Putting together Toys!!

Is like a stress test!
I am putting together a play kitchen right now, and I think I should of taken a valium and got an engineering degree before doing so. :redface:

FIRST lay out the parts and check it against the list of parts.
SECOND make sure you have ALL the tools necessary.
THIRD read ALL of the instructions front to back.

Take these three steps FIRST and your chances success are VASTLY improved.

Far better to get a toy that the kids makes.

My favorite toys evah were a Kenner construction set (Red plastic girders and beams that snapped together) and a radio shack electricity experiment kit.

Something where the kid can take the lead, and you can do it together is what the kid will remember 40 years on and be grateful for.

(My kids loved the Knex stuff. We had fun building kenx solar powered amusement park rides)

Started with Duplos, went to Legos, then Knex. My dad found them an old tyme erector set, that was great. They still have all except the Duplos. LOL!

I got a science set as a child, I don't think the lawyers would let that fly now a days. It had CHEMICALS in it. Buy something like that for you kid now a days and you will come home to find a functional METH lab in your house. LOL!

OMSI sold a make your own power cell kit. It came with a package of lemon juice you added to a bottle of water, a green diode and a zinc and copper metal strip. You attached the wires to the diode to the correct strip and put the lemon juice into your water bottle, and the diode turned on!

All of us went "cool!"

The package of lemon juice had a warning label on it. "Danger! Acid. Don't let contents into your eye!"

Safety is good, but you have to wonder about the kind of personality they write warning labels for.

BTW, what is kind of amazing is that the light turned on even without the lemon juice.

We tried lime juice too.

Is like a stress test!
I am putting together a play kitchen right now, and I think I should of taken a valium and got an engineering degree before doing so. :redface:

You can get an engineering degree online in about an hour or two. Try that first.

I think I should get a honorary one now, I got the thing together.:lol:

Last edited:
If my experience is anything to go by, the kid ignored it and spent the afternoon making a game from the cardboard box.

Very true! His favorite toys are the duster, and the broom. :lol:

He was so excited to play with it this morning, he threw a fit when he had to eat breakfast. With him being a boy, he hates to miss a meal.:razz:

He was so excited to play with it this morning, he threw a fit when he had to eat breakfast. With him being a boy, he hates to miss a meal.:razz:

I assume to show his future girlfriend how to use it correctly. :cool:

And good for him, he's a growing boy. :lol:

So, did the kid survive playing with it?

He almost didn't survive after spitting milk all over it, the damn thing took me four hours to put together. Someone ended up in timeout after that. ;)

I have never put anything together that came in so many pieces, I almost petitioned to become a union member.

I assume to show his future girlfriend how to use it correctly. :cool:

And good for him, he's a growing boy. :lol:

:eusa_shhh: The kid loves to clean, he also likes the vacuum and to water plants. ;)

Putting together toys.
(Gunny style)

Reassembling_a_50_cal.jpg

Forum List

Back