Problem is, it's probably a true tale. I got this in an email from a teacher friend. Number One Idiot of 2004 A woman called the Emergency Poison Center very upset because she caught her little daughter eating ants. She was quickly reassured that ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring her daughter into the hospital. She calmed down and at the end of the conversation and happened to mention that she gave her daughter some ant poison to eat in order to kill the ants. She was told that she better bring her daughter into the emergency room right away.