Putting Em On The Spot: Trump Tells Congress Don't Leave For Recess Until Healthcare Bill Is Passed

Nice try by Trump, but they're only concerned about their lavish Vacation plans. Our Congress is a miserable disgrace. They're living the life of Royalty. And it isn't gonna change until we scrap this corrupt Two-Party System.

As President under the Constitution he has the right to adjourn them.
Means if he does they can't leave for vacation.

He's such an idiot.

First, he celebrates nothing.

Then he says its mean.

Now he's so desperate for something, ANYTHING to sign, just do he can finally pass something.

If you listened today, he still doesn't know. The damn jerk is still campaigning and the RWNJs are so invested in helping him cut off their noses, their heads just keep bobbing up and down.

ObamaCares is here to stay and the Rs will continue to sabotage it.

Because, as we all know, they care nothing about their own country and care only about being able to blame President Obama and the Dems.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

"Trump said a replacement for “Obamacare” will be offered with the confirmation of his health secretary."

NO FUCKING GOLFING UNTIL HE FULFILLS THAT PROMISE.
Unlike Obama, the Trumpenfuhrer excels at multitasking. He can get the job done.
By his weight gain he can add eating as part of multi tasking also..

Since Donnie Two Scoops still hasn't actually accomplished anything of import, I'm pretty sure StupidSteve meant eating and twitting at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I do not believe the President has the power to prevent Congress from adjourning and leaving town. He can call them back into session under extraordinary occasions, like a war, 9/11, serious stuff like that. Failure to repeal and replace the ACA doesn't cut it, IMHO if he did order them to come back into session they might tell him to go to hell and I would suspect the SCOTUS would side with Congress. Or they might send one guy for each chamber to call the House or Senate to order for a minute each day and then adjourn for the day. Whatever, Trump would become the most unpopular president with Congress since Andrew Johnson. It ain't going to happen folks.

I do not believe the President has the power to prevent Congress from adjourning and leaving town. He can call them back into session under extraordinary occasions, like a war, 9/11, serious stuff like that. Failure to repeal and replace the ACA doesn't cut it, IMHO if he did order them to come back into session they might tell him to go to hell and I would suspect the SCOTUS would side with Congress. Or they might send one guy for each chamber to call the House or Senate to order for a minute each day and then adjourn for the day. Whatever, Trump would become the most unpopular president with Congress since Andrew Johnson. It ain't going to happen folks.

He can convene them or hold them in session, or call special sessions as he chooses, that is WHAT EXECUTIVE means. He is the executive authority. They can also refuse to do anything but drink tea and coffee till he releases them if he holds them and they do not want to stay. They don't give a shit about him or the people who sent them there, or there would already have been something on his desk for him to sign. The way to stop the shit is to pen an executive order stating they will lose all of their benefits PERMANENETLY if they don't put REAL legitimate bills on his desk for all of the things they have promised the American People for the last eight years by the end of the year. It is not HIS failure it is THEIRS!! The idea would be for a lone wolf to run against all of the REPUBLICAN NO TRUMP holdouts and detractors and beat them, come to DC and sweep the dimshits out the door by just closing the door and letting them stew and lie. WE need some real Republican hardasses to take about ten seats from republican chicken shits, and about 24 more to take dimshit Senate seats. Then we need a few more Republican constitutionalist Reps to make a 67% and a 77 % Senate. Change federal election laws to one state one vote. Change federal election law to require complete voter registration rolls separate from state rolls, and require running tallies from each state as the votes are cast. each voter will have a card to access the machine and it will record the vote on a anonymous tally.

Article II

Section 3.
He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States.

He can convene them or hold them in session, or call special sessions as he chooses, that is WHAT EXECUTIVE means.
Read the Constitution. The President can only convene one or both Houses "on extraordinary occasions".

He can convene them or hold them in session, or call special sessions as he chooses, that is WHAT EXECUTIVE means.
Read the Constitution. The President can only convene one or both Houses "on extraordinary occasions".

