Put 15 Million Back to Work by November 2012

I'm pretty sure alcohol is in my rear-view mirror.
Now...it's Red Bull I need to get beyond.
Thanks, Daveman.

Dood. Red Bull's nasty. :lol:

Tru dat! I have only had one Red Bull and remember thinking, "why would anybody drink this crap"?
It's the caffeine.

Bull's taste is pretty bad (especially when chugged) however there's "only" 80mg of caffeine in each 8.4 ounce can.

I buy a product at my gym that comes in almost the same sized container (8.5Oz) but it has 250 mg of caffeine and a much better taste than Red Bull.

If it's not one thing, it's caffeine.

I'm pretty sure alcohol is in my rear-view mirror.
Now...it's Red Bull I need to get beyond.
Thanks, Daveman.

Tru dat! I have only had one Red Bull and remember thinking, "why would anybody drink this crap"?
Yup.

Gotta be honest, though: In Oman, visiting one of the USAF bases, I drank something called Pocari Sweat.

Never did find out what a pocari is, or how they collected its sweat... :eek:

I used caffeine to get off alcohol.

Out of the frying pan?
Long term, probably not much better for your health, but nobody ever got a ticket for driving while caffeinated. :lol:
I haven't had any caffeine blackouts yet, but I suspect you're right about long term health prospects.

Years ago, I read a single drop of 100% pure caffeine on a rat's skin will send the animal into convulsions and death.

I never touched alcohol or caffeine (except for soft drinks) until I was in my 30s.
I'm thinking I should get back to that stage in my life without the reefer.

I used caffeine to get off alcohol.

Out of the frying pan?
Long term, probably not much better for your health, but nobody ever got a ticket for driving while caffeinated. :lol:
I haven't had any caffeine blackouts yet, but I suspect you're right about long term health prospects.

Years ago, I read a single drop of 100% pure caffeine on a rat's skin will send the animal into convulsions and death.

I never touched alcohol or caffeine (except for soft drinks) until I was in my 30s.
I'm thinking I should get back to that stage in my life without the reefer.
Addictive personalities (and I have my addictions, too) have to have something. Might as well be something legal and low-cost.

WPA-II that's how.

Split the entire work force into two divisions, deployed military and able-bodied civilians all overseen by Army Corps of Engineers or Navy Seabees.

"Projects: Roads, bridges, tunnels, dams, ports, waterways, water-sewage and drainage systems, levees, flood control, rail beds, rural electrification systems, fisheries, hospitals, schools, libraries, national/state/local parks and recreation systems, adult literacy programs etcetera.

"New projects would involve finishing repairs from Hurricane Katrina and the Gulf oil spill.

"Others systems would include light- and high-speed rail, solar/wind/water-based energy, erosion control, environmental protection, energy conservation, earthquake-proofing house foundations for the poor and disabled and dismantling/cleaning up decommissioned nuclear energy plants...

"Funding: With the winding down of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, a portion of Congressional appropriations to both the DoD and the State Department would be shifted to underwrite WPA-II expenses that previously were dedicated to foreign infrastructure and economic aid.

"This would include salaries of all DoD participants, including payroll for deployed military.

"The State Department would shift funds from most of its foreign-aid programs and much of the $3 billion presently earmarked for the Baghdad Embassy security forces.

"In addition, USAID would turn over its Congressional appropriations to the WPA-II and rely in future upon financial support from US businesses and industry and/or the US Chamber of Commerce to continue its global activities..."

Put 15 Million Back to Work Fixing $2.2 Trillion in Infrastructure: the Works Progress Administration | Truthout

Hell yeah! I want one of those gubmint jobs. Free health care, lots of sick leave and vacation days, 12 paid Holidays a year and I get to join a gubmint union.

Forum List

Back