Putin Calls the US a "Parasite" Over It's Debt

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin called the U.S. "a parasite" because of its huge debt load, evoking a term used by Soviet leaders to demonize people who didn't work, study or serve the Communist state.

In a speech Monday, Mr. Putin said Russia and other countries should seek new reserve currencies to hedge against "a systemic malfunction" in the U.S. Both Russia and China in the past have questioned the dollar's pre-eminence as a reserve currency and its role in international trade and investment.

Russia keeps almost half its reserves in dollar assets.

"The country is living in debt," Mr. Putin told a pro-Kremlin youth rally in central Russia. "It is not living within its means, shifting the weight of responsibility on other countries and in a way acting as a parasite." ...

Putin Calls U.S. a 'Parasite' Over Its Debt - WSJ.com

It might do wonders for American foreign policy, to significantly decrease the amount of money the foreign countries hold in the national debt.

Yes, let's follow that historical bastion of economic brilliance, Russia, instead.

:rolleyes:

Yes, let's follow that historical bastion of economic brilliance, Russia, instead.

:rolleyes:

Mr. Putin has stopped his country's sell-off initiated by the drunkard Jelzin.
One of his last acts in power was a law which heavily regulates/forbids foreign involvement in 35 key economic sectors.
FEDERAL LAW 57

He crushed all the Russian "Rockefeller" and "Wall Streeters" and put their wealth (especially in Resource sector) under State control, so Russian people can benefit from the income that is generated and participate in the modernization of Russia.

When it comes to stupid economic policy, Putin is the expert.

He does have choices if he chooses to use them. The Yen is stable, as is the pound. The Euro is kind of wobbly, but it is still functioning.

No rational person would use Rubles as an economic hedge. When Russia gets a functioning economy again, then we can talk about parasite economies.

When it comes to stupid economic policy, Putin is the expert.

He does have choices if he chooses to use them. The Yen is stable, as is the pound. The Euro is kind of wobbly, but it is still functioning.

No rational person would use Rubles as an economic hedge. When Russia gets a functioning economy again, then we can talk about parasite economies.
Run some numbers.............I know you can ! It's genetic !

Not only is Russia (in my opinion) territorially too big for its own good, it's also run by corporate gang-bangers, unemployed spies, gypsies and one of the most violent and oppressive militaries on the planet. So, on account of that, I think it's a bit rich for Putin (one of the shadiest characters in global politics, might I add) to label the US as a "parasite" with regards to its debt management. In short, its wanton, unchecked corruption is - unfortunately - a widely accepted hurdle of daily life in Russia.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin called the U.S. "a parasite" because of its huge debt load, evoking a term used by Soviet leaders to demonize people who didn't work, study or serve the Communist state.

In a speech Monday, Mr. Putin said Russia and other countries should seek new reserve currencies to hedge against "a systemic malfunction" in the U.S. Both Russia and China in the past have questioned the dollar's pre-eminence as a reserve currency and its role in international trade and investment.

"The country is living in debt," Mr. Putin told a pro-Kremlin youth rally in central Russia. "It is not living within its means, shifting the weight of responsibility on other countries and in a way acting as a parasite." ...

hes right to an extent, but I have a problem taking a guy who routinely kills his press seriously. and if it weren't for oil, Russia would be an even bigger suck hole than it is.

hes right to an extent, but I have a problem taking a guy who routinely kills his press seriously. and if it weren't for oil, Russia would be an even bigger suck hole than it is.

Russia has industry, but it is not competitive on international markets.
They have strategies to change that. Others have also the aim to diversify their export portfolio like the Gulf countries, but unlike Russia they don't have accumulated knowledge and experience of a manufacturing industry.

With the help of the ressource income Russia will achieve this transformation and will make companies competitive.
Good example is this one:
Sukhoi Superjet 100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US a Parasite?

Coming from a Russian commie rat that's rich...

Putin is a bitch ass punk.

The poorest Americans live better than 90% of Russians.

For all his faults, Putin is far from being a "bitch ass punk". Quite the opposite, in fact. Although he's at the helm of what can be only described as a violent and corrupt government (let's be honest/realistic here, Medvedev has always been Putin's stooge), he's shown remarkable leadership in times of crisis. He doesn't take any shit from those who harm Russians or threaten Russian interests, and on the street he's a popular figure amongst the Russian public.

Russia has industry, but it is not competitive on international markets.
They have strategies to change that. Others have also the aim to diversify their export portfolio like the Gulf countries, but unlike Russia they don't have accumulated knowledge and experience of a manufacturing industry.

With the help of the ressource income Russia will achieve this transformation and will make companies competitive.
Good example is this one:
Sukhoi Superjet 100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rampant cronyism will do nothing for their industry except make it even more sclerotic than it is....*shrugs* and their demographics going forward is off the chart.

I'm fairly sure it's gas, actually, Trajan. Though there is a slim possibility that I'm wrong.

Forum List

Back