Nope he can do both.
See post #30

Look at Trump's promises:
"Better cover, cheaper, no-one left out, no cuts to Medicaid..."

6 promises Trump has made about health care

Typical flim-flam from a shyster. No wonder no-one likes it, the Repub Senators who will be dumped by the electorate know he'll never deliver.
30988cfd91d24597e22f8c27a866d9fd.jpg
The CBO report was disastrous.

Trump has tweeted -- Let Obamacare die; the Dems will come crawling to us to fix it.
Just repeal it and we'll replace it later.
No one goes home until we repeal and replace Obamacare.

This is all in less than a week. He doesn't know what the fuck he wants. He changes his mind with every person who talks to him about it, I guess, or every Fox commentator he hears. The senators, however, know EXACTLY what would happen if they enact a healthcare bill that would immediately mean 17,000,000 people losing healthcare. I don't think they're talking about all young healthy people who choose to stop buying health insurance once the mandate is gone.
The CBO also said the insurance market would grow worse and worse and premiums will double.
The CBO may not be perfect, but it's the closest thing we've got to a predictor. It has to be better than this.
Bottom line.

...wait...I thought snowflakes said Trump wasn't doing anything about Congress failing to do their job. You mean ... snowflakes were WRONG? Tell me it ain't so... :p

He can convene them or hold them in session, or call special sessions as he chooses, that is WHAT EXECUTIVE means. He is the executive authority. They can also refuse to do anything but drink tea and coffee till he releases them if he holds them and they do not want to stay. They don't give a shit about him or the people who sent them there, or there would already have been something on his desk for him to sign. The way to stop the shit is to pen an executive order stating they will lose all of their benefits PERMANENETLY if they don't put REAL legitimate bills on his desk for all of the things they have promised the American People for the last eight years by the end of the year. It is not HIS failure it is THEIRS!! The idea would be for a lone wolf to run against all of the REPUBLICAN NO TRUMP holdouts and detractors and beat them, come to DC and sweep the dimshits out the door by just closing the door and letting them stew and lie. WE need some real Republican hardasses to take about ten seats from republican chicken shits, and about 24 more to take dimshit Senate seats. Then we need a few more Republican constitutionalist Reps to make a 67% and a 77 % Senate. Change federal election laws to one state one vote. Change federal election law to require complete voter registration rolls separate from state rolls, and require running tallies from each state as the votes are cast. each voter will have a card to access the machine and it will record the vote on a anonymous tally.
This is not about giving the President something to sign, and thank goodness a few Republican senators are aware of it. It is supposed to be about fixing the problems with Obamacare. This bill, according to the CBO, won't do that. It will make things worse. Trump just wants a "win." Fortunately the senators ARE thinking about what's best for the people. Trumpcare ain't it.

This is not about giving the President something to sign, and thank goodness a few Republican senators are aware of it. It is supposed to be about fixing the problems with Obamacare. This bill, according to the CBO, won't do that. It will make things worse. Trump just wants a "win." Fortunately the senators ARE thinking about what's best for the people. Trumpcare ain't it.

No Repub ran on fixing it.
It's about repealing it, we will see if McConnell does what he said ,and bring it back up. :(
People want a health bill that's good for them.
Not the one that was shoved down our throats.

Article II

Section 3.
He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States.

The Constitution clearly says the President can convene them on "extraordinary occasions", but it does not say he can keep them in session. The "adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper" might apply only to those "extraordinary occasions" where he convened them in the 1st place. "Adjourn" means he tells them to close up shop and go home, but I'm thinking if they decide to adjourn before that without his permission they are free to do so. Don't know that any of this has ever been done, I'm betting that the Separation of Powers clause would be interpreted by the SCOTUS to mean the President cannot order Congress to stay in session under any circumstances. Likewise I highly doubt the SCOTUS would accept the failure to repeal and replace the ACA would qualify as an "extraordinary occasion".

Forum List

Back