Quacks and useless medications

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
It's that time of year where allergies are making lives miserable. Myself included. I went to my local clinic and spoke with the quack on duty. He prescibed a Touro Allergy pill. I told him that the brand's track history has been dismall. But he insisted that I give it a try.

I was correct. The crap is less effective than over the counter meds. Generic Nyquil and pseudoephedrine work just as well and for less money.. But,, that doesn't make me feel any better.

What websites are out there for users to post their opinions on a drugs usefulness? People who have limited funds should not be made to purchase overpriced junk.. I can afford it, and have insurance, but it is highly probable that the clinic is getting a $$kick back from the drug manufacture.

Working Man said:
It's that time of year where allergies are making lives miserable. Myself included. I went to my local clinic and spoke with the quack on duty. He prescibed a Touro Allergy pill. I told him that the brand's track history has been dismall. But he insisted that I give it a try.

I was correct. The crap is less effective than over the counter meds. Generic Nyquil and pseudoephedrine work just as well and for less money.. But,, that doesn't make me feel any better.

What websites are out there for users to post their opinions on a drugs usefulness? People who have limited funds should not be made to purchase overpriced junk.. I can afford it, and have insurance, but it is highly probable that the clinic is getting a $$kick back from the drug manufacture.

Yes. Pharamacological research based on anecdotal evidence. What great idea!

Forum List

Back