QB controversy in Philly?

You keep what got you where you are.

And that would be Carson Wentz.

Presumably you keep Foles for that able backup if you can, although I guess he's got trade value. But I believe he's a free agent so it may not matter.

Then again depending on how he heals, Wentz may not be ready to be in place next season.

He just signed a 5 year deal, but he becomes a free agent if he is still with the eagles by feb 2019. Given that, he is virtually certain to be traded before next February.

Yeah this ^^ makes sense. I wasn't sure when free agency kicks in.

Folks gotta understand this is a formidable team energy; it's not just the QB. Iggles have made some astute personnel moves to put it together.

They have made good moves, and the fact that they have relatively little cap money invested in QB gives them a lot of flexibility. They should be formidable for the next several seasons.

Nice situation to be in Foles is a former all pro QB, Wentz is an all pro QB. With Wentz out, I think the Eagles keep Foles, not sure how good Foles would be in another system. The Eagles have a great cast to support a QB like Foles, not sure what other teams could use Foles in their system.

There's no way foles is still wearing an eagles jersey by week 1. You'll never be able to sell higher than right now and there's going to be a team that will trade a first round pick and they'd be retarded not to take that. Foles will do well in a run heavy, option system

Forum List

Back