Put up or shut up!

Correlation is causation? It's more than mere correlation that proves that CO2 absorbs infra-red radiation. What happens to that radiation, given the LAW (no theory here!) of Conservation of Energy? What happens when you get more radiation-absorbing gases around, given the ~1/3 rise in concentrations since the advent of the IR? Usually..., more absorbed energy. Where's THAT energy going?

And if the CO2 is not in the atmosphere where is that infra-red radiation absorbed. Once its here, its here, it dont matter if CO2 can or cannot absorb IR, once its here, its here.

And what the hell do you mean, "advent of the IR".

If CO2 absorbs heat, that means it retains the heat hence that heat cannot be radiated out of the molecule and thus measured as temperature.

Yeah a denier offers to pay but only if you can teach him the science, first.

And given that he's already dismissed the science, he's telling you that he's never gonna pay.

Could he just be a tad more circular with his logic?

He has not dismissed anything. However, he realizes that computer models are not science. He has stated quite clearly, provide indisputable empirical data that AGW is occuring and he will quite happilly pay you. But, you can take your computer models and toss them in the garbage can, where they belong.

Correlation is causation? It's more than mere correlation that proves that CO2 absorbs infra-red radiation. What happens to that radiation, given the LAW (no theory here!) of Conservation of Energy? What happens when you get more radiation-absorbing gases around, given the ~1/3 rise in concentrations since the advent of the IR? Usually..., more absorbed energy. Where's THAT energy going?

Once again, a comment blazes over your head at Mach 2.6.

Already covered, before Man made Global warming started to be the catch word it was a well established SCIENTIFIC fact as CO2 goes up in the atmosphere there is a diminishing effect on heat retention.

Further the basic fact is that through out history as we can study it, CO2 FOLLOWS, does not LEAD, rising temperatures. Another well established SCIENTIFIC FACT.

You seem to have your facts backwards. It's a well-known scientific fact that CO2 and other gases absorb energy in the infra-red range. How would extra retained energy result in lower temps? That seems to violate CofE. What you claim as "SCIENTIFIC FACT" is no more than the opinion of some, with even less actual scientific backing than the theory you're trying to discredit. Nice try, but mere declarations don't cut it. You've proven nothing. At least try to answer a simple question, "where does the energy go, if not to heat the earth?"

Ohh I don't know, perhaps that ICE COLD void that SURROUNDS the Earth?

Statisically that would only account for half the absorbed energy. Logically, for every photon re-emitted into space another would be emitted toward earth, heating it.

Just as my questions blaze above yours? Why don't you answer them, instead of trying to muddy the water with irrelevancies? I missed a comment? ELUCIDATE!!! Otherwise this just seems to be another attempt to distract from the real issues.

Just as my questions blaze above yours? Why don't you answer them, instead of trying to muddy the water with irrelevancies? I missed a comment? ELUCIDATE!!! Otherwise this just seems to be another attempt to distract from the real issues.

The real issue is that you have no knowledge of what you speak. You ignore the result of hundreds of years of scientific thought and philosophical thinking that has been done to derive the scientific method. No one has denied that CO2 is a GHG. We know it is. The question is does it have a measurable effect. All evidence we have shows it is not. There is not one single piece of empirical data that supports your contention. Not one. There are many that support ours. There is a well documented paleoclimate history which supports our contentions.

That is not true for the alarmists side. The alarmists on the other hand must distort the historical temperature record to support their ideas. That is fraud. That is the alarmists legacy...fraud.

Already covered, before Man made Global warming started to be the catch word it was a well established SCIENTIFIC fact as CO2 goes up in the atmosphere there is a diminishing effect on heat retention.

Further the basic fact is that through out history as we can study it, CO2 FOLLOWS, does not LEAD, rising temperatures. Another well established SCIENTIFIC FACT.

Established by whom and when? You are pulling shit out of your ass. Come on, give us a link. You cannot do that.

The link between glaciation and inter-glaciations, and the CO2 levels are explained by a real scientist here;

CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean?

The real issue is that you have no knowledge of what you speak. You ignore the result of hundreds of years of scientific thought and philosophical thinking that has been done to derive the scientific method. No one has denied that CO2 is a GHG. We know it is. The question is does it have a measurable effect. All evidence we have shows it is not. There is not one single piece of empirical data that supports your contention. Not one. There are many that support ours. There is a well documented paleoclimate history which supports our contentions.

