Push comes to shove, will U. S. military back Wall Street, POTUS, or American voters?

Preius

Rookie
Oct 6, 2011
Southern California
If the U. S. found itself in a position like Egypt where the people wanted to exercise the freedom under the Declaration of Independence to 'alter or abolish' America's economic system and remove the influence of money and lobbyists in our Republic do you think the U. S. military would;

1). Take the side of Wall Street.

2). Do whatever the Commander in Chief told them to do.

3). Like Egypt, the military would lean toward change while supporting our existing government.

4). Lean toward change because the gridlock of Wall Street and politics hurts the military also.

5). Other

History shows all of the above have occurred in the past world history. While I do not know, I am aware that there are members here om USMB with strong military backgrounds who might shed some light on the subject. My guess is that U. S. military personnel are suffering along with their fellow citizens, but the military also remembers lessons related to Patton, MacArthur, and Haig, and they also remain loyal to their oaths of service.

I