency care....so why exactly, should a criminal from Mexico?

I also loved all the hand wringing over the fact that the Mexican hospital the man is in now has to reuse filters. Let's ask how many American parents of paralyzed kids whether they do as well, shall we? Not everyone can afford Cadillac health care -- not every American, nor every human on Planet Earth.
How could sending him back be illegal? Must have been some dimwit that wrote that stupid law. Sending him back was the right thing to do.

It was a law review article, AmericanFirst, not a new law. Some lawyer's POV. Apparently, his interpretation was that when a hospital sends an illegal alien patient home, it "illegally" usurps the deportation authority of INS.

I only skimmed it, as it struck me as bullshit.

It was a law review article, AmericanFirst, not a new law. Some lawyer's POV. Apparently, his interpretation was that when a hospital sends an illegal alien patient home, it "illegally" usurps the deportation authority of INS.

I only skimmed it, as it struck me as bullshit.

Also, apparently, they feel his HIPAA rights were violated because it was the hospital transferring him, rather than the government, and they're not supposed to do that without his consent. Frankly, he should be grateful they didn't just discharge him and let him make his own way to the other hospital, which WOULDN'T have violated any HIPAA rights.

José;3294904 said:
Originally posted by Big Fitz
This is part of why I respect you as a liberal Madeline. You get this.

Madeline is OK in my book too. I agree with 99% of what she says. The right to deport illegals, the adverse effects their presence cause in the US, etc, etc...

I just sense in her posts a veiled, hidden hostility towards Mexico that is totally unwarranted. The responsibilty for solving the problem of illegal aliens in America lies squarely on the US government.

Madeline has a PHd on the suffering of ethnic minorities in the USA. She's constantly creating threads about the trials of native and african americans.

So let's teach Madeline a bit about the History of Mexico. Let's teach her how this country was victimised by a bunch of anglo traitors and illegal americans who joined forces to perpetrate the second biggest landgrab in the history of the American Continent.

Let's teach her that Mexico was the victim of a brutal war of aggression waged by the US army that cost that country half of its territory.

Let's teach her that if America could fulfill her dream of becoming a continental country that dream was built on the blood and suffering of Mexico.

Maybe then she will drop her ignorant, childish, callous portrayal of Mexico as a nation that causes harm to the USA and will see that from a historical perspective Mexico was the first one to be victimised.

Hey Jose, do you hear the violins in the background? Just for you, crybaby, just for you!

Originally posted by Angelhair
Nothing wrong with that. Let's ask Jose why Mexico after all these centuries can't take care of its own???? I know - BECAUSE THE UNITED STATES HAS KEPT IT FROM DOING SO - Got it.

Originally posted by Cecilie1200
And this is all completely aside from the fact that, as an intelligent, educated adult, I do not waste my time with meaningless kindergarten concepts like "fair", the meaning of which is purely subjective according to the agenda of the person uttering it.

Here's my position on immigration briefly summed up:

1 America has every right to take any measure she deems apropriate regarding illegals: from amnesty to the deportation of millions of illegals residing in America for a couple of decades.

2 America should not be blamed for Mexico's underdevelopment because its poverty historically preceded any meaningful contact between both countries.

3 America should not be blamed or considered responsible for the continued presence of drug cartels in Mexican territory as well as the thousands of deaths that results from the drug war. It's not fair to blame a country for being wealthy and secular. The responsability for the dismantlement or expulsion of such organisations falls squarely on the mexican government.

4 Mexico should refrain from issuing official complaints, filing lawsuits and exercising political pressure on America regarding illegal immigration since this is clearly an internal matter (although the political pressure of weak, powerless third world countries like Mexico do not have any bearing on America's decisions).

Note that I support mass deportations. You can't get any tougher on illegal immigration than this, short of advocating life sentences or gas chambers for illegal immigrants.

Show me where the bias against America is, Angelhair?? Cecilie??

Exactly where am I not being absolutely fair to the USA?

José;3304896 said:
Originally posted by Angelhair
Nothing wrong with that. Let's ask Jose why Mexico after all these centuries can't take care of its own???? I know - BECAUSE THE UNITED STATES HAS KEPT IT FROM DOING SO - Got it.

Originally posted by Cecilie1200
And this is all completely aside from the fact that, as an intelligent, educated adult, I do not waste my time with meaningless kindergarten concepts like "fair", the meaning of which is purely subjective according to the agenda of the person uttering it.

Here's my position on immigration briefly summed up:

1 America has every right to take any measure she deems apropriate regarding illegals: from amnesty to the deportation of millions of illegals residing in America for a couple of decades.

2 America should not be blamed for Mexico's underdevelopment because its poverty historically preceded any meaningful contact between both countries.

3 America should not be blamed or considered responsible for the continued presence of drug cartels in Mexican territory as well as the thousands of deaths that results from the drug war. It's not fair to blame a country for being wealthy and secular. The responsability for the dismantlement or expulsion of such organisations falls squarely on the mexican government.

4 Mexico should refrain from issuing official complaints, filing lawsuits and exercising political pressure on America regarding illegal immigration since this is clearly an internal matter (although the political pressure of weak, powerless third world countries like Mexico do not have any bearing on America's decisions).

Note that I support mass deportations. You can't get any tougher on illegal immigration than this, short of advocating life sentences or gas chambers for illegal immigrants.

Show me where the bias against America is, Angelhair?? Cecilie??

Exactly where am I not being absolutely fair to the USA?

You are as fair as you can be, Jose'. It is clear you have a window on the suffering of the poor in Mexico that most of us do not have, and such a thing would light a fire under the ass of any sentient adult.

My only complaint about your POV is the sense of hopelessness you feel about conditions on Mexico ever improving -- but that is understandable as well. Doubtless, you have seen many well-meaning initiatives fail.

I wouldn't fret too long about whether Cecilie approves of your POV. She never approves of any of mine, and I sleep just fine. I don't think Hitler would have been far enough right to suit her.

Originally posted by Madeline
I wouldn't fret too long about whether Cecilie approves of your POV. She never approves of any of mine, and I sleep just fine. I don't think Hitler would have been far enough right to suit her.

So true. She's always cranky and about as sweet as a charging rhino. You can almost smell the testosterone in the air.

If I had to choose between marrying her or Mike Tyson I would ask two weeks to think about it.

As opposed to you, Madeline... I imagine you as a sweet 10 year old little girl typing your messages.

I mean, you don't have any malice just like a little girl. You always speak your mind, what you really think about any subject. I've never seen a single trollish post by you.

José;3305012 said:
As opposed to you, Madeline... I imagine you as a sweet 10 year old little girl typing your messages.

I mean, you don't have any malice just like a little girl. You always speak your mind, what you really think about any subject. I've never seen a single trollish post by you.

You are such a dear, Jose'. I can burst into flames at times, and I fancy myself quite an accomplished bitch, but I do try and support the POV I see as fair.

New Topics

Forum List

Back