Put a lock in your underwear drawer....

You must have missed the point. I do NOT want Census "violators" pursued for failure to answer "all questions". Already made that clear. I'm just really interested in your answer to Epsilon, given the clear answer I gave. Generally, for us little people, it's the THREAT that ensures compliance, and the big guys get away with BREAKING THE LAW because THEY CAN.

But in the case of the census, the little guys can get away with it as easily as the big guys. So again, not even close to the same thing.

ENFORCING THE CENSUS LAWS. - Article Preview - The New York Times

Editorial: Census 2000 Creates a National Racial Profile.

Ummmm....ok. Again, the little guy can get away with it as easily as the big guys, so its not the same thing as taxes.

Didn't see anything in your links refuting that.

You must have missed the point. I do NOT want Census "violators" pursued for failure to answer "all questions". Already made that clear. I'm just really interested in your answer to Epsilon, given the clear answer I gave. Generally, for us little people, it's the THREAT that ensures compliance, and the big guys get away with BREAKING THE LAW because THEY CAN.

seems you have a couple of choices then. you can comply with the law as written and complain after; you can violate the law and when prosecuted under it, can mount a constitutional challenge; or you can get the ACLU or some other similar group to sue for you.

Those are choices akin to continue to have an moral/ethical issue on the job and say nothing for fear of retribution, or be a whistle-blower and hope to hell that the law works for you. Great choice, isn't it? Been there, btw, so don't try to convince me how well the system works or how great my options are.

it's kind of funny though that no one complained about the census when Bush was pres. Bachman's kind of a freak.... and given the lack of mouth from the right's loonies last go-'round, i'm thinking this is just more faux outrage.

and for the record, do you really think govt doesn't ALREADY know the stuff they're asking in census?

Look, already said that Bachman f*ked up on a few occasions, but that doesn't make her wrong on this one. You know the saying about even a broken clock is right twice a day? Unlike some of the Pied Piper's followers, some of the rest of us have woken up, and that happened some time ago. We've taken the attitude "We mad as hell, and we're not gonna take it any more!"

And for the record, since they already have the f*king information, I'm telling them to "Look it up!" Don't be like the idiots in the medical profession, especially in the hospital setting, who ask you the same damned question that the first 10 people who saw you asked!

The Census questions are coming!

Bull’s-eye central is afoot. The thousands of volunteer census workers assigned to get answers to questions from every household in the country has launched. How old are you and members of your household? What is your religion? Have you ever been on food stamps? What is your phone number? What is your race?

Magically we have ACORN as one of the groups at the center of collecting data nationally. Don’t you just want a stranger from ACORN coming to your door, saying you have to answer personal, intrusive and unconstitutional questions for the first time in our census history? According to Representative Michele Bachmann, she has stated publicly:
“I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home. We won’t be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn’t require any information beyond that.”

Census bureau spokesperson Shelly Lowe didn’t waste any time taking Bachmann to the woodshed by reminding her of a portion of the U.S. legal code saying that if anyone over 18 refuses to answer any of the questions asked by census takers you can be fined up to $5,000.

Of course, predictably, the left and census brains are implying Bachmann is above the law and any of the rest of us who might rebel by not answering intrusive questions are horribly in error and will be fined if not more consequences.

We collect census info every 10 years and it is in our constitution that we do need to reveal how many people live at our home. That is for good reason since money is allocated to various states and members are elected to office by knowing how many people need representation in various areas around the country.

All manipulative and personal questions are a violation of our rights and frankly none of our Government’s business. When money and potential, political representation is linked to the outcome of census numbers collected we should have all the more concern that a group like ACORN, full of indictments in over a dozen states for fraud and misrepresentation is even involved!

The question we all should have is what is the Government planning to do with all this personal info?

Could our personal info be ever used against us? According to Rep. Bachmann some of the members of congress have had their web sites hacked into. How will all our private information be protected, not sold, not stolen and not used against us at some time?

The census folks and this administration say abuse of the info won’t happen and we are safe. Are we safe much like the Japanese were in the 40s under Franklin Roosevelt who USED CENSUS RECORDS TO ROUND UP ALL THE JAPANESE AND PUT THEM IN INTERNMENT CAMPS. No, our Government wouldn’t dream of over reaching with control and abuse on the American people.

I encourage all to think very carefully about what your rights are and what you should do in answering questions that are vividly unconstitutional!

With a Government that wants more and more control and already identifies masses of law abiding citizens and vets as potential domestic terrorists we must start drawing lines!!! We must draw lines of protest regarding this fraudulent over reach regarding the census; draw lines regarding intrusion on private enterprise and business, draw lines regarding loan shark like plans for additional taxes, via cap and trade, the endlessly growing stimulus bill, and potential UN, global taxation schemes a foot as we speak.

We don’t have a choice anymore. Those of us who want a country left must find our voice, really read and know our constitution, declaration of Independence and bill of rights!!! Once these truth’s and foundations are in our heads, organize, march, protest where needed and get behind real public servants!!! God bless America and our right to privacy!!!

