Put my Portfolio on Autopilot with DRIP Option

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I want to observe what happens to the second and third highest yield issues over the next six months before I ease into doing a short list 2-4 issue portfolio over the next three years.

I want to observe what happens to the second and third highest yield issues over the next six months before I ease into doing a short list 2-4 issue portfolio over the next three years.
With all the stock by backs and dividend increases due to the tax cuts, you should do quite well.

Last edited:
With all the stock by backs and dividend increases due to the tax cuts, you should do quite well.
From your keyboard to god's screen I pray.

Going from 9% minimum yield to 12% minimum will be a slow process. Also 10-15% increase in yield over the past five years minimum reduces the size of my universe.

Going from 9% minimum yield to 12% minimum will be a slow process. Also 10-15% increase in yield over the past five years minimum reduces the size of my universe.
My plan is to pre stage for 2020 living escapes open until 6 months before when I commit.
I will be surprised if the Blue Wall will be a factor in US politics in 2020. The Public Service unions will be suing the crap out of the state and local politicians.

My plan is to pre stage for 2020 living escapes open until 6 months before when I commit.
I will be surprised if the Blue Wall will be a factor in US politics in 2020. The Public Service unions will be suing the crap out of the state and local politicians.
yup, but there other things. Seattle and their new head tax turns anything based there into NO BUY. A tax revolt is brewing, High tax states are going to lose so blue state investments of any kind are a NO BUY.

good point but there are oddities. I own PRI because PA relative to NY, NJ and MD is a tax haven. PRI can't buy, build or convert to commercial buildings into apartments/ condos fast enough to keep up with demand. UT is going high tech and therefore liberal.

good point but there are oddities. I own PRI because PA relative to NY, NJ and MD is a tax haven. PRI can't buy, build or convert to commercial buildings into apartments/ condos fast enough to keep up with demand. UT is going high tech and therefore liberal.
Just read the news in Italy. Fiat is killing Dodge and will no longer carry their plate. It gets worse. Fiat is starting a NEW Jeep line up that ONLY keeps the name. Fiat will design, power and build ALL future models.

Fix It Again Tony lives down to its nickname again. That is what I like about dividend paying issues when price goes down yield goes up sort of like bonds on steroids.

Just read the news in Italy. Fiat is killing Dodge and will no longer carry their plate. It gets worse. Fiat is starting a NEW Jeep line up that ONLY keeps the name. Fiat will design, power and build ALL future models.

Jesus, the last time Europeans designed a Jeep it was a fucking disaster. Iacocca had to scrap the mess and start all over when he bought Jeep. Thanks for the info!

right, make a lousy 4%, pay taxes on it, when inflation averages 5% per year. Real smart.

FGP 10.7%
SJT 11.6%
EEP 14.21%
RIV 11.83%
BPL 14.01%
While these yields are good, monthly dividends issues tend not to last long. Also you need to do research to make sure the dividends are still being paid. AMID is listed as having a yield north of 20% but the last X-div was way back because of lawsuits over its pipeline plans. There is also a problem generally with energy issues (they stink up the place) and future prices. You also have to keep track of how many X-Divs you need to make a profit on the in and out. Basically I am waiting for either serious rate hike effects or ascension into the lowest tier of the Dividend Aristocrat/Champions lists.

Forum List

Back