Put Out This Fire

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
This week, the Supreme Court will consider the reverse discrimination claim of Marcarelli and a group of white firefighters. They all passed a promotion exam, but the city threw out the test because no blacks would have been promoted, saying the exam had a "disparate impact" on minorities likely to violate the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Besides affecting how race can be considered in filling government and perhaps even private jobs, the dispute also addresses broader questions about racial progress: Do minorities and women still need legal protection from discrimination, or do the monumental civil rights laws that created a more equal nation now cause more harm than good?

Also, beneath the specific details of the firefighters' lawsuit lies an uncomfortable truth: On most standardized tests, regardless of the subject, blacks score lower than whites.

Supreme Court to consider reverse discrimination case that could transform hiring nationwide -- Newsday.com

Affirmitive action laws are not needed to make up for past racism,

they are needed to make up for present IQ differences.

Affirmative Action can have the adverse effect of 'dumbing-down' blacks. I'm sure white supremacy groups like the idea of giving a black person a chance by allowing them to enter a University based on the color of their skin, only to have them fail and drop-out because they didn't have the 'smarts' to make it.

So, let's see.

Laws are made to ensure that a certain number of African-Americans are eligible to take tests.

Then the results from those same tests are thrown out because those same African-Americans didn't do very well.

And the reason? On most standardized tests, regardless of the subject, blacks score lower than whites.

I bet the NAACP is feeling pretty good about now.

• Banned
It is against the law to treat blacks as a equal.

No, this sort of thing never happens. Affirmative Action is a good and just thing. Now hush you naysayers. :eusa_shhh:

• Banned
I'm sure white supremacy groups like the idea of giving a black person a chance by allowing them to enter a University based on the color of their skin, only to have them fail and drop-out because they didn't have the 'smarts' to make it.
I don't think "white supremacy groups like the idea of giving a black person a chance by allowing them to enter a University based on the color of their skin",

I think it just proves their point.

Last edited:
I'm sure white supremacy groups like the idea of giving a black person a chance by allowing them to enter a University based on the color of their skin, only to have them fail and drop-out because they didn't have the 'smarts' to make it.
I don't think "white supremacy groups like the idea of giving a black person a chance by allowing them to enter a University based on the color of their skin",

I think it just proves their point.

It's a great way to destroy a man. Give him an opportunity for which he is unqualified and watch him fail.

• Banned
It's a great way to destroy a man. Give him an opportunity for which he is unqualified and watch him fail.
This is not about just one black man, this is about the majority of black men that are given opportunitys for which they are unqualified. It is not that the world has not given opportunity to the people of color, it is natures evolution that has created an obvious inferiority of their mental faculties that causes the inability to take advantage of these "opportunitys".

It is racist to hold blacks to a equal standard, when the standards are not equal.

Last edited:
Affirmative action seems to have outlived its purpose and might, as a matter of fact, be actually harming the ones whom it was supposed to help and the society in general... I've been thinking about this topic for a while now, not wanting to just throw around uneducated opinions... but it seems clearer and clearer to me that affirmative action should be done away it.

Affirmative action seems to have outlived its purpose and might, as a matter of fact, be actually harming the ones whom it was supposed to help and the society in general... I've been thinking about this topic for a while now, not wanting to just throw around uneducated opinions... but it seems clearer and clearer to me that affirmative action should be done away it.

Careful, people will start calling you a heartless, bigoted conservative if you keep up that crazy talk. :)

Agreed. State by state, Affirmative Action is going the way of the Dinosaurs.

Careful, people will start calling you a heartless, bigoted conservative if you keep up that crazy talk. :)

Not necessarily, I actually know a lot of liberals of the same opinion...

Forum List

Back