That is not true for the alarmists side. The alarmists on the other hand must distort the historical temperature record to support their ideas. That is fraud. That is the alarmists legacy...fraud.

Oh come on, Walleyes, the real scientists all disagree with you. Here, again, is the American Institute of Phyics with real scientists explaining the history of the investigations of GHGs, and what we currently know. And none of it agrees with your lies.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Well document paleo-climate can be found here, with a real scientist explaining the current knowledge.

A23A

Now you claim to be a geologist and a member of the AGU, so why aren't you up there, stating why this is not true? Because, if you tried it, you would be laughed off of the stage by the membership of the AGU.

You seem to have your facts backwards. It's a well-known scientific fact that CO2 and other gases absorb energy in the infra-red range. How would extra retained energy result in lower temps? That seems to violate CofE. What you claim as "SCIENTIFIC FACT" is no more than the opinion of some, with even less actual scientific backing than the theory you're trying to discredit. Nice try, but mere declarations don't cut it. You've proven nothing. At least try to answer a simple question, "where does the energy go, if not to heat the earth?"

God, you are that ignorant! That void has neither heat nor cold. That is a property that requires matter.

Established by whom and when? You are pulling shit out of your ass. Come on, give us a link. You cannot do that.

The link between glaciation and inter-glaciations, and the CO2 levels are explained by a real scientist here;

CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean?

From your link olfraud

"When the Earth comes out of an ice age, the warming is not initiated by CO2 but by changes in the Earth's orbit. The warming causes the oceans to give up CO2. The CO2 amplifies the warming and mixes through the atmosphere, spreading warming throughout the planet. So CO2 causes warming AND rising temperature causes CO2 rise."

The highlighted section is the only thing that may be true. Science honestly doesn't know what causes the climate cycles. There are theories but not enough empirical data to support anything yet.

There is however no empirical data to support the rest of the comment. None. There are only poorly written computer models that support that.

Oh come on, Walleyes, the real scientists all disagree with you. Here, again, is the American Institute of Phyics with real scientists explaining the history of the investigations of GHGs, and what we currently know. And none of it agrees with your lies.

Well document paleo-climate can be found here, with a real scientist explaining the current knowledge.

A23A

Now you claim to be a geologist and a member of the AGU, so why aren't you up there, stating why this is not true? Because, if you tried it, you would be laughed off of the stage by the membership of the AGU.

Uhh because the meeting isn't till December you doofus! And I will. And your silly links have allready been disproven on numerous counts. Try again with some real science.

Hi oldrocks, how are you ? Really brave by the looks of things hiding behind your anonymous posts.

I would state that to your face. Because the fact has already been proven.

Bit like a stallion, "big when they are out."
So I am an asshole who wont pay up ?

We had creationists making these kinds of offers with regard to evolution. And they never paid up. Same mindset, no you will not pay up.

Apart from the fact you would not possess the courage to say that face to face, are you the all seeing Delphic oracle? Do you know me? What basis do you come to that conclusion, the same one that makes you a AGW religionist I suppose, like "the vibe" or perhaps just your "middle-class angst" ?
So come on sweetheart, don't play big swinging dick here, come and take up the challenge if your oh so sure of yourself.

These people have already done the work, silly asshole.

I went to that pathetic link you posted and unlike yourself i'm not obsequious enough to defer to experts without investigation, so is that the best you can do? They tried to falsely intimate Vostock ice-cores showed a link between CO2 and temperature to prove their hypothesis but failed to mention that the ice-cores show that CO2 TRAILS temperature increase. Priceless, too easy, too mediocre.

OK, so I think that I will post more of your silly insanity and let people judge for themselves.

Last edited:

God, you are that ignorant! That void has neither heat nor cold. That is a property that requires matter.

I suggest you actually uhhh do a little research before you make an ass of yourself yet again there olfraud. The temperature of outer space is around 2.725 Kelvin just a tad above Absolute Zero where all atomic movement ceases. This is the Cosmic Background Radiation. Closer to our planets the tmperature rises to around 40 Kelvin, but that is still awful damned cold. So yet again you are wrong.

More from Peter's rant.

Peter Laux's Statutory Declaration for $10K Climate Challenge : Peter Laux : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Global Warming it seems is a political issue whereby its proponents do not seek to help free people but to control them.

