Q of the month-how many climate Gurus predicted absence major hurricanes for 6 years?

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Answer? :lol:

Zero and if you did, you are, (despite it being true) a vicious climate denier and Oil co. lackey.

Now, how many prophesied a flurry of same due to GW as they blamed GW for the very same of the past? ? Well the better Q is, who didn't. :lol:

I chopped a few paragraphs off the top to fit the meat of the article here.

talk about an inconvenient timeout by Mother Nature, the GW crew must be beside themselves. A 100 year record, most especially at that early point of the Industrial rev. is big stuff eh? I am sure they will find some excuse to back out of their past remarks and prognostications....

November 28, 2011
Weather, Not Climate

snip-

As of today it has been 2,226 days since the last major hurricane (Category 3 or higher) hit the US mainland. Unless a big hurricane hits this winter, it means we are on track to break a 100 year record for the longest gap between major hurricanes hitting the coast. (The last Big Calm was between 1900 and 1906.)

For those of you who are confused, let me remind you: the only meteorological phenomena that count are the ones that confirm the climate alarmist case. It doesn’t matter what it is — drought, flood, blizzard, heat wave — if it can be made to support fear about the climate, it matters and it needs to be thoroughly analyzed and widely publicized.

Meteorological phenomena that, to the unsophisticated, might appear to undermine the case that WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE if we don’t immediately pass a stringent carbon treaty, are meaningless and should be ignored.

A spate of hurricanes is climate; an absence of big storms is weather. The absence of any major hurricanes for six years is a meaningless phenomenon; should a couple of big ones hit in any given year, then every editorial page in the country will fill with hand wringing, dire warning and I told you so.

And remember, the science is settled. Anybody who asks how many of the climate change models predicted this absence of major hurricane events in the US six years ago is a vicious climate denier, is funded by the oil companies, and should be dealt with by the usual methods.

the whole article at-

Weather, Not Climate | Via Meadia

Last edited:
All the k00ks predicted dozens of Cat 5 storms.........we got about 2!!!:up::up:

These k00ks have whats commonly referred to as acute memory lapse..........or more likely, chronic fcukkedupedness.

I don't get the "Oil co. lackey" bit.

if you take grant money form an Oil co. any research is automatically labeled as tainted.

of course Berkeley has a huge GW prgm and BP gives them bundles of cash too, but, well, you know, thats different:eusa_shhh:

Zero and if you did, you are, (despite it being true) a vicious climate denier and Oil co. lackey.

Now, how many prophesied a flurry of same due to GW as they blamed GW for the very same of the past? ? Well the better Q is, who didn't. :lol:

talk about an inconvenient timeout by Mother Nature, the GW crew must be beside themselves. A 100 year record, most especially at that early point of the Industrial rev. is big stuff eh? I am sure they will find some excuse to back out of their past remarks and prognostications....

November 28, 2011
Weather, Not Climate

snip-

As of today it has been 2,226 days since the last major hurricane (Category 3 or higher) hit the US mainland. Unless a big hurricane hits this winter, it means we are on track to break a 100 year record for the longest gap between major hurricanes hitting the coast. (The last Big Calm was between 1900 and 1906.)

For those of you who are confused, let me remind you: the only meteorological phenomena that count are the ones that confirm the climate alarmist case. It doesn’t matter what it is — drought, flood, blizzard, heat wave — if it can be made to support fear about the climate, it matters and it needs to be thoroughly analyzed and widely publicized.

Meteorological phenomena that, to the unsophisticated, might appear to undermine the case that WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE if we don’t immediately pass a stringent carbon treaty, are meaningless and should be ignored.

A spate of hurricanes is climate; an absence of big storms is weather. The absence of any major hurricanes for six years is a meaningless phenomenon; should a couple of big ones hit in any given year, then every editorial page in the country will fill with hand wringing, dire warning and I told you so.

And remember, the science is settled. Anybody who asks how many of the climate change models predicted this absence of major hurricane events in the US six years ago is a vicious climate denier, is funded by the oil companies, and should be dealt with by the usual methods.

the whole article at-

In the first place, while some climate scientists once believed that more hurricanes might result from the current abrupt global warming trend, later research indicates that while the total numbers of storms may stay about the same, the number of the most intense storms seems to be increasing and that trend is now predicted to continue. As Kerry Emanuel, one of the worlds leading atmospheric scientists, stated, "Records of hurricane activity worldwide show an upswing of both the maximum wind speed in and the duration of hurricanes. The energy released by the average hurricane (again considering all hurricanes worldwide) seems to have increased by around 70% in the past 30 years or so, corresponding to about a 15% increase in the maximum wind speed and a 60% increase in storm lifetime."

In the second place, like most of the dim-witted denier cultists, you seem to think that America constitutes the whole world.

Here's just one example of what has been happening in the rest of the world that you narrow-mindedly ignore in your idiotic attempt to deny reality.

Cyclone Nargis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cyclone Nargis (JTWC designation: 01B, also known as Very Severe Cyclonic Storm Nargis), was a strong tropical cyclone that caused the worst natural disaster in the recorded history of Burma.[1] The cyclone made landfall in Burma on Friday, May 2, 2008, causing catastrophic destruction and at least 138,000 fatalities.

