Putting GPS Chips In Children & Teens

Status
Not open for further replies.
If parents want to buy GPS monitoring for their kids and keep it on them in someplace inconspicous, thats fine. But not a requirement.

If that's what parents want to do, then they should be referred for psychiatric evaluation. :eek:

And to have their kids taken away from them.

They should undergo a psychological evaluation for wanting to know where their kids, whom they are legally responsible for, are at all times.

They should have their kids taken away for being protective parents.

You guys are nuts.

I dont know... i Could imagine the bottom being lower. But then that bottom usually involves totalitarian governments and mass murder.... so we wouldnt be too far from it.

Well, I'm not going to argue that.

People probably would be surprised how much they are tracked already. I remember one of my friends saying that America was so completely free, unlike Germany (I described living there for a year to him) where you have to register in the local Rathaus (townhall) when you move in.

He was flabbergasted when my dad told him that he has to, by law, report to the local township who is living in his rental properties every 3 months, filling out a long form when changes do occur and reporting every last person.

But the most invasive tracking usually occurs with corporations rather than the Government here. Not that the two don't seem to be in competition.

I was on another forum, the official Star Wars: The Old Republic forum of all places, where someone made a thread make a ridiculous claim that at birth all people should be forced to have a GPS tracking chip inserted into their brain. His argument was that it would help stop abductions and kidnappings. He also said it would help stop teen sex, drug & alcohol abuse, breaking curfew, and other acts of civil disobedience. The entire community, save for Geshalt (another user) and the OP, then told him how horrible of an idea it was. People cited references to totalitarian government, human rights violations, how such a thing could be abused by the government/abusive parents/pedophiles who figure out how to track kids and teenagers.

People also said how it's like treating human beings like cattle. Some users said that it should be allowed up until they turn 13 and then it should be removed, and other users said that if you need a GPS locator to keep your children safe, then you shouldn't have kids. Personally I'm against such a thing, it's a very slippery slope after all, and I while I'm not a minor, I probably would have killed myself as a teenager if my parents and/or the government could figure out my exact location at any given time. I sarcastically told the OP that he might as well have thought police while he was at it. So, what do you think of this?

A few years ago there was a movie released called "Gattica". Google it....Sounds like that.
Your cell phone basically does this without an implant. All mobile phine devices have GPS capability which the use cannot disable.
I can go on any number of pay sites and find out just about anything I want about anyone.
I can track their whereabouts if I can get a phone number, or debit/check card number.
We're already on the radar. Privacy is an illusion.

What a dumb idea, who thought of this, the chip maker. I know that we have parents who don't want to be involved with their kids but give me a break a gps chip. I you want to track something, how about phones so we can stop texting and driving. As a young teenage my parents did not need to know where I was all the time and if they did it wouldn't have made any difference. I know a young man living alone in an apartment because his parent lives with a boy friend and he uses and sells drugs at this apartment, what good would the gps do.

this is an insane idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to have their kids taken away from them.

They should undergo a psychological evaluation for wanting to know where their kids, whom they are legally responsible for, are at all times.

They should have their kids taken away for being overprotective parents.

You guys are nuts.

Yes, that is what I meant by nuts. Most people know what that word means without the in depth explanation that you provided, but I'm sure people similar to your self appreciate the illustration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back