Q&A: Sudan's Darfur conflict

You're just flat-ass dumb.
You are the dumb one Gunny!!

The legitimate government of Sudan has been attacked by rebel terrorists for years. Because the rebels want to control the oil regions.

The Western media has taken the side of the terrorists against the legal government of Sudan because they are Islamic.

So now Gunny you are on the side of a known terrorist organization!! :cuckoo:

OK --let's get it straight here--Which countries are messing with Sudan's internal affairs ?

In recent years, a significant amount of foreign-based oil drilling has begun in Southern Sudan, raising the land's geopolitical profile. Khartoum has broken much of the Sudan into blocks with about 85% of the oil coming from the South. Blocks 1, 2, and 4 are controlled by the largest overseas consortium, the Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC). GNPOC is composed of the following players: CNPC, the People's Republic of China, with a 40% stake, Petronas (Malaysia), with 30%, ONGC India, with 25%, and Sudapet of the central Sudan government with 5%[citation needed].

The other producing blocks in the South are blocks 3 and 7 in Eastern Upper Nile. These blocks are controlled by Petrodar which is 41% owned by CNPC of China, 40% by Petronas, 8% by Sudapet, 5% by Gulf Petroleum and 5% by Al Thani[citation needed].

Another major block in the South, called Block B by Khartoum, is claimed by several players. Total of France was awarded the concession for the 90,000 square kilometre block in the 1980s but has since done limited work invoking "force majeure". Various elements of the SPLM handed out the block or parts thereof to other parties. Several of these pre-Naivasha deals were revoked when the SPLM came to power. One company, Jarch Management Group, Ltd., claims that the Government of Southern Sudan has since accepted its pre-CPA contracts

Southern Sudan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All of the nations of these foreign oil companys have been supplying weapons to the Sudan People's Liberation Army to fight the legal government of Sudan.

The SPLA rebel's should be listed as a terrorist organization by the West.

It's funny how none of this is told on the US or Western media. How Sudan's civilian citizens have been attacked and murdered even in the capital city.

Our media paints this a war of muslim north against the innocent christian south. When in fact the christian southern rebels were the ones who went north in the beginning and slaughtered the people of the north.

The war is 100% about oil and Not about religion as the American people have been led to believe by the media.

Last edited:
OK --let's get it straight here--Which countries are messing with Sudan's internal affairs ?
I don't know I just posted the watch sites. The second one is a blog about a person who has been there. I have read the stories as they have came out and a few request for help from missionaries that are over their working or their reports when the churches were being burned with the people in the buildings.

People on the board seem to be confusing the Black population of the southern Sudan who took part in the SPLA resistance, and the Black population of Darfur. Darfur's Blacks have been predominantly Muslim for the last 600 years, and Darfur was an independent sultanate for hundreds of years, until it was conquered by the Egyptians. When the British conquered Sudan, they incorporated Darfur into it.

As I see it, the rebellion in the south came in response to attempts by Arabs to dominate the country and seize Blacks' oil wealth. The uprising in Darfur came partly in response to the instability that this war occasioned and to the government's overall brutality, but I think the main issue is drought/desertification. As Arab herders ran out of water for their cattle, the government encouraged them to drive their cattle into Darfur, to create a condition of instability which would reinforce the "need" for a dictatorship. Chad responded by allying itself with the native people of Darfur in hopes of destabilizing the Sudanese regime.

Imperialist intervention is not the answer--in fact, it's the conditions of debt slavery imposed on countries like Sudan and Chad by imperialism that create unavoidable ethnic and religious conflicts. I propose that the U.S. seek a long-term solution by immediately canceling Sudan's and Chad's foreign debts while seeking an end to China's support for Sudan as part of a comprehensive negotiated solution that resolves outstanding issues such as the U.S. military presence in Chinese territorial waters.

Forum List

Back