Very Severe Cyclonic Storm Nargis (IMD)
Category 4 Tropical Cyclone (SSHS)
Formed April 27, 2008 (2008-04-27)
Dissipated May 3, 2008 (2008-05-04)
Highest winds 3-minute sustained: 165 km/h (105 mph)
1-minute sustained: 215 km/h (135 mph)
Lowest pressure 962 mbar (hPa; 28.41 inHg)
Fatalities 138,366 total
Damage $10 billion (2008 USD)
Areas affected Bangladesh, Burma, India, Sri Lanka
Part of the 2008 North Indian Ocean cyclone season

November 28, 2011
Weather, Not Climate

snip-

the whole article at-

In the first place, while some climate scientists once believed that more hurricanes might result from the current abrupt global warming trend, later research indicates that while the total numbers of storms may stay about the same, the number of the most intense storms seems to be increasing and that trend is now predicted to continue. As Kerry Emanuel, one of the worlds leading atmospheric scientists, stated, "Records of hurricane activity worldwide show an upswing of both the maximum wind speed in and the duration of hurricanes. The energy released by the average hurricane (again considering all hurricanes worldwide) seems to have increased by around 70% in the past 30 years or so, corresponding to about a 15% increase in the maximum wind speed and a 60% increase in storm lifetime."

In the second place, like most of the dim-witted denier cultists, you seem to think that America constitutes the whole world.

Here's just one example of what has been happening in the rest of the world that you narrow-mindedly ignore in your idiotic attempt to deny reality.

Cyclone Nargis

Cyclone Nargis (JTWC designation: 01B, also known as Very Severe Cyclonic Storm Nargis), was a strong tropical cyclone that caused the worst natural disaster in the recorded history of Burma.[1] The cyclone made landfall in Burma on Friday, May 2, 2008, causing catastrophic destruction and at least 138,000 fatalities.

Fatalities 138,366 total

perfect:clap2: now go to mass, Gore has your host.

He raises an interesting question. But I haven't seen that the ferocity of Typhoons is out of line. I think that the rate of Typhoons is actually declining too.

But the bigger issue here is that the East coast of the US is the focus of large numbers of storms. According to every model from when AGW first came out as a big deal, we are supposed to be getting worse in this one area.

If your model makes a prediction of x being a consequence of y, if X fails to happen, then there is something very wrong with the model.

As Ive been saying on here for 2 years now........the public views environmental activists as agenda driven k00ks. Which means........they're losing.........in epic fashion, I might add. All the BS numbers, temp readings, ice data yada.....yada crap posted up here by the nutters makes zero difference in 2011. Fact is s0ns.......the public couldnt give a rats ass = 100% certainty.

I asked the k00ks to post up a single link proving otherwise............that was 6 months ago. Still waiting!!!:boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu::boobies::fu:

The best response I got back???

Rolling Thunder posted up a picture of the fcukking Matterhorn!!!!:2up:

matterhorn1.jpg

:blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup::blowup:

Last edited:
I count 14 category 5 hurricanes this century so far in the Pacific and Atlantic.

Pacific cat 5's
2002 Elida
Hernan
Kenna
2006 Ioke
2009 Rick
2010 Celia

Atlantic Cat 5's
2003 Isabel
2004 Ivan
2005 Emily
Katrina
Rita
2005 Wilma
2007 Dean
Felix

Fucking dumb right wing blog. What a hoot. There have been a number of major hurricanes in the Atlantic in the last six years. They did not come onshore in the US. We can be thankful for that. And hope it lasts a while longer.

List of Category 5 Atlantic hurricanes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The list of Category 5 Atlantic hurricanes encompasses 32 tropical cyclones that reached Category 5 intensity on the Saffir–Simpson Hurricane Scale within the Atlantic Ocean (north of the equator), the Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico. They are the most catastrophic hurricanes that can form on planet Earth. They are relatively rare in the Atlantic Ocean, and generally occur only about once every three years on average in the Atlantic basin. In general, Category 5s form in clusters in single years. Landfalls by storms at Category 5 strength are rare due to the generally northeastward path of tropical cyclones in the Northern Hemisphere's mid-latitudes. This is caused by the westerlies, which recurve strong hurricanes towards colder waters in the open Atlantic Ocean. However, the easterly large-scale surface winds in the tropics may steer strong hurricanes in the Caribbean Sea towards land areas.

Only four times—in the 1960, 1961, 2005 and 2007 hurricane seasons—have multiple Category 5 hurricanes formed. Only in 2005 have more than two Category 5 storms formed, and only in 2007 has more than one made landfall at Category 5 strength.[1]

Using "hit the US mainland" as a qualifier is beyond lame, no offense. The hurricanes are happening but steering currents or what have you have kept them from hitting the US.

See, the lack of Cat 5 hurricanes is because of Global Climate Change Man Made Disruption.

Here, let me show you my computer model

Do you have faith in Manmade global warming? Will you accept AGW as your scientific savior? Immune to all testing, it's an article of Faith

Cyclone Nargis

Fatalities 138,366 total

perfect now go to mass, Gore has your host.

LOL. You are such a nutjob, Tralala. I guess this kind of meaningless off-the-wall nonsense response is the best you can do when your denier cult fantasies get blown away by the facts.

See, the lack of Cat 5 hurricanes is because of Global Climate Change Man Made Disruption.

Here, let me show you my computer model

Too bad nobody can "show you" reality, you poor retarded dumbshit, but unfortunately your peanut sized brain is impenetrable to the facts.

I don't get the "Oil co. lackey" bit.

if you take grant money form an Oil co. any research is automatically labeled as tainted.

of course Berkeley has a huge GW prgm and BP gives them bundles of cash too, but, well, you know, thats different:eusa_shhh:
but if you take grand money from ecofascist advocacy groups, you're pure as the driven snow.

Nooooo... no hypocrisy there. None whatsoever.

Forum List

Back