Puyallup, WA takes Halloween from the kids

-=d=- said:
call me and I'll pronounce it over the phone :)

:)

Why am I suddenly getting a flash of the scene in the movie "It" where the clown is coaxing the kids... "c'mere kids.. I'll give ya a balloon".

Lemme guess... local police station? :D

lilcountriegal said:
With your animosity towards parents and children, I sure the hell hope you run to the local hospital and have your tubes cut, tied, and cauterized because I sure as hell would feel sorry for any offspring that you bear.

A Halloween party for children is not special consideration... its an act of kindness. You might want to try it sometime.

We made the CHOICE not to have children, so dont you worry about that....(I might just add that everyone would tell us that we were exactly the kind of people that would be good parents aint that a laugh ) I would rather the schools provide your children with an education and you provide them with party.

sagegirl said:
We made the CHOICE not to have children, so dont you worry about that....(I might just add that everyone would tell us that we were exactly the kind of people that would be good parents aint that a laugh ) I would rather the schools provide your children with an education and you provide them with party.

Well, let me formally be the first to tell you that you would NOT make a good parent. Just by celebrating Halloween and letting the children dress up for a short period of time does not mean that they are being neglected in the education department. Dont confuse one with the other.

sagegirl said:

Praise be to Allah you are child-less.

:)

yeesh... everyone go home and get laid/plastered right now, the putdowns in here are getting more vicious than nip/tuck or my ship

about taking halloween from the kids, i agree with the posters who said they could understand for the first two reasons, but not for the last one. i wholeheartedly agree.

two solutions to the first two reasons though if i may

1) how about gutting these damn foolish standardized kids that are ruining education? how about letting the teachers just teach and the kids just learn? how about allowing some flexibility and creativity in the schedule so you can have halloween and other holiday celebrations and field trips and what not... i've heard from friends who have kids in school districts that don't allow field trips anymore (because they waste "valuable" classroom time, or more accurately, they waste time the teachers (under threat of suspension/firing) have to spend "teaching" the tests these kids have to memorize rather than learn)

2) how about neighbors looking out for other neighbors? where's the sense of community here? helping your son/daughter's impoverished school buddy get a costume/make a costume/have fun shouldn't require a long thought process. (its not like you're raising the kid full time or buying him a 100 dollar toy) it should be damn near automatic, up there in the vein like you hug a kid when they do well and you take care of them when they're sick.

Once again, this is another example of libs pandering to the minority and not the majority..

Sesiously... HOW MANY WICKENS does anyone here know?

NATO AIR said:
i award you "best putdown/zinger" that was nip/tuck quality, everyone in my shop agrees...

i apologize for just quoting you... its really a lot of people (myself included more than likely), your putdown was just the one that struck me most...

...but I didn't put anyone down. (shrug) The lady doesn't 'have' kids...i suggested thanks God (Allah) she is in fact childless; she gets what she wants and doesn't have to go thru the uncomfortable situation of being forced to realize her current views are wrong.

Your shop may have some thin-skinned people. ;)

-=d=- said:
...but I didn't put anyone down. (shrug) The lady doesn't 'have' kids...i suggested thanks God (Allah) she is in fact childless; she gets what she wants and doesn't have to go thru the uncomfortable situation of being forced to realize her current views are wrong.

Your shop may have some thin-skinned people. ;)

its fixed

not thin-skinned, easily entertained and enthralled

"Medical, we're the STD people"

Since Darin's explanation was the size of a small Army Regulation, let's try this again:

Puy - all - up

Puy = Pew (like what you sit on at church)

Al = Al. Like Al Bundy from Married With Children. (alternate: all, like everything)

Up = up. Like not down.

Pew - al - up.

Puyallup.

I've come to a conclusin although not well thought out or said, This is where the Government is taking the fun out of everything. Trying to make everything black and white(no pun intended). Yet the world isn't the world is full of color now when we are zombies having a "normal" life we'll wonder what went wrong? Oh well they can never take trick or treating away from us, and shame on those who don't hand out candy!

Forum List

Back