Pushing back

Dry ice is one phase state of CO2. It requires extreme cold to create it. It does not exhist naturally on this planet in that phase.

Maybe it does, I wonder if under the pressure of the earth's crust there might be a pocket of C02. The point I stress is that C02 as a gas that can absorb, store, and increase the earth's temperature is nonsense.

nah. not likely, these pockets. it gets hotter as it gets deeper, like where the pressures in the crust are high.

CO2 can store and absorb energy. all matter can pull that off to some extent. additionally, unlike nitrogen which is pretty useless as a GHG or photon wave filter, CO2 can pull off these functions in the atmosphere.

its the fact that CO2 is a waste product from virtually every conversion of carbohydrate energy to heat/kinetic energy makes it even more important. i think so important that people are clamoring to exaggerate the role which it plays in the atmosphere and in climate. the political response could empower lucrative proceeds for a few folks with a slick angle.

this is a different type of environmental significance. it is political and economic, but not scientific.

Dry ice is one phase state of CO2. It requires extreme cold to create it. It does not exhist naturally on this planet in that phase.

Maybe it does, I wonder if under the pressure of the earth's crust there might be a pocket of C02. The point I stress is that C02 as a gas that can absorb, store, and increase the earth's temperature is nonsense.

nah. not likely, these pockets. it gets hotter as it gets deeper, like where the pressures in the crust are high.

CO2 can store and absorb energy. all matter can pull that off to some extent. additionally, unlike nitrogen which is pretty useless as a GHG or photon wave filter, CO2 can pull off these functions in the atmosphere.

its the fact that CO2 is a waste product from virtually every conversion of carbohydrate energy to heat/kinetic energy makes it even more important. i think so important that people are clamoring to exaggerate the role which it plays in the atmosphere and in climate. the political response could empower lucrative proceeds for a few folks with a slick angle.

this is a different type of environmental significance. it is political and economic, but not scientific.

I thought of that as I wrote this, I had they thought so why not throw it out, figured I put it out here and see what happens.

When one questions and observes, twist the facts, spreads a little bullshit, sometimes we stumble upon a the truth as well as inspire others to think and reason.

CO2 in theory absorbs heat or radiation, in reality that energy is not detectable in the atmosphere. We are speaking of a time frame of milliseconds or less, the energy or heat is gone. As soon as the sun quits shining CO2 in less then a millisecond, microsecond, nanosecond, dissipates the energy and cools to the surrounding temperature.

H2O, Hydrogen a natural neutron absorber, blocks cosmic radiation from colliding with CO2.

Water is used to shield the ultra high level radiation of spent fuel bundles.

A nuclear fuel bundle, which is part of dozens in a reactor, each bundle is lets say 10 ' long and about 1' square, give or take, each bundle is made up of tubes, maybe 50 rods (I am guessing, estimating I never counted as I looked upon spent fuel bundles)in each rod or tube is filled with cigarette filter sized Uranium.

Once the fuel rod or bundle is spent, if you were to place that cigarette filter size piece of uranium at the end of a football field and ran towards it you would be dead before you made it to the 50 yard line. It is that powerful.

Dozens of spent nuclear fuel rods are kept on site, the nuclear sites were designed to hold the reactors lifetime of fuel on site. Hence they have spent fuel pools, filled with water, to shield the radiation, I have literally stood at the edge of the pool and looked at the spent fuel, which glows florescent blue. No water I would be vaporized in a microsecond.

That is how great water is at shielding us from radiation. In the atmosphere H2O vapor behaves the same, H2O vapor in the atmosphere shields CO2 from cosmic radiation to a certain extent.

Every notice how warm it is when its cloudy at night, heat is absorbed by H2O and slowly released throughout the night.

No clouds and all the CO2 in the world will not keep you warm.

No water in the atmosphere and the earth would freeze.

Climate scientists fighting back - Spokesman.com - Nov. 8, 2010

WASHINGTON – Faced with increasing political attacks, hundreds of climate scientists are joining a broad campaign to push back against congressional conservatives who have threatened prominent researchers with investigations and have vowed to kill regulations to rein in human-created greenhouse gas emissions.

The efforts reveal a shift among climate scientists, many of whom have traditionally stayed out of politics and avoided the news media. Many now say they are willing to go toe-to-toe with their critics, some of whom gained new power after the Republicans won control of the House in last Tuesday’s election.

Today, the American Geophysical Union, the country’s largest association of climate scientists, plans to announce that 700 climate scientists have agreed to speak out as experts on questions about global warming and the role of man-made air pollution. Some are prepared to go before what they consider potentially hostile audiences on conservative talk-radio and television shows

CO2 causes the earth to retain heat.

That is a fact.

But conservatives don't believe in facts.

WASHINGTON – Faced with increasing political attacks, hundreds of climate scientists are joining a broad campaign to push back against congressional conservatives who have threatened prominent researchers with investigations and have vowed to kill regulations to rein in human-created greenhouse gas emissions.

The efforts reveal a shift among climate scientists, many of whom have traditionally stayed out of politics and avoided the news media. Many now say they are willing to go toe-to-toe with their critics, some of whom gained new power after the Republicans won control of the House in last Tuesday’s election.

Today, the American Geophysical Union, the country’s largest association of climate scientists, plans to announce that 700 climate scientists have agreed to speak out as experts on questions about global warming and the role of man-made air pollution. Some are prepared to go before what they consider potentially hostile audiences on conservative talk-radio and television shows

That is a fact.

If you would bother to read Antagons very easy to understand rebuttal to your erroneous statement you might learn something. Conservatism or liberalism has nothing to do with scientific fact. The fact is CO2 has been proven over and over and over again via real empirical data to NOT be a relevant factor in warming.

The only support that you alarmists have for your theory are ridiculously simplistic computer models that are incapable of recreating what has occured. There is not one iota of empirical data to support your contention...not one.

That is fact whether you are a liberal, a conservative, or from Mars.

That is a fact.

CO2 merely vibrates a bit when it occasionally suffers a collision with cosmic radiation, so much energy is lost in the collision, the vibration so slight, the heat is gone in less then a blink of the eye.

Dry ice is pure CO2.

CO2 is used to put out fires, how come its cold coming out of the fire extinguisher, nobody keeps their fire extinguishers in the freezer yet the CO2 is cold, even in a fire.

Start a fire in a box, put it out with CO2, close the box, open the next day, feel any heat above the ambient temperature.

Be careful though, playing with CO2 will displace Oxygen hence you could die in a small room if your careless. It would take more CO2 than one extinguisher. Its best to be careful.

Forum List

Back