Q1 2019 watch - if under 3.0% - where is Trump’s economic miracle - can Trump beat O’s 2.9% ever?

Here’s the record thru 2018:
View attachment 254781

U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2017 | Statista

Trump and Obama are tied a 2.9 Best full year of GDP growth.

Do you think Trump’s Q1 this year will break the tie and boost Trump to 3.0 or more?

Do you believe Trump will ever get a full year of GDP growth this high?

View attachment 254787

Some experts - The liberal fake news WSJ is forecasting 1.4% for Q1.

Trump supporters tell us your forecast?

What happens if Trump’s third year ends (GDP-wise) anywhere below Obama’s 2.9% in 2015?

According to Trump 2.9 is anemic and weak.

"Obama is the first president in modern history not to have a single year of 3 percent growth," Trump said during an Oct. 28 campaign rally in Manchester, N.H.

Trump's claim about Obama's weak economic growth is limited

Do you think Trump will be the second president in modern history not to have a single year of 3 percent growth,"

What does an “anemic” Trump do for Obama’s legacy?
  • Moving forward, there are reasons to believe that growth will continue to be slower than was originally hoped. Annual U.S. GDP growth exceeding 3.0 percent, as experienced in the mid- to late 1990s and mid-2000s, is not expected to be attainable over the coming decade.
The U.S. economy to 2022: settling into a new normal : Monthly Labor Review: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Are we settling into a new normal that is not so horrible without 3% sustained GDP growth?

You fricken loons are, if nothing else, quite entertaining. You piss and moan month after month for the last couple of years, resisting everything and anything possible. Then you want to whine about GDP numbers not reaching a certain level. Why the hell don't ya try contributing for once in your stinkin life.

Moron, what the fuck makes you think we don’t contribute?

You are just making up bullshit because you know you can’t defend Trump selling 4-5% growth and talking about “best economy Eva!!!” while reality is that it’s same ol’ 2.X% growth he was blasting under Obama.

Yep, my wife and I just paid more in taxes again than the average deplorable MAGA hat wearing, beerbellied, can’t find work because illegals took all the jobs, deplorable, makes in his best year.

Jitss617, post: 22164600
He will crush it if congress approves his trade deals

Maybe, but he is rowing against the strong current of not enough workers to keep up with increased opportunities for growth, Baby Boomers retiring, trillion dollar annual deficits, trade deficit growing,

Maybe it’s time to think things through a little better and not make it so much about it all being about him and hie smart and tough he is.

easyt65, post: 22164671
Trump got the manufacturing plants and jobs to return.

How many manufacturing plants have returned according to your source? How many jobs?

Do you think any of these issues have anything to do with it?

Again, what’s driving companies back to the U.S.?

• “Something everybody can agree on: Chinese wages and prices have gone up significantly in the last 10, 15 years,” said Mr. Moser.
  • Mr. Moser also cited increased tax duties, freight expenses and the costs of intellectual property risk and travel as factors that make reshoring more attractive.
  • Then there’s e-commerce. With many Americans now expecting packages delivered within 24 or 48 hours after they order online, distribution centers need to be replenished quickly, which means, for some products, the source material needs to be closer to the customer. “And all of a sudden, maybe 25 percent of what has been offshored makes sense to come back," said Mr. Moser.
  • Automation can also even the playing field between the U.S. and China as robotics make American factories increasingly competitive, but also less reliant on manufacturing workers.
Trump hypes jobs relocating back to the U.S. Are they?

Just wondering if TrumpO had much to do with any of those developments over the past decades.

protectionist, post: 22164815
I get my information from the US Commerce Dept, Bureau of Econmic Analysis.

And they say that the average GDP growth for 2015 was 2.0% not 2.9%.

Show what you are looking at because whatever it is it is wrong. My guess is you are looking at s preliminary forecast and miss the third and final update.,

Not convinced?

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2018-08/gdp2q18_adv_4.pdf
BAA4D647-0FC6-4CDD-96CA-8BD0FE3DB9BB.jpeg

See another source below. They reference the BEA as the source for their table:

Resources for Table
98B771DA-293C-400B-B0B6-DD5EDD990FD8.jpeg

So now that you’ve been proven wrong, will you join the discussion or run away?

