PUTIN IS FUNDING GREEN GROUPS TO DISCREDIT NATURAL GAS FRACKING

NY has so badly limited pipeline capacity in the North East
Great! Amazingly!, NY has managed to completely block the fracking industry. An epic win so far for NYers! Many can still drink their tap water as a result. Imagine, tastes good, doesn't even catch fire! And no earthquake upsurge. No spilling sludge ponds to kill all the fish. No sudden drop in real estate values. No failures to pay landowners the promised and contracted obligations in the long term, etc, etc, etc.. Just stop. Natural gas is just another fossil fuel. Beats piping Canadian sludge through our country to keep the Koch's two expensive refineries busy in the Gulf or going to war over it with Venezuela, but no long term solution whatsoever. Just produces more CO2 warming. Not renewable in the least.
I'm a big fan of CO2. In fact, there isn't a single living molecule that wasn't previously a molecule of CO2.

I'm a big fan of CO2. In fact, there isn't a single living molecule that wasn't previously a molecule of CO2.
Funny, I'm a big fan of living molecules. Sad so many more will likely die now because regurgitating long worn out Koch Bros talking points seems the limit of your imagination, desire, and ability. But again, very little actually hinges upon yours or my peccadilloes. Thankfully, nobody really cares what we're a fan of. Nor should they.

Earth's natural processes convert CO2 to life as warmth and water permits.
LOL!
Plants and photosynthetic algae and bacteria use energy from sunlight to combine carbon dioxide (C02) from the atmosphere with water (H2O) to form carbohydrates. These carbohydrates store energy. Oxygen (O2) is a byproduct that is released into the atmosphere. This process is known as photosynthesis.

carbon dioxide + water + sunlight -> carbohydrate + oxygen
CO2 + H2O + sunlight -> CH2O + O2
CH2O is actually the formula for formaldehyde. Not "life", ha ha! But that's the predictable cost of oversimplification. In reality (natural photosynthesis), glucose is most readily produced + oxygen. The other half of the entire process (the carbon cycle), the part you deniers always so conveniently forget, is called respiration. It uses up the oxygen and returns the CO2 + water to the atmosphere, yielding living energy equal to the sunlight captured in the first place. Sunlight is energy. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. Too much in the atmosphere therefore simply becomes a pollutant, destroying all evolved / complex forms of life such as ourselves. Notice the record disappearance of species.

Earth's natural processes convert CO2 to life as warmth and water permits.
Plants and photosynthetic algae and bacteria use energy from sunlight to combine carbon dioxide (C02) from the atmosphere with water (H2O) to form carbohydrates. These carbohydrates store energy. Oxygen (O2) is a byproduct that is released into the atmosphere. This process is known as photosynthesis.

carbon dioxide + water + sunlight -> carbohydrate + oxygen
CO2 + H2O + sunlight -> CH2O + O2
...Too much in the atmosphere therefore simply becomes a pollutant, destroying all evolved / complex forms of life such as ourselves. Notice the record disappearance of species.
First, I understood their point, as did you, carbohydrates (C6H12O6) + O2.

As for rising CO2 "becoming a poison", CO2's natural range has a much higher ceiling than today's 0.04%. Levels are only so low currently because we are in an ice age and temperatures are cool. CO2 is not a poison, it's the foundation of life.

As for rising CO2 "becoming a poison"
You wanna correct that obvious misquote or remain a verifiably shameless liar?
CO2's natural range has a much higher ceiling than today's 0.04%.
"Natural" meaning life (as we know it) sustaining? Better check your human ancestry.. And who cares about some ridiculous "CO2 natural range" or "ceiling"? Oh, I know! The James Watt Denier Institute of Fabricated Science and Low Hanging Fruit Manipulation! That's who, Duheee!
Levels are only so low currently because we are in an ice age and temperatures are cool.
We should be entering an ice age, but we've extracted and burned so much fossil fuel recently that we're quickly warming now instead. But, ha ha! Shoot, you knew that already too.. Like so many others here. Die hard fossil fuel investors / propagandists / deniers, working your little tails off, desperately reposting long refuted crapola daily for short term financial gain, apparently caring about the futures of our children and their children.. very little, if at all. Shame on the lot of you.
CO2 is not a poison, it's the foundation of life.
Science denier platitudes are as useful as a platypi with sleepy eye.

As for rising CO2 "becoming a poison"
You wanna correct that obvious misquote or remain a verifiably shameless liar?...
You are the one that mistakenly described CO2 as a "poison", I merely corrected your error.
CO2's natural range has a much higher ceiling than today's 0.04%.
"Natural" meaning life (as we know it) sustaining?
Natural as in the natural range of CO2. During warm earth conditions, when the carbon cycle is in full swing, converting CO2 into living cells, CO2 levels are 5 TIMES higher than today, which still isn't much, only one fifth of one percent.
...who cares about some ridiculous "CO2 natural range" or "ceiling"?
You are the one claiming that today's levels are "high" when actually they quite low, or, about where they should be, during an ice-age, at this point of an interglacial.
Levels are only so low currently because we are in an ice age and temperatures are cool.
We should be entering an ice age...
We are in an ice-age, but have the great fortune of being in an inter-glacial period of an ice-age. But you want to go into a glacial advance? Do you realize how much life dies when the planet cools, CO2 levels fall and the carbon cycle falters? Have you ever noticed how nicely the medieval plagues lined up with the Little Ice Age, when Europe depopulated for 3 centuries? But, some de-growthers view that as a feature, not a bug.
...but we've extracted and burned so much fossil fuel recently that we're quickly warming now instead...
Well, we are warmer than 20,000 years ago, during the last glacial advance when Chicago was under a mile of ice, but cooler than the Holocene Climate Optimum that was 9,000 to 5,000 years.

Last edited:
You are the one that mistakenly described CO2 as a "poison", I merely corrected your error.
Shameless liar doubles down on shameless lie. Big surprise.
Natural as in the natural range of CO2.
So whenever logically challenged just continue with your made up meaningless babble.. whatever!
You are the one claiming that today's levels are "high" when actually they quite low, or, about where they should be, during an ice-age, at this point of an interglacial.
And yet another lie concocted by conflating with crapola straight from the Denier Institute of Make Believe. Truly shameless. Not to mention dumb.
We are in an ice-age, but have the great fortune of being in an inter-glacial period of an ice-age.
The ice core data, unlike you and your ilk, doesn't lie and simply make shit up. Like science? Consider using the actual, measured, widely reported, peer reviewed data and scientific analyses thereof!
some de-growthers
Oh my, look an insult from the Wall Street Banker's Defense Corps. They're calling others "elitist" - Ha!

Shameless liar doubles down on shameless lie. Big surprise....
It was your claim, I merely corrected you on it.
...peer reviewed ...
Yeah, like fake news they peddled away their credibility. If it can't be replicated it's worthless and
Most scientists 'can't replicate studies by their peers'
Science is facing a "reproducibility crisis" where more than two-thirds of researchers have tried and failed to reproduce another scientist's experiments.

So, that means two times out of three it's complete bullshit used as grant bait.

It was your claim, I merely corrected you on it.
You still arguing with yourself about something only you wrote and put into quotes? This is written communication, Einstein. What I said remains intact for any and all to see and verify.
If it can't be replicated it's worthless and
You rubes clearly have no credible counter studies or data to offer, let alone reproducible results, so simply deny and attack the results of unparalleled, prolonged adherence to scientific method with unprecedented peer consensus. You carnival barkers are a dime a dozen. Always fooling enough to keep the lights on, no doubt. But guess where that always leaves you? Surrounded by no one but fools.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back