Q3 GDP growth 2.5%, Greek Deal struck.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Looks like it's going to be an up day on the dow. GDP came in with good numbers and the EU Zone got a deal done to cope with the Greek crisis.

For those looking for "Links"!

Instant view: Q3 GDP up 2.5 percent; weekly jobless claims lower | Reuters

Instant view: Q3 GDP up 2.5 percent; weekly jobless claims lower
NEW YORK | Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:53am EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Economic growth increased at its fastest in a year in the third quarter as consumers and businesses set aside fears about the recovery and stepped up spending, creating momentum that could carry into the final three months of the year.

Asia Stocks Jump as Europe Agrees Greek Deal, China Easing Seen
Oct. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Asian stocks rose, sending the benchmark index toward the highest close in almost eight weeks, after European leaders made a breakthrough in resolving the debt crisis and Chinese stocks surged on speculation the country may ease monetary policy.
Asia Stocks Jump as Europe Agrees Greek Deal, China Easing Seen - BusinessWeek

How many times in the last 4 years has greece needed to be bailed out?

And the liberals there are rioting for more money from the government.

Damn, and people here want to copy that crap? There's not enough money in the world to bail out America.

Damn, and people here want to copy that crap? There's not enough money in the world to bail out America.

You do know why the Greeks borrowed that money, right?

I also know they can't pay it back, unless they are prepared for a revolution, they must drastically cut waste, and you have already seen what the liberals there do at the mention of cuts.

I also know they can't pay it back, unless they are prepared for a revolution, they must drastically cut waste, and you have already seen what the liberals there do at the mention of cuts.

That's not what's happening. Read the article.

I suspect that knowing the bad news means a healthier state of affairs for the markets than NOT knowing what is going to happen.

Uncertainty about what is going to happen can be more damaging to a market than knowing THAT bad things are going to happen.

They're leaders signed them on to the EuroZone debt and the Ponzi scheme of derivatives.

Every few years elected leaders and banksters will announce that only re-financing the black hole of derivatives will save their country, which is of course bullshit! The derivatives can never mathematically be paid off! It's best to just let the banks fail but too many people believe the "Too Big To Fail" con job.

The Banksters who created the problem will announce that the solution will be for Greece to give up it's rights and sovereignty to them! You see because it's freedom that caused all this! Not the Banksters!

The Banksters will then sell off all of Greece's assets and the people will live under "austerity" in order to pay off the debt that can never really be paid off. Great scam huh?

This is what's coming to the US. This is why you need to support the OWS crowd. They don't know exactly why it's happening but they know it's happening.

They're leaders signed them on to the EuroZone debt and the Ponzi scheme of derivatives.

Every few years elected leaders and banksters will announce that only re-financing the black hole of derivatives will save their country, which is of course bullshit! The derivatives can never mathematically be paid off! It's best to just let the banks fail but too many people believe the "Too Big To Fail" con job.

The Banksters who created the problem will announce that the solution will be for Greece to give up it's rights and sovereignty to them! You see because it's freedom that caused all this! Not the Banksters!

The Banksters will then sell off all of Greece's assets and the people will live under "austerity" in order to pay off the debt that can never really be paid off. Great scam huh?

This is what's coming to the US. This is why you need to support the OWS crowd. They don't know exactly why it's happening but they know it's happening.

They gave up control of their financial infrastructure when they signed up for the European Union. Trouble was, they thought they could up grade their military by borrowing more money then they could repay. Heck..easy money..why not?

Greece has some real problems. And building up the military was an astonishing move.

The economy showing sings of life? Oh oh, the GOP better act quickly to put the brakes on that!

They gave up control of their financial infrastructure when they signed up for the European Union.

Incorrect on so many levels. Main issue is that when they signed up for the European Union they did not give up any control over the financial infrastructure. They gave up some when they joined the Eurozone and adopted the Euro years later, but that is a whole other discussion.

I suspect that knowing the bad news means a healthier state of affairs for the markets than NOT knowing what is going to happen.

Uncertainty about what is going to happen can be more damaging to a market than knowing THAT bad things are going to happen.

What worries me is 6 months to a year from now, when all the organizations that lent the greek government money have to take the 50% hit on the loaned principal of the government bonds.

Lets see how the markets do then.

They gave up control of their financial infrastructure when they signed up for the European Union.

Incorrect on so many levels. Main issue is that when they signed up for the European Union they did not give up any control over the financial infrastructure. They gave up some when they joined the Eurozone and adopted the Euro years later, but that is a whole other discussion.

Which is it? Some or none?

They can't print money. That to me is alot.

Oh my, Dow up 320. Unemployment numbers down. Growth rate up. Time for sackcloth and ashes for the 'Conservatives'.

I remember when they were doing the "failure" thing to Clinton and the economy started to turn around. Remember Rush's "America held hostage" days?

:lol:

Oh my, Dow up 320. Unemployment numbers down. Growth rate up. Time for sackcloth and ashes for the 'Conservatives'.

I remember when they were doing the "failure" thing to Clinton and the economy started to turn around. Remember Rush's "America held hostage" days?

:lol:

I remember when you actually had a clue as to what you were talking about.

the gdp is better than I expected, and am glad to hear it, as you long as you realize that this is just a march in place number thats fine, lets see if we can get some growth going.... *shrugs*

as far as the EU and the debt crisis over there, please take this the right way ok, but, you should really just shut the heck up and not mention it..... no offense sincerely, please go read, don't play google ranger.

Yep. And now the 'Conservatives' scream every time you mention a tax increase followed by the longest boom period in American History. And tax cuts for the very wealthy followed by a near repeat of the First Great Republican Depression.

Well, if the economy truly turns around, and begins to grow at a good rate, all the 'Conservatives' will be screaming that the President had nothing to do with it. If it continues to waffle, it is all the President's fault. LOL.

But, of course, none of what happened from 2001 to 2009 was Bush's fault.

Forum List

Back