Pussification of America

Once all physical activity games are banned, the libtards can complain that children are obese.

250px-Children_playing_tag.jpg

NY State Says These Kids’ Games Pose ‘Significant Risk Of Injury’

by Danielle Sullivan on April 19th, 2011

School will be soon be out but if it’s up to the New York State Health Department, a lot of city kids might be spending their time indoors.

The New York State Health Department created a list of what they deemed “risky recreational activities” and is forcing many summer programs to ban these games unless they shell out extra funds to be recognized as an official summer camp. They say the activities listed pose a “significant risk of injury” and have been named as hazards which need to be regulated at day camps.

While proper supervision and safety concerns rank high on every parent’s list of priorities, the games that have been deemed unsafe and risky might shock a lot of city parents who grew up playing these ‘dangerous’ games.

For starters, kids can kiss wiffle ball, dodge ball, and kick ball goodbye. Horseback riding and scuba make the list and more understandably, archery. But so does freeze tag, Frisbee, steal the bacon and tug of war!

According to the NY Daily News, under the new rules, any program that offers two or more organized recreational activities – with at least one of them on the risky list – is deemed a summer camp and subject to state regulation. Health Department spokeswoman Diane Mathis said the list of risky activities was crafted with help from camp groups.

---
When I was little, that is all we did. We hung outside our house and played all those games- with barely any supervision! And we all survived… and had a lot of creative group fun and physical activity in the process. My kids have gone to summer programs that weren’t camps where they played all these games and loved it. And they always came home in one piece. Just the other day, my eight-year-old was playing Red Rover in the schoolyard (another banned game).

By becoming hyper-vigilant about safety precautions, we are raising a generation of paranoid kids that are missing a large part of childhood. Maybe if we let kids be kids, a lot of them would lose the video games, lessen the pent up aggression and actually have good old-fashioned fun.

NY State Says These Kids' Games Pose 'Significant Risk Of Injury' | Strollerderby

Hey Jihad,

Great Thread. I could not agree more with the entire pussification of America thing. It even extends to the NFL now. We can't play a game right now because of storms in the area. WTF? Pussies.

A running back can't lower his head. WTF? Don't touch the QB, he might break.

I was a running back. When I knew I was going down I would dive headfirst at the dude's knees who was trying to tackle me. Make him think twice about hitting me. It's a violent game. But now...like everything else in America...we have to pussify it.

But of course, this is all about the chiltren. Don't throw a rubber ball at little Bobby...it might hurt his self-esteem. Please...go fuck yourself. A little adversity never hurt anyone.

School will be soon be out but if it’s up to the New York State Health Department, a lot of city kids might be spending their time indoors.

The New York State Health Department created a list of what they deemed “risky recreational activities” and is forcing many summer programs to ban these games unless they shell out extra funds to be recognized as an official summer camp. They say the activities listed pose a “significant risk of injury” and have been named as hazards which need to be regulated at day camps.

While proper supervision and safety concerns rank high on every parent’s list of priorities, the games that have been deemed unsafe and risky might shock a lot of city parents who grew up playing these ‘dangerous’ games.

For starters, kids can kiss wiffle ball, dodge ball, and kick ball goodbye. Horseback riding and scuba make the list and more understandably, archery. But so does freeze tag, Frisbee, steal the bacon and tug of war!

According to the NY Daily News, under the new rules, any program that offers two or more organized recreational activities – with at least one of them on the risky list – is deemed a summer camp and subject to state regulation. Health Department spokeswoman Diane Mathis said the list of risky activities was crafted with help from camp groups.

---
When I was little, that is all we did. We hung outside our house and played all those games- with barely any supervision! And we all survived… and had a lot of creative group fun and physical activity in the process. My kids have gone to summer programs that weren’t camps where they played all these games and loved it. And they always came home in one piece. Just the other day, my eight-year-old was playing Red Rover in the schoolyard (another banned game).

By becoming hyper-vigilant about safety precautions, we are raising a generation of paranoid kids that are missing a large part of childhood. Maybe if we let kids be kids, a lot of them would lose the video games, lessen the pent up aggression and actually have good old-fashioned fun.

NY State Says These Kids' Games Pose 'Significant Risk Of Injury' | Strollerderby

And our retard politicians, including our fatass retarded First Lady, wonder why obesity is on the rise among kids. It's because you bureaucratic fucksticks are banning kids from having fun because of "safety issues".

Kids are going to get hurt. Oh well...a couple of bruises builds character. And besides...they'll heal!

First of all, she's not a fatass, you dipshit. Secondly, I do not recall her being against any of these things. If you have any evidence that she is, let's see it. Just because a few dumb asses are trying to avoid costly litigation by being overzealous does not mean everyone supports their stupid actions.

And the biggest reason so many kids are overweight is because their parents don't let them play outside but instead allow them to sit in front of the television playing video games all day long. Not that video games are all bad, but kids spend too much time playing them and not enough time outside running around.

---

Hey Jihad,

Great Thread. I could not agree more with the entire pussification of America thing. It even extends to the NFL now. We can't play a game right now because of storms in the area. WTF? Pussies.

I was a running back. When I knew I was going down I would dive headfirst at the dude's knees who was trying to tackle me. Make him think twice about hitting me. It's a violent game. But now...like everything else in America...we have to pussify it.

