python eats woman...?

wow---kind of unbelievable--but it happened--yes
23-foot-long python swallows Indonesian woman whole

Well, you have to be careful with these kinds of stories. I have read plenty like this that did turn out to be hoaxes of some sort. I imagine that they could probably swallow a small woman or child though.
...my dad always said believe half of what you see and nothing about what you hear
...I usually skip reading stories like this of foreign countries because a lot of the local/US stories are full of garbage--so I know these foreign stories have even less value

Most of the time humans are going to be just too big for any snake to swallow whole without dying or choking. They do constrict and break the bones first so it makes it easier to swallow the prey, but we are pretty large prey for most snakes.

Most of the time humans are going to be just too big for any snake to swallow whole without dying or choking. They do constrict and break the bones first so it makes it easier to swallow the prey, but we are pretty large prey for most snakes.
...well, some Asians/etc are a lot smaller than Americans, and females less so
so, she might not have been that big
says here average female height Indonesia 4' 10'
US 5' 3'
plus the US has a lot ''fatter''/big bone body types compared to Asians/etc
I can definitely see this woman fitting in the snake easier than an American would
List of average human height worldwide - Wikipedia

...well, some Asians/etc are a lot smaller than Americans, and females less so
so, she might not have been that big
says here average female height Indonesia 4' 10'
US 5' 3'
plus the US has a lot ''fatter''/big bone body types compared to Asians/etc
I can definitely see this woman fitting in the snake easier than an American would
List of average human height worldwide - Wikipedia

I think a lot of 3rd world countries, where perhaps nutrition is poor, people don't grow as tall. Of course there are always just smaller people too. Depends on your genetics too.

Here in the US, we are a land of PLENTY obviously, judging by the sizes of some of our peeps! :D

Well, you have to be careful with these kinds of stories. I have read plenty like this that did turn out to be hoaxes of some sort. I imagine that they could probably swallow a small woman or child though.
I see I forgot to put a question mark in my OP-denoting ''true or not??''
I added one

Unfortunately, we may never know! :eusa_shifty:

Python once ate my brain ...

804290_94b5_3.jpg

I remember having reptile day at school when I was a kid. I was fascinated with the snakes. I got to hold a big one (it was probably as big as me - seriously), and it was smooth and soft and cool to the touch. They are pretty interesting animals. I've never really had a fear of snakes, except for maybe the poisonous ones. We don't have too many of those around my area though.

I remember having reptile day at school when I was a kid. I was fascinated with the snakes. I got to hold a big one (it was probably as big as me - seriously), and it was smooth and soft and cool to the touch. They are pretty interesting animals. I've never really had a fear of snakes, except for maybe the poisonous ones. We don't have too many of those around my area though.
fascinating how they can kill a human...they do not seem as ''ferocious''/powerful/etc as like a lion/gorilla/etc

I added one

Photo's of snakes blotted body and women after she is removed from the python can be found on youtube if you like seeing that kind of thing.

I added one

Photo's of snakes blotted body and women after she is removed from the python can be found on youtube if you like seeing that kind of thing.

I've seen those before too, and they turned out to be hoaxes. There was actually one where a man pretended to be dead next to the snake that they had cut open. Lol. He was covered in blood too. It sure looked real. You just can't be too sure what is real and what is not real in any case, so it is better to have a little skepticism when it comes to stories like this.

I don't think it is impossible though, so it could be real. That is why I said we may never really know.

I added one

I've seen those before too, and they turned out to be hoaxes. There was actually one where a man pretended to be dead next to the snake that they had cut open. Lol. He was covered in blood too. It sure looked real. You just can't be too sure what is real and what is not real in any case, so it is better to have a little skepticism when it comes to stories like this.

I don't think it is impossible though, so it could be real. That is why I said we may never really know.
I agree, but the photo of the blotted snake shown compared to the photo of the woman's body made the photo's and story seem believable.

I added one

makes for great horror movie material....

I added one

makes for great horror movie material....

that and the alligator stories

Forum List

Back