Pyrrhic victory

I'm with you.

It will be a Pyrrhic victory - but a very costly one for all of us.

That is the definition of tonight's vote.

When the Dems pass this, it will be a pyrrhic victory, they will have won the battle and lost the war.

Don't think so?

Watch and see.

The Democrats will have won the battle

The People of the United States will have WON THE WAR

Great jobs by Obama, Pelosi and Reid and all those who voted for the bill

Your crowing is a tad premature.

Just sayin'.

I'm with you.

Keep watching....it may take a few years to defeat, but none of this garbage will ever be implemented. Its not scheduled to take effect until 2013 anyway, so lots of time to take it apart.

I'm with you.

Keep watching....it may take a few years to defeat, but none of this garbage will ever be implemented. Its not scheduled to take effect until 2013 anyway, so lots of time to take it apart.

i thought it was 2014....

people are dying, we need to pass this NOW

oh wait, we don't need it until at least 3 years

The folks who thought they were going to benefit from this are going to be so sick and disappointed. Taxes start tomorrow. Insurance in six years.

And such is the nature of the taxes, pink slips will start going out next week too.

That is the definition of tonight's vote.

When the Dems pass this, it will be a pyrrhic victory, they will have won the battle and lost the war.

Don't think so?

Watch and see.

The Democrats will have won the battle

The People of the United States will have WON THE WAR

Great jobs by Obama, Pelosi and Reid and all those who voted for the bill

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is what they won.

Continued support of a few idealogs.

Better to have a Few supporters than to have None.

The only thing bi-partisan about this bill is the opposition to it:
Democrats Say The Bill “Dramatically” Cuts Medicare, Will “Increase The Deficit,” Has “Explosive Costs,” “Skyrocketing Premiums,” And “Raising Taxes”

CUTS MEDICARE

REP. LARRY KISSELL (D-NC): "I Made A Promise And Commitment That I Would Look Out For Medicare, And I'm Doing That…The Method Of Funding Makes It Impossible For Me To Change My Vote On That Bill." (“Kissell Faces Pressure On Health Care,” Charlotte Observer, 03/03/10)

REP. JASON ALTMIRE (D-PA): "Particularly Hard Hit Would Be Western Pennsylvania’s Medicare Beneficiaries, Which Many Experts Believe Would Experience Dramatic Premium Increases With Enactment Of This Bill.” (Rep. Jason Altmire, Statement, 3/19/10)

INCREASES THE DEFICIT

REP. FRANK KRATOVIL (D-MD): “The bill’s overall price tag of $1.07 trillion is above the target set by democratic leadership earlier in the debate, even after cutting the $208 billion “doctor fix” out from previous versions of reform legislation. When this additional cost is added to this bill, the congressional budget office has stated that the package would increase deficit by $59 billion in the next 10 years.” (“Kratovil: “No On Health Care,” Baltimore Sun, 03/21/10)

REP. CHET EDWARDS (D-TX): “At a time of massive federal deficits, I believe these bills could make those deficits worse.” (Rep. Chet Edwards, Statement, 3/10)

REP. TRAVIS CHILDERS (D-MS): “I have reviewed the bill and I remain deeply concerned about the legislation’s large price tag and the absence of sufficiently strong language to prohibit federal funding of abortion. (Rep. Travis Childers, Statement, 3/18/10)

REP. ARTUR DAVIS (D-AL): “[A] comprehensive, 2000 page, near one trillion dollar overhaul of the healthcare system is just too cumbersome and too costly in a time of trillion dollar deficits.” (Rep. Artur Davis, Statement, 3/11/10)

EXPLOSIVE COSTS

REP. MICHAEL ARCURI (D-NY): “The health care package expected to be voted on in the coming days doesn't do enough to keep health care costs in check.” (Rep. Michael Arcuri, Statement, 3/18/10)

REP. JOHN BARROW (D-GA): “It puts too much of the burden of paying for it on working folks who are already being overcharged, and that’s not fair.”(Rep. John Barrow, Statement, 3/10)

REP. JOHN ADLER (D- NJ): “The final health care reform bill does not do enough to make health care affordable for middle-class families, small businesses, seniors and taxpayers.” (Rep. John Adler, Statement, 3/19/10)

REP. BOBBY BRIGHT (D-AL): “I simply believe we cannot afford the massive cost associated with these proposals, especially while our fragile economy continues to recover.” (Rep. Bobby Bright, Statement, 3/02/10)