Put a lock on your underwear drawer….the census questions are coming

the tinfoil is strong with this one:lol:

Bull’s-eye central is afoot. The thousands of volunteer census workers assigned to get answers to questions from every household in the country has launched. How old are you and members of your household? What is your religion? Have you ever been on food stamps? What is your phone number? What is your race?

Magically we have ACORN as one of the groups at the center of collecting data nationally. Don’t you just want a stranger from ACORN coming to your door, saying you have to answer personal, intrusive and unconstitutional questions for the first time in our census history? According to Representative Michele Bachmann, she has stated publicly:
“I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home. We won’t be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn’t require any information beyond that.”

Census bureau spokesperson Shelly Lowe didn’t waste any time taking Bachmann to the woodshed by reminding her of a portion of the U.S. legal code saying that if anyone over 18 refuses to answer any of the questions asked by census takers you can be fined up to $5,000.

Of course, predictably, the left and census brains are implying Bachmann is above the law and any of the rest of us who might rebel by not answering intrusive questions are horribly in error and will be fined if not more consequences.

We collect census info every 10 years and it is in our constitution that we do need to reveal how many people live at our home. That is for good reason since money is allocated to various states and members are elected to office by knowing how many people need representation in various areas around the country.

All manipulative and personal questions are a violation of our rights and frankly none of our Government’s business. When money and potential, political representation is linked to the outcome of census numbers collected we should have all the more concern that a group like ACORN, full of indictments in over a dozen states for fraud and misrepresentation is even involved!

The question we all should have is what is the Government planning to do with all this personal info?

Could our personal info be ever used against us? According to Rep. Bachmann some of the members of congress have had their web sites hacked into. How will all our private information be protected, not sold, not stolen and not used against us at some time?

The census folks and this administration say abuse of the info won’t happen and we are safe. Are we safe much like the Japanese were in the 40s under Franklin Roosevelt who USED CENSUS RECORDS TO ROUND UP ALL THE JAPANESE AND PUT THEM IN INTERNMENT CAMPS. No, our Government wouldn’t dream of over reaching with control and abuse on the American people.

I encourage all to think very carefully about what your rights are and what you should do in answering questions that are vividly unconstitutional!

With a Government that wants more and more control and already identifies masses of law abiding citizens and vets as potential domestic terrorists we must start drawing lines!!! We must draw lines of protest regarding this fraudulent over reach regarding the census; draw lines regarding intrusion on private enterprise and business, draw lines regarding loan shark like plans for additional taxes, via cap and trade, the endlessly growing stimulus bill, and potential UN, global taxation schemes a foot as we speak.

We don’t have a choice anymore. Those of us who want a country left must find our voice, really read and know our constitution, declaration of Independence and bill of rights!!! Once these truth’s and foundations are in our heads, organize, march, protest where needed and get behind real public servants!!! God bless America and our right to privacy!!!

the tinfoil is strong with this one:lol:

Then, by all means, wrap up your leftovers....

so the worst that can happen if you choose not to answer is a fine of not more than $100.00? It's worth the price! goo bye ACORN! goo bye!:lol:

But in the case of the census, the little guys can get away with it as easily as the big guys. So again, not even close to the same thing.

ENFORCING THE CENSUS LAWS. - Article Preview - The New York Times

Editorial: Census 2000 Creates a National Racial Profile.

Ummmm....ok. Again, the little guy can get away with it as easily as the big guys, so its not the same thing as taxes.

Didn't see anything in your links refuting that.

And the point was that the little guy has FEAR of non-compliance, not to mention, they don't understand the process.

The American Community Survey (Census)

The census, among other things will determine representation. Congresswoman Bachmann could lose her seat if enough people refuse to be counted.

poor mrs Bachmann.....

Bachmann is one of the biggest embarrassments in congress. These Rs sure can pick 'em.

yea so can those D's....Pelosi Reid Boxer Kennedy Kerry Franks and the newest Franken....all embarrassments...go ahead Sarah...give us a laugh and defend them....

Was beginning to wonder about you after the first comment.

well i knew someone would say something that would give me something more to say....you gotta be patient....:lol:

it's kind of funny though that no one complained about the census when Bush was pres. Bachman's kind of a freak.... and given the lack of mouth from the right's loonies last go-'round, i'm thinking this is just more faux outrage.

Jill...Bush wasnt the prez during the last census...

I'll pay the fine and then challenge the right of the Feds to infringe upon My privacy.

They have a legitimate need to know the number of people who reside at My residence on a permanent basis.

They will not be getting any other information from Me.

OH for God's sake grow the FUCK UP. The first US Census was taken in 1790. This is not something "new" dreamed up by Obama or the dreaded Acorn, you fool.

OH for God's sake grow the FUCK UP. The first US Census was taken in 1790. This is not something "new" dreamed up by Obama or the dreaded Acorn, you fool.

Census Findings
A Handy Guide to the United States Federal Census Records​
Census records were enumerated every 10 years in the United States with the first one being in 1790. Information about each census year is detailed in this section of Census Finder. Learn which questions were asked, which states were enumerated and where the census records can be found both online and offline. We have included some census research tips which might come in handy as you take on the job of discovering your ancestry using census records. To learn more about a census year, select a year below.
Census Findings - Questions asked in the US Census

Nice of ya to put your fucking two cents in....

Forum List

Back