Qaddafi and sons leave libya

Why do we care? Other than it stops the monetary bleeding of this administration of course.
Even if Gaddafi does leave...whoever takes his place will likely be about the same - or maybe even worse.

You may not care when a terrorist kills Americans..but I do.

There's only one answer.

For people who scream "Never forget" about 9/11 you sure do alot of forgetting.

Pheh...seriously?
Saudi Arabia has more to do with terrorism than Gaddafi ever dreamed of.
If that is the reason to dethrone Gaddafi...then that is sorta like convicting the guy who made bullets for murder while leaving the guy who shot the gun alone.
If the reason is to protect "innocent civilians"...pheh on that too.
Syria is killing more innocent people than Gaddafi...yet...we do nothing.

Keep right on excusing Obama for opening a new theater of war for questionable reasons...with end results that are overwhelmingly unknown and possible worse.

And BTW Sallow...as for this line..
Bad form and a cheap shot.
I have received more than one PM asking why do I give Sallow a break...I always tell them I see actual intelligence with this one, and maybe he will outgrow his youthful lack of insight...but when you make post like this - it makes me rethink that line of thought.

My question is, how did the war change from a stalemate to Qadaffi being cut off in Tripoli?

I guess the MSM was too busy paying attention to Ames...

I'm not sure if this IS a good thing. The people we're backing have links to Al Qaeda, and overall, a street level Islamist middle East is not going to be friendlier to the US.

Qadaffi was an asshole, but he was an asshole we could live with. Who knows what these other jokers are going to be like.

Oh really?

He authored Lockerbie. He's a fucking terrorist.

Not someone to live with.

I understand your anger however before all this happened Gaddafi paid reparations to the victims of the Lockerbie bombing, renounced terrorism and his WMD program, helped us track Al Qaeda agents in the region and re-established diplomatic relations with the US and the West, we took Libya off of the state terror list and he was playing ball.

gaddafi-obama.jpg

I personally don't care if Obama had a gay affair with Gaddafi.

Gaddafi's in serious need of a 2 to the Chest and one to the head.

I think my posts make it clear I don't give a fuck if it's a "friendly" terrorist or not.

You kill Americans You die.

Why do we care? Other than it stops the monetary bleeding of this administration of course.
Even if Gaddafi does leave...whoever takes his place will likely be about the same - or maybe even worse.

There's only one answer.

Pheh...seriously?
Saudi Arabia has more to do with terrorism than Gaddafi ever dreamed of.
If that is the reason to dethrone Gaddafi...then that is sorta like convicting the guy who made bullets for murder while leaving the guy who shot the gun alone.
If the reason is to protect "innocent civilians"...pheh on that too.
Syria is killing more innocent people than Gaddafi...yet...we do nothing.

Keep right on excusing Obama for opening a new theater of war for questionable reasons...with end results that are overwhelmingly unknown and possible worse.

What makes you think I am a fan of the Saudis or the Syrians?

Oh really?

I understand your anger however before all this happened Gaddafi paid reparations to the victims of the Lockerbie bombing, renounced terrorism and his WMD program, helped us track Al Qaeda agents in the region and re-established diplomatic relations with the US and the West, we took Libya off of the state terror list and he was playing ball.

gaddafi-obama.jpg

I think my posts make it clear I don't give a fuck if it's a "friendly" terrorist or not.

Gaddafi is an asshole and I won't shed any tears if he goes down however there are alot of question marks about these rebels and what kind of government they will form, could very well be another Islamic theocracy as many of these rebels have Islamic militant backgrounds.

From the Huffington Post:

Embattled Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi may be preparing to flee the country within days, according to NBC News.

U.S. officials told NBC that intelligence reports suggest Gaddafi is in the process of making plans to evacuate from Libya with his family. The reports indicate he may be headed to Tunisia, where it is possible he will be granted exile.

At least seven loud blasts were heard in Tripoli early Friday morning as bombs fell in the vicinity of Gaddafi's main headquarters of Bab al-Aziziya.

Gaddafi Making Plans To Leave Libya, NBC Reports

Good news. Probably easier pickings in Tunisia. My bet is he doesn't live to long after settling in.. :eusa_whistle:

:clap2:

Bet News I have heard in a while. can anyone confirm this?

I have received more than one PM asking why do I give Sallow a break...I always tell them I see actual intelligence with this one, and maybe he will outgrow his youthful lack of insight...but when you make post like this - it makes me rethink that line of thought.

My bad.

Didn't mean to attack you personally..but as I am from NYC and as Terrorism has affected me in a very personal way..I get a little hot headed about it.

My apologies.

gaddafi-obama.jpg

Gaddafi is an asshole and I won't shed any tears if he goes down however there are alot of question marks about these rebels and what kind of government they will form, could very well be another Islamic theocracy as many of these rebels have Islamic militant backgrounds.

There is always that question. But the great people of Libya deserve better.

gaddafi-obama.jpg

The Arab League, China and Russia as well as Europe signed on to this Military action.

That's a very real coalition of the willing. And it got through the UN.

If the world didn't think that Gaddafi was a threat..this would not be happening.

The only real criticism I hear is from our own Country.

I mean really..does anyone want to be on Gaddafi's side?

The Arab League, China and Russia as well as Europe signed on to this Military action.