But of course, this is all about the chiltren. Don't throw a rubber ball at little Bobby...it might hurt his self-esteem. Please...go fuck yourself. A little adversity never hurt anyone.

Every now and then AJ puts something worthwhile out there. As for your comparison of the NFL, you seem to be missing the fact that we are seeing a very high percentage of former players having their brains turned to mush as they get older. There is a huge difference between being overly protective of kids because they might fall down and get an owie versus a proven track record of players developing serious brain injuries over their careers. This isn't about players ending up with bad knees making it difficult for them to walk. It's about their ability to function at all as they get older.

---

Hey Jihad,

Every now and then AJ puts something worthwhile out there. As for your comparison of the NFL, you seem to be missing the fact that we are seeing a very high percentage of former players having their brains turned to mush as they get older. There is a huge difference between being overly protective of kids because they might fall down and get an owie versus a proven track record of players developing serious brain injuries over their careers. This isn't about players ending up with bad knees making it difficult for them to walk. It's about their ability to function at all as they get older.

And none of those NFL players knew the risks? You have to be shitting me. Let's see, any risk in smoking crack? Injecting heroin? Or how about having 250 lbs men hitting you in violent collisions for years.

It is a trade off. A potential huge amount of money, versus the potential for life long physical and mental problems. Every NFL player knows the risks. They have made the choice. I am a firm believer in being accountable for the choices we all make in life. Stop babying people. The biggest part of being a true adult is accepting and being accountable the choices we all make in life. Some will be good. Some will be bad. Deal with it.

Last edited:
Hey Jihad,

And none of those NFL players knew the risks? You have to be shitting me. Let's see, any risk in smoking crack? Injecting heroin? Or how about having 250 lbs men hitting you in violent collisions for years.

It is a trade off. A potential huge amount of money, versus the potential for life long physical and mental problems. Every NFL player knows the risks. They have made the choice. I am a firm believer in being accountable for the choices we all make in life. Stop babying people. The biggest part of being a true adult is accepting and being accountable the choices we all make in life. Some will be good. Some will be bad. Deal with it.

Dumb and dumber. You will do well here.

Dumb and dumber. You will do well here.

Thanks man, but I made a number of very intelligent points. The reason I know this, is because you could not refute any of them. You did the name calling thing, which accomplishes nothing, because I have no feelings, and in fact made yourself look rather dumb.

Fail = Please try again. :hmpf:

Liberals want all the little boys to be faggots, and all the little girls to be lesbians. Anyone who loves their children needs to home school them, and keep them away from the evil liberals - fuck public schools!

On this, I couldn't agree more with you! Not necessarily with home schooling, but absolutely with the prospect of private schooling.

My Grandaughter came home one day (public school) and told us that her "teacher" told the class that "it would be a good thing if America were attacked again because we are an evil country".

By the time I left the school, the "teacher" had been reassigned. I took our Granddaughter out of that school the next week and put her into private school. Unfortunately, it's a damned shame that the BS unions have been allowed to destroy what was once a public school system that was the envy of the world.

---

And our retard politicians, including our fatass retarded First Lady, wonder why obesity is on the rise among kids. It's because you bureaucratic fucksticks are banning kids from having fun because of "safety issues".

Kids are going to get hurt. Oh well...a couple of bruises builds character. And besides...they'll heal!

First of all, she's not a fatass, you dipshit. Secondly, I do not recall her being against any of these things. If you have any evidence that she is, let's see it

I didn't say she was against these things. I said she (among others) wondered why our kids were Obese.

Sure am glad you can assert your tough guy attitude on the internet. Geez, thanks for all you do.:cuckoo:

Makes it easier to contol the sheeple when you metnally castrate them at a young age. All part of the long term liberal socialist agenda.

That pretty much explains why you're such a sackless wonder, Cindy Ted.

Lol. Son, I have more "man" in my little pinky than you have in your entire body. I can smell the punk in you even over the computer screen Nancy.

It is a trade off. A potential huge amount of money, versus the potential for life long physical and mental problems. Every NFL player knows the risks. .

A lot of what we are discovering about concussions and their long-term effects was not known until very recently. I think most NFL players would still make the same choice, but let's just be honest in the discussion.

washington-redskins-background-1.jpg

Washington Redskins Name Change is the Right Thing to Do

Rashaad Mubarakin
Politics2 days ago

While the Washington Redskins lost their first game of the season on Monday to the Philadelphia Eagles, they gained more attention because of their team name, which journalists and certain media outlets consider offensive to Native Americans.

In May, Congress issued a letter and requested the team's owner Daniel Snyder to change the moniker. Snyder refused and voiced his reason for the moniker to remain the same: "As a lifelong Redskins fan, I think that the Redskins fans understand the great tradition and what's it about and what it means," said Snyder. "So we feel pretty fortunate to be just working on next season. We'll never change the name. It's that simple. NEVER — you can use caps."

I understand Snyder's sentiments. As the team's owner, he does not want to ruin tradition. However, he should realize that his team's name is highly offensive to an important demographic in the U.S. Snyder should reconsider his decision and change the team's moniker to something less racist and meaningful to himself and the players.

Washington Redskins Name Change is the Right Thing to Do

Forum List

Back