QB controversy in Philly?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Nick Foles was darned near perfection throughout the playoffs and especially against the Patriots. He delivered the first Superbowl ever to Philly. So next year do you tell him "Hey thanks Nick, now take a seat on the bench"? Do you trade him? Talk about an embarrassment of riches, the Eagles have two legit Superbowl level QBs a nice problem, but a problem nonetheless.

Question is would Foles prosper in a different scheme........No way Wentz is not the starter next yr...much less of a conundrum than faces MN Vikes

Nick Foles was darned near perfection throughout the playoffs and especially against the Patriots. He delivered the first Superbowl ever to Philly. So next year do you tell him "Hey thanks Nick, now take a seat on the bench"? Do you trade him? Talk about an embarrassment of riches, the Eagles have two legit Superbowl level QBs a nice problem, but a problem nonetheless.

The Eagles can get a first round draft pick and players for Foles. Trade him.

This is stupid. Did you just start watching football today?

The Eagles can get a first round draft pick and players for Foles. Trade him.
They won't get players on top of it but there's going to be a team that will trade a first round pick for him no doubt

You keep what got you where you are.

And that would be Carson Wentz.

Presumably you keep Foles for that able backup if you can, although I guess he's got trade value. But I believe he's a free agent so it may not matter.

Then again depending on how he heals, Wentz may not be ready to be in place next season.

He's not a free agent we have him for 2 more years still. There's no way nick foles is wearing an eagles jersey next season

Presumably you keep Foles for that able backup if you can, although I guess he's got trade value. But I believe he's a free agent so it may not matter.

Then again depending on how he heals, Wentz may not be ready to be in place next season.

He just signed a 5 year deal, but he becomes a free agent if he is still with the eagles by feb 2019. Given that, he is virtually certain to be traded before next February.

I think you make sure you do not lose Foles. He is the SB man after all.

He's clearly an asset to have on your bench. But Carson Wentz put them in the position to take it that far.
Foles over time has been inconsistent. Given the last couple of games maybe he's figured that out, maybe not.

He just signed a 5 year deal, but he becomes a free agent if he is still with the eagles by feb 2019. Given that, he is virtually certain to be traded before next February.

Yeah this ^^ makes sense. I wasn't sure when free agency kicks in.

Folks gotta understand this is a formidable team energy; it's not just the QB. Iggles have made some astute personnel moves to put it together.

He's clearly an asset to have on your bench. But Carson Wentz put them in the position to take it that far.
Foles over time has been inconsistent. Given the last couple of games maybe he's figured that out, maybe not.

I guess time will tell. I sort of agree about Foles. I have had him when I played Fantasy Football several times, but never as my starter. I only used him if my man guy was on a bye.

Yes they have a huge thingy to decide. Wentz is certainly the real deal and will be great for a decade. Foles proved he is also a tier one QB who beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl. Now THAT is a tough decision. I will guess they'll stick with Wentz. But then you have to tell Foles 'so long good luck to you' and hear the fans reaction when the guy that brought them their first SB is leaving.

Let's see do we stick with the new guy who will be a super star or with the guy already the super star. Foles played at a championship level through the entire playoffs, those weren't just run of the mill wins. He also is the real thing.

I think for sure Philadelphia has a window of 6+ years now of legit contending every year for the Super Bowl. I'm hoping for a Pittsburgh/Philadelphia matchup though Pitt's defense needs a lot of help to get there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back