The inner fascist is revealed in many who know AGW is a lie but justify its promotion to use it to further their 'progressive' agenda by lying, manipulating, scaring, taxing and impoverishing and ultimately controlling the very same people they claim to help.

In short, it doesn't matter to me if the boot on my throat is from the left or right.

The last two decades have seen fundamentally mediocre and poor intellects prove themselves such by haranguing and insisting that we must believe what they believe without thought, for to even be sceptical is to be a denier, a heretic. It is embryonic 1984 Orwellian Newspeak; - "War is Peace", "Freedom is Slavery", "Ignorance is Strength" and now "Carbon Dioxide is Pollution".

AGW proponents constantly claim 'overwhelming evidence' and yet incredibly never show any, the exception is Michael Mann, who's fraudulent 'hockey stick' graph demonstrated the 'overwhelming evidence' that there is none.

Every climatic event like a hurricane is seen as 'evidence' in the same way as the ancients would see and interpret events as signs and portents.

All apparently caused by a few parts of CO2 from coal and oil for every MILLION other parts of a vast atmosphere.

Position on the Fossil Fuel-Based Economy

This demonisation of coal and oil lacks any perspective as modern prosperity is directly due to the English fuelling the Industrial Revolution with coal, that amazing source of concentrated energy.

I suggest you actually uhhh do a little research before you make an ass of yourself yet again there olfraud. The temperature of outer space is around 2.725 Kelvin just a tad above Absolute Zero where all atomic movement ceases. This is the Cosmic Background Radiation. Closer to our planets the tmperature rises to around 40 Kelvin, but that is still awful damned cold. So yet again you are wrong.

Fucking dumb, Walleyes, fucking dumb.
How does one determine the temperature of a vacuum?

Question

If temperature is 'The average kinetic energy of particles' (i.e. if you measure the temperature of a cup of water it is the average of all the water molecules in the cup), then how does one determine the temperature of a vacuum? (Division by zero error)

Asked by: Jeff Retty

Answer

One doesn't determine the temperature of a vacuum. Just as 'nothingness' has no color, taste, smell, etc. it also has no temperature. That is because, as you point out in your question, there are no particles whose kinetic energy can be measured or averaged.

Only objects within a vacuum can have a temperature, and that temperature will depend on the balance of incoming and outgoing radiation. Electromagnetic radiation can travel through a vacuum, so objects in space of any temperature above the near absolute zero (0 Kelvin = about -273 deg C.) temperature of cosmic background radiation (which is about 3 Kelvin) will radiate energy into space. Without another source of energy replacing that loss (a nearby Sun, for example) the object's temperature will decrease. That is why you read about 'the coldness of outer space'.

Once again, you ignore what real scientists state.

Real science by real scientists, not message board blowhards.

NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - NCDC Paleoclimatology Branch

Here's an organization without a pre-concieved bias. Something you clearly have problems understanding.

Page Paleontology Science Center

Hmmmm....... Did you bother to read the link?

Paleoclimatology

(3) Atmospheric Causes

Heat retention: Due to gases such as carbon dioxide and methane in Earth's atmosphere-- the "greenhouse effect"
Solar reflectivity: Due to clouds, volcanic dust, polar ice caps

And a bit below this statement are graphs relating CO2 to the rise in temperture. Dang, Walleyes, a good site that reinforces what the real scientists are stating.

Then the descendents of Tyndal have a right to that prize. Like previously stated, the asshole will never pay out, in spite of the fact that there is already ample proof of AGW. The parent organization of the AGU, the American Institute of Physics has made unequivacal statements concerning the fact that CO2 is the primary driver of the warming that we are seeing.

Once more, for any new to the debate, here is an article from the American Institute of Physics concerning the history of the study of GHGs and the affect on the atmosphere.

Now real scientists wrote this, not ex-TV weathermen, or dotty English lords. Real scientists, not faceless people on a message board.

Does that mean you will not be trying for the prize?

Statisically that would only account for half the absorbed energy. Logically, for every photon re-emitted into space another would be emitted toward earth, heating it.

That would be true if the Earth was an infinite plane. Unfortunately for your premise, the Earth is not a flat, so it is possible for two photons to be emitted in opposite directions and have them both in space.

Forum List

Back