Put politics in the back seat

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
I am traveling through Hartsfield Jackson airport next week. I always show up early not only to get through the security quick but to also go to a few restaurants and bars there. It makes me proud to see our men and women in uniform and to buy them a sandwich or a beer or whatever.
We know young folks in Afghanistan right now. My oldest son has a good friend deployed there and is involved in the offensive going on right now. My son is enlisting in the Navy as soon as he graduates from college. His idea but we support it. My youngest son has no military plans but 2 of his friends are overseas now, 1 a Marine in Afghanistan and the other Army in Iraq.
Having a brother that did 3 tours from '66-'68 in The Nam and a cousin in '69-'71 there also we know well the strains on a family with a loved one in a shooting war.
Please go out of your way to thank a soldier early and often every where you see them. In the airports you will see many and they will be eating and having a beer or two. Dig deep and pick that tab up and go a little further and do it three and four times. It sure feels good to help our troops as they are there for all of us. When it comes to these folks we need to put politics aside.

Last edited:
I am traveling through Hartsfield Jackson airport next week. I always show up early not only to get through the security quick but to also go to a few restaurants and bars there. It makes me proud to see our men and women in uniform and to buy them a sandwich or a beer or whatever.
We know young folks in Afghanistan right now. My oldest son has a good friend deployed there and is involved in the offensive going on right now. My son is enlisting in the Navy as soon as he graduates from college. His idea but we support it. My youngest son has no military plans but 2 of his friends are overseas now, 1 a Marine in Afghanistan and the other Army in Iraq.
Having a brother that did 3 tours from '66-'68 in The Nam and a cousin in '69-'71 there also we know well the strains on a family with a loved one in a shooting war.
Please go out of your way to thank a soldier early and often every where you see them. In the airports you will see many and they will be eating and having a beer or two. Dig deep and pick that tab up and go a little further and do it three and four times. It sure feels good to help our troops as they are there for all of us. When it comes to these folks we need to put politics aside.

This post is Radioman approved.

Forum List

Back