puzzling George Washington item

I would have it authenticated b4 purchase 'lest you pay too much for it. You-know-who (the chinese) are good at forgeries ;)

Yes they are! hehe

I've actually already purchased this item, and can see that it's ivory and early so that's not a problem. It's just that date of 1770 that has me wondering, and thinking if it might even have been owned by him. That'd be something huh? :)

Did you get any documentation with it?

I would have it authenticated b4 purchase 'lest you pay too much for it. You-know-who (the chinese) are good at forgeries ;)

Yes they are! hehe

I've actually already purchased this item, and can see that it's ivory and early so that's not a problem. It's just that date of 1770 that has me wondering, and thinking if it might even have been owned by him. That'd be something huh? :)

Did you get any documentation with it?

none

Have you got any answers from the George Washington forum?

I've Googled and Googled to no avail, but I saw you also posted there. Just curious.

Yes they are! hehe

Washington was a Surveyor & Mapmaker.
this is what he was doing in 1770;
In the fall of 1770 Washington, Crawford, and a fellow veteran named Dr. James Craik set out from Fort Pitt by canoe to explore possible sites for the bounty lands, making notes and observations as they journeyed to the junction of the Ohio and Great Kanawha Rivers and several miles up the Great Kanawha.

Washington was a Surveyor & Mapmaker.
this is what he was doing in 1770;
In the fall of 1770 Washington, Crawford, and a fellow veteran named Dr. James Craik set out from Fort Pitt by canoe to explore possible sites for the bounty lands, making notes and observations as they journeyed to the junction of the Ohio and Great Kanawha Rivers and several miles up the Great Kanawha.

Thanks for this, it's the kind of thing I was looking for.

Have you got any answers from the George Washington forum?

I've Googled and Googled to no avail, but I saw you also posted there. Just curious.

No answer from that forum yet, and it's the only place I've found other than this one so far.

I've done the same on the googling, there's not much about that year in his life.

Forum List

Back