Last edited:
View attachment 254781

Do you think Trump’s Q1 this year will break the tie and boost Trump to 3.0 or more?

View attachment 254787

What happens if Trump’s third year ends (GDP-wise) anywhere below Obama’s 2.9% in 2015?

"Obama is the first president in modern history not to have a single year of 3 percent growth," Trump said during an Oct. 28 campaign rally in Manchester, N.H.

Do you think Trump will be the second president in modern history not to have a single year of 3 percent growth,"

• Moving forward, there are reasons to believe that growth will continue to be slower than was originally hoped. Annual U.S. GDP growth exceeding 3.0 percent, as experienced in the mid- to late 1990s and mid-2000s, is not expected to be attainable over the coming decade.
The U.S. economy to 2022: settling into a new normal : Monthly Labor Review: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Are we settling into a new normal that is not so horrible without 3% sustained GDP growth?

You fricken loons are, if nothing else, quite entertaining. You piss and moan month after month for the last couple of years, resisting everything and anything possible. Then you want to whine about GDP numbers not reaching a certain level. Why the hell don't ya try contributing for once in your stinkin life.

Moron, what the fuck makes you think we don’t contribute?

You are just making up bullshit because you know you can’t defend Trump selling 4-5% growth and talking about “best economy Eva!!!” while reality is that it’s same ol’ 2.X% growth he was blasting under Obama.

Yep, my wife and I just paid more in taxes again than the average deplorable MAGA hat wearing, beerbellied, can’t find work because illegals took all the jobs, deplorable, makes in his best year.

if your wife has to work to supplement your lifestyle i doubt it ...besides we have those budgets to worry about TAXes are for the greater good

trumps a yuge exaggerator dont ever trust those people
they'll just make shit up .

Posted on March 11, 2011
Obama: "We Cannot Drill Our Way Out" Of Oil Crisis
President Obama says domestic oil drilling will not solve our energy crisis, but is open to the idea.
"We can't escape the fact that we only control 2% of the world's oil, but consume over 1/4 of the world's oil. T. Boone Pickens who was right when he said, this is one emergency we cannot drill our way out of. We cannot place our long-term bets on a finite resource that we only control 2% of, especially one vulnerable to hurricanes, war and political turmoil. Beyond increased domestic production, if we want to increase our long-term independence, we need to reduce our demand and break our independence on oil," President Obama said at a news conference on Friday.

what a Great man...if only he could of pulled a bloomberg Amended the constitution and gotten rid of term limits we'd hit that 3.0

ya kept dr bombay right ?

hopefully we can be more like Sweden and tax people @ 60% ......no refunds

22lcidw, post: 22164681
Somehow we ended up with the bastardization of Obamacare passed near Christmas of 2009 when they were on their way out.

Isn’t Obamacare supposed to be s jobs killer and destroy the economy and repealed by Trumpo?

It’s still running and we have lowest unemployment rate in 40 years. And the great wonderful booming economy.

How can this be?

Deplorable Yankee, post: 22165546,
if your wife has to work to supplement your lifestyle i doubt it ...besides we have those budgets to worry about TAXes are for the greater good

Our lifestyle is 19 years and running started out with not much but we paid off our townhome in 12 years and we bought a condo With cash four years ago, put our daughter through college and rent her the condo at a duscount IN THE DC area while she goes for her masters.

My wife is a Doctor. She works in research.

Any more questions?

Can you stay on topic or do you just post shit that you know you cannot know anything about.

View attachment 254781

View attachment 254787

Obama took over a global recession with 800,000 jobs a month being lost, and a compete crash of the bank and real estate industries and achieved his growth.

Trump was handed a growing economy in all sectors with the largest employment boom since the 50’s.

He should be averaging 3% by accident/

View attachment 254781

View attachment 254787

You fools are pathetic.

We have a great economy, UE the lowest its been sinc 69 and jobs, jobs and more jobs around the country. Yet all you pathetic little shits can do is bring up a GDP??

You sure are whinny little shits without one ounce of common sense.

Pathetic.