REP. JIM MARSHALL (D-GA): “People are very concerned about cost; I’m concerned about cost. If you just do more of the same, which is largely what this does, more third party pay, that’s basically what the problem is here, then you’re going to get continued explosive costs.” (“Blue Dog Democrat says Obama health-care plan will bankrupt country,” The Daily Caller, 03/05/10)

REP. WALT MINNICK (D-ID): "I appreciate the thoughts of thousands of Idahoans on both sides of this issue. Although I plan to vote against the bill tomorrow due to serious concerns about costs, I sincerely hope that we can soon come together as a nation on the other important issues of the day." (“Idaho representatives ready for health care reform vote,” Idaho News Channel 7, 03/20/10)

REP. JOHN TANNER (D-TN): “I am unconvinced that the long-term trend of rising health care costs is adequately addressed and am therefore unable to support the legislation.” (Rep. John Tanner, Statement, 3/21/10)

REP. GLENN NYE (D-VA): “I am not convinced it will effectively reduce the cost of health care for families and small businesses.” (First-term Democrat Nye voting against health care bill,” Virginian Pilot, 03/21/10)

SKYROCKETING PREMIUMS

REP. MIKE McINTYRE (D-NC): “Health care reform is needed, but the bill before us is too expensive, does not adequately address rising medical costs and skyrocketing insurance premiums, and tries to do too much too soon. (Press Release, 03/19/10)

REP. JIM MATHESON (D-UT): “I am saddened that the year-long debate on health reform has resulted in legislation that is too expensive, contains too many special deals, does not contain health care costs and will result in increases in health insurance premiums and therefore I will vote against the legislation.” (Press Release, 03/20/10)

RAISES TAXES

REP. DAN BOREN (D-OK): “[T]here is no chance I am voting for this bill because it raises taxes on businesses, creates job-killing mandates, grows the size of government, and cuts services to seniors.” (Rep. Dan Boren, Statement, 2/24/10)

REP. ZACK SPACE (D-OH): "They are opening the door to taxing employee benefits as income, which is going to create, I don’t care how you slice it, a hardship for middle class families that they can’t afford to endure right now." (“Rep. Zack Space to vote against health care bill,” Cleveland Plain Dealer, 03/20/10)
Democrats are about to commit political suicide for a bill that will never be enacted.

I'm with you.

Most of the reforms take effect immediately.

The folks who thought they were going to benefit from this are going to be so sick and disappointed. Taxes start tomorrow. Insurance in six years.

And such is the nature of the taxes, pink slips will start going out next week too.

Not true.

What starts immedeately

Bans insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions
Bans annual and lifetime caps on coverage
Allows parents to add children to their policy up to age 26

:clap2:

Not true.

What starts immedeately

awesome----I can see the price of premiums just dropping like a rock for those who already have it

I'm with you.

The final parts are that far out. You will see coops being set up this summer.

Gang, the GOP needs to be positive, and see where we can replace public with private incentivization. Repeal is not an option. We can no longer be the party of "no."

We have to get the centrists back on board and no longer allow the far right to paint us into a corner.

Not true.

What starts immedeately

awesome----I can see the price of premiums just dropping like a rock for those who already have it

:confused::confused::confused:

Shit.

:mad:

Not true.

What starts immedeately

That is going to result in higher rates because insurance companies must sign everyone up so the healthy now are going to pay for the extremely sick in their insurance rates. I expect the rates to quadruple.

Gee, what are we going to do without the public option. Wait...you didn't get that...:lol:

The country keeps moving further to the left, so I don't see how any war is being lost. Heck, even under Bush and a Republican Congress they gave us the $400 billion Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act and something like $20 billion per year for the No Child Left Behind program.

Seems like we're about to loss the country as it is being run like a household that uses its MasterCard to pay off Visa one month and Visa to pay off MasterCard the next. We put in the Democrats who tax-and-spend and replace them with Republican who reduce-taxes-and-still-spend.

I wish I could have voted for Ron Paul last election.

Last edited:
A few things I've heard during the debates.

TRICARE which for those of you who don't know is the Military's health Care insurance will be taken away from the DOD.

Another Representative made certain that everyone knew that 37 states were working on legislation to fight this measure. And that 2 states had already passed laws to sue the USA.

A Rep fro Georgia said he was running for Governor of that fine state, and that if this passed he would spend his time making sure no citizen of Georgia had to live under it;s measures..

A Democrat Rep just claimed this Bill will create 400,000 jobs....... Is he on the right Bill?

I do truly hope this fails.

Forum List

Back