If the world didn't think that Gaddafi was a threat..this would not be happening.

I'm not on his side I'm just worried about the aftermath, the new government that props up could very well make Gaddafi look like a pussy cat.

from the Sydney Morning Herald, a bit more reliable than huff puff.

Libyan rebels sense victory amid talk of Gaddafi exit
Libya
August 20, 2011

A rebel fighter celebrates in Zawiyah. Photo: Reuters
SEVERAL explosions rocked Tripoli yesterday as reports of Muammar Gaddafi's imminent departure gained force.

NATO warplanes flew over the Libyan capital and explosions were heard in the heart of the seaside capital where Colonel Gaddafi's residential complex is located, as well as in several areas in the west of the city.

US broadcaster NBC reported the Libyan leader was preparing to flee his country. He could leave for Tunisia with his family within days, unnamed US intelligence officials told NBC yesterday.

The head of Libya's rebel Transitional National Council, Mustafa Abdul Jalil, said a final victory over Colonel Gaddafi was ''on the horizon'' after recent military progress by the rebels.

Rebel fighters are now closing in on the capital from the west and the south, while NATO controls the seas to the north.

The opposition is in control of most of the eastern half of the country and has declared Benghazi, 1000 kilometres east of Tripoli, its de facto capital.

Opposition forces said they had seized a strategic refinery in the western town of Zawiya, a key source of fuel supplies to the capital, and the last major barrier before they advance on Tripoli.

Libyan Prime Minister Baghdadi Mahmudi disputed the claim, saying the refinery was ''without doubt'' still in loyalists' hands.

However, Mr Mahmudi told journalists in Tripoli ''the time has arrived for an immediate ceasefire''.

''We are ready to begin a dialogue to put an end to the crisis immediately,'' he added, saying there had been ''contact'' in recent days to find a political solution.

''If you are in favour of a peaceful solution, you will get some good news in the coming days,'' he said.

Rebels have been seeking to sever Tripoli's supply lines from Tunisia to the west and to Colonel Gaddafi's home town of Sirte in the east, in a move they hope will cut off the capital, prompt defections and spark an uprising in Tripoli.
rebel1-200x0.jpg

the reality for most of this Arab Spring is most of the new Regimes have been more batshit than the old regimes. I don't want a continuation of Qadaffi, but I don't want worse either.

Last edited:

My bad.

Didn't mean to attack you personally..but as I am from NYC and as Terrorism has affected me in a very personal way..I get a little hot headed about it.

My apologies.

Terrorism has affected lots of us in a very personal way. But please don't let reality get in the way of your victimhood.

My bad.

My apologies.

What part. I was just in Brooklyn.

Use to work for the NYSE. Lots of our people were in the Building when the attack happened. We saw debris on our side as well.

My ex-wife was working in the WTC during the first attack. Luckily she got out with a little smoke damage on her clothes.

I'm not on his side I'm just worried about the aftermath, the new government that props up could very well make Gaddafi look like a pussy cat.

And therein lies the problem to the entire Mid-Eastern theatre.
The old empirical ways of the British and France in days long by look more and more attractive all the time. The sheer short-sightedness of the entire world in both enriching these insane nations and then supplying them with military equipment and technology is perhaps the single dumbest collective thing world leaders have done in the history of the world.
The middle-east has a history of non stop bloodshed since the dawn of man, and entire region of intolerance and bickering - and we modernized them!!
Unbelievable.

My bad.

My apologies.

What part. I was just in Brooklyn.

Use to work for the NYSE. Lots of our people were in the Building when the attack happened. We saw debris on our side as well.

My ex-wife was working in the WTC during the first attack. Luckily she got out with a little smoke damage on her clothes.

Damn! Glad you guys made it out okay. I heard people who suvived always qestion why they were the lucky ones, do you feel that way or did she every relate that to you?

My question is, how did the war change from a stalemate to Qadaffi being cut off in Tripoli?

I guess the MSM was too busy paying attention to Ames...

I'm not sure if this IS a good thing. The people we're backing have links to Al Qaeda, and overall, a street level Islamist middle East is not going to be friendlier to the US.

Qadaffi was an asshole, but he was an asshole we could live with. Who knows what these other jokers are going to be like.

Oh really?

Oh, now you guys are upset about terrorists?

Funny, I remember some liberal Grafitti from UIC back in the 1980's."Bomb the Contras, not Libia" (Yes, they spelled it wrong! Fine Public Education Liberals, obviously.)

I remember liberals in the 1980's saying Lockerby was justified because Reagan had killed Khadafy's imaginary daughter in his bombing raid in response to the Berlin Disco bombing.

But now that he's a scalp the Community Organizer can nail to his mantlepiece, you all want to kill the bastard.

The thing is, the guys we are supporting are terrorists, too. They are the ones who fought against our troops in Iraq before going home.

There's only one answer.

your knee jerkism is as usual over the top. geo-politics is mean game, yesterdays son of a bitch is tomorrows "hes our son of a bitch"...this is life. everyone plays the game.

the sad fact is we had Qaddafi neutered, this was all BS. this was to help pimp nato as viable and pay back for mediocre sppt in Afghanistan. what io did is paint nato as exactly what it is, American funded and befuddled without our leadership, many have taken notice and this will not end happily. there's my prophecy.

Forum List

Back