Putin Jacks Patriots Owner's Superbowl ring!

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/29/putin.ring.ap/index.html

BOSTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin walked off with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's diamond-encrusted 2005 Super Bowl ring, but was it a generous gift or a very expensive international misunderstanding?

Following a meeting of American business executives and Putin at Konstantinovsky Palace near St. Petersburg on Saturday, Kraft showed the ring to Putin -- who tried it on, put it in his pocket and left, according to Russian news reports.

more at link....

And this is important to anyone but Patriots fans ...... why?

Gabriella84 said:

Gee, I don't know. Maybe because the U.S. and the Soviet Union spent fifty years glaring at each other across the table at a poker game in which the stakes were nuclear annihilation. Maybe because Putin is making noises like a hard-line communist totalitarian. Maybe because relations between ourselves and the Russians will surely loom large in the very near future. I can see where odd little stories about our differences might be of interest to some.

Perhaps if the story had suggested that Putin made off with the entire cow set aside for Michael Moore's afternoon snack, you'd have found it more to your liking.

In any case, if a thread doesn't particularly interest you, why not just....I don't know...

"Move on"??!!

Gabriella84 said:

So Gabriella do you have anything worth 5 large and a lot of meaning that I can boost and it won't be no big deal?

Gabriella84 said:

Personally I thought it was freaking hilarious. The President of a Nation simply jacking the hell out of a Superbowl Ring.

thought and just pocketed the ring. Hope we don't offer him anything major in upcoming talks. And next time he's at the White House be sure to count the silver after dinner. Friggin' hilarious...

ThomasPaine said:
thought and just pocketed the ring. Hope we don't offer him anything major in upcoming talks. And next time he's at the White House be sure to count the silver after dinner. Friggin' hilarious...

Well, let's not judge him too unfairly. After all, we're talking about a foreign dignitary who deserves the benefit of the doubt, not,,,,THE CLINTONS!

musicman said:
Well, let's not judge him too unfairly. After all, we're talking about a foreign dignitary who deserves the benefit of the doubt, not,,,,THE CLINTONS!

ROTFLMAO!!!! :teeth:

I think Putin IS kinda the Russian version of Slick Willie. "Klintolov", maybe. :D :D :D

Gabriella84 said:

It was important enough to you for you to bother opening your trap. :)

TheEnemyWithin said:
ROTFLMAO!!!! :teeth:

I think Putin IS kinda the Russian version of Slick Willie. "Klintolov", maybe. :D :D :D

Dang, I just rep'd ya a bit ago! :thup:

Putin can have the Super Bowl ring and Tom Brady for all I care. :banana2:

Gabriella84 said:
Putin can have the Super Bowl ring and Tom Brady for all I care. :banana2:

And yet you keep posting...

AND you know the Patriots' starting QB by name...

How do you think New England should go about addressing their depth problems in the defensive secondary?

Oh, that's right - you don't care...

Most women my age know who Tom Brady is. Not only is he one of the most famous athletes in the nation, but a huge hottie as well.

Gabriella84 said:
Most women my age know who Tom Brady is. Not only is he one of the most famous athletes in the nation, but a huge hottie as well.

Easy, Gabriella. Remember - you don't care!

Forum List

Back