Q2 2011 GDP and assorted not so good stats, the Politics

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Friday the 29th official Q2 GDP number comes out, its anti climatic imho, there are foot-trails all over the place leading into the jungle of deep poo poo......

Durable Goods orders sank 2.1% from May to June, inventories are at all time highs (ergo orders thru the summer will be slack) , capital goods- they wrote a special law ( temporary only hello) for these as 100% deductions in this tax year and they are DOWN 4.1%, thats a very bad indicator amongst other not so good indicators. In short June blew, big time...and May wasn't looking so hot either.

I don't know, I'll say....humm, 1.5%, the walking dead economy.

As far as the politics goes? well, now that Timmy has found more revenue ( the way he runs the show he probably found it in an old pair of pants) so he can push the debt ceiling date back to August 10th, Obama may lose some more leverage in the general malaise which is sure to follow.

In addition the July employment number which I have a feeling won't be anything to write home about will be coming out before the new deadline too, August 7th.

I think you're optimistic. I'll say somewhere right around .8% to 1% - consumer spending will just barely offset reductions in government orders and construction.

Friday the 29th official Q2 GDP number comes out, its anti climatic imho, there are foot-trails all over the place leading into the jungle of deep poo poo......

Durable Goods orders sank 2.1% from May to June, inventories are at all time highs (ergo orders thru the summer will be slack) , capital goods- they wrote a special law ( temporary only hello) for these as 100% deductions in this tax year and they are DOWN 4.1%, thats a very bad indicator amongst other not so good indicators. In short June blew, big time...and May wasn't looking so hot either.

I don't know, I'll say....humm, 1.5%, the walking dead economy.

As far as the politics goes? well, now that Timmy has found more revenue ( the way he runs the show he probably found it in an old pair of pants) so he can push the debt ceiling date back to August 10th, Obama may lose some more leverage in the general malaise which is sure to follow.

In addition the July employment number which I have a feeling won't be anything to write home about will be coming out before the new deadline too, August 7th.

1.0% and 9.2%.
The stats engaved on the headstone of Obama's political career.

The Economy will be getting worse. Hopey Changey Land aint no Fairy Tale. How long before the entire Country resembles his "Organized" Third World Hell-Hole Chicago Community? Scary thought huh? It's very sad.

But TM said the economy was going to make a come back....

Maybe the next, next, next time it will happen... maybe.

Anyways, I hope things get better but sadly there is no reason for it when we have Reps and Dems like we do running the show.

Forum List

Back