Putin eyeing Finland!?

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
I figured this had to be satire, but too many places are saying the same.

This article claims it is fearmongering by the States.

“Russia gave independence to Finland in 1917 but this was an act of treason against national interests. Since Finland is not a member of NATO, Russia will have an easier ‘work’ in reclaiming the territory,” says Illarionov.

“The interview or ‘cheap’ Internet media do not mention of Illarionov’s background or his closeness to the U.S. government,” says Reino Paju from Helsinki Politics community.

My dad is first-gen Finn-American, his parents never bothered learning English. Hence my interest in if this story represents truth, or a plant.

Anyone who knows history knows how hard the Finns fought the communists right before ww2.

Is there anything that would go beyond what someone thinks Russia is doing into what Russia is actually doing?

"(FINNBAY) – Tampere, 30 March 2014. Andrei Illiaronov’s (a former advisor to Putin) latest claim of “Putin wanting to regain Finland” during an interview with a Swedish newspaper is seen as a scaremongering tactic against Finland by political experts in Helsinki."

WOW! History repeats itself. Stalin invaded Finland at the end of WWII to root out the Nazis. I saw an interested account on the Military Channel last night

Last edited:

“Russia gave independence to Finland in 1917 but this was an act of treason against national interests. Since Finland is not a member of NATO, Russia will have an easier ‘work’ in reclaiming the territory,” says Illarionov.

“The interview or ‘cheap’ Internet media do not mention of Illarionov’s background or his closeness to the U.S. government,” says Reino Paju from Helsinki Politics community.

My dad is first-gen Finn-American, his parents never bothered learning English. Hence my interest in if this story represents truth, or a plant.

Good luck...the Fins kicked Russia's butt just like Canada kicked our butt a few times. :D

Well, one thing, if Putin did decide to take Finland, he wouldn't have to worry about the Manchurian muslim....

In-His-Grasp.jpg

The Finns are a people much like those in Eastern Oregon. They don't take shit from anyone. When they found themselves allied by an accident of history with the Nazis in WW2, they did not accept the Nazis idiocy at all. A Nazi was sent to instruct the Finns on how to handle their Jewish problem. The Finn that was dealing with the Germans looked the asshole straight in the eye and said, "Touch the hair of one Finnish Citizen, and we will declare war on Germany". And he meant it.

They are more likely eyeing Israel, Boop.

Forum List

Back