Deplorable Yankee, post: 22165546,

Our lifestyle is 19 years and running started out with not much but we paid off our townhome in 12 years and we bought a condo With cash four years ago, put our daughter through college and rent her the condo at a duscount IN THE DC area while she goes for her masters.
My wife is a Doctor. She works in research.

Any more questions?

Can you stay on topic or do you just post shit that you know you cannot know anything about.

and works for somebody if lucky busting 6 figs an year.
well you were putting down the "deplorables" as ass scratching broke rubes
How dare i question your great wealth . A town house and a condo ...PAID cash
wow thats big time....zzzzzz

Suburban DC ROFLMAO so cosmopolitan
I was on topic and returning the put down ya backwards lightweight hick

your mentioning exaggeration and i paid more taxes this year like a braggart
very trump
low class middle class rat

I can demonize and brag to

WHY do all suburbanites think they're worldly sophisticated enlightened cosmopolitans ...OH theyre better than you rubes
How dare you ignore their wisdom .

Wanna be a big shot ?I can redact and post my last consulting jobs paycheck stub I guarantee you its more than your wife made this year BIG SHOT.
how that for braggin ...oh ya see im unemployed my self at the moment ...its called semi retirement ...just chillin

I owned more than 2 fucking buildings in one of the most expensive markets in the country and was in manufacturing for almost 30 years

I leave you to insulting the beer bellied trump voting rubes

a HICK rube calling others rubes ...not the first time ive seen it

LOL...really?

Exactly which trade deals are you talking about and where is your link to unbiased, factual proof that to implement these 'trade deals' will radically ('crush') alter the Real GDP Growth?

This should be good for a laugh because I have read some of your posts and you appear COMPLETELY clueless about macroeconomic matters.

View attachment 254781

View attachment 254787

You fools are pathetic.

We have a great economy, UE the lowest its been sinc 69 and jobs, jobs and more jobs around the country. Yet all you pathetic little shits can do is bring up a GDP??

Pathetic.

Well, to be fair (not that you are ever fair) the GDP and the inability to get it over 3% was a major attack topic by Trump during the election and by the GOP in general. We were told that a GDP under 3% is pathetic and that Trump was going to get it back to 5 and 6 percent growth.

What trade deals? NAFTA 2.0 is the only one's he's done. Canada was the big winner in that one. The US got nothing.

Um, Canada got screwed with the USMCA deal...

are you stupid? Canada got everything they wanted and only had to open up about 5% of their dairy market to the US.

One of the biggest complaints about Canada going into the negotiations was about their timber/lumber industry...it was not touched.

What trade deals? NAFTA 2.0 is the only one's he's done. Canada was the big winner in that one. The US got nothing.

You just proved you do not have nary a clue what is actually in the deal.

'Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. There might not be a lot of love lost between Trump and Trudeau, but in the end, Trudeau didn’t cave much on his key issues: dairy and Chapter 19, the treaty’s dispute resolution mechanism. Trudeau held out and got what he wanted: Canada’s dairy supply management system stays mostly intact, and Chapter 19 remains in place, a win for the Canadian lumber sector. On dairy, Canada is mainly giving U.S. farmers more ability to sell milk protein concentrate, skim milk powder and infant formula. On top of the substantive issues, Trump went out of his way to criticize the Canadian negotiating team in the final days of deliberations, which Trudeau can play up as a sign of just how hard his staff fought on this deal.'

Winners and losers of the ‘USMCA’ trade deal

PLUS, it looks like Canada will not even ratify it.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

I suggest you stick to whatever the hell it is you do know.

Because USMCA AIN'T it.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

are you stupid? Canada got everything they wanted and only had to open up about 5% of their dairy market to the US.

One of the biggest complaints about Canada going into the negotiations was about their timber/lumber industry...it was not touched.

I don't know if she is stupid or not...but she is ignorant on this.

She must get her news from Fox.

I don't know if she is stupid or not...but she is ignorant on this.

She must get her news from Fox.

More likely from the GOP talking points emails.

View attachment 254781

View attachment 254787

You fools are pathetic.

Pathetic.
You think GDP doesn’t matter dumbass? Talk about stupid shits

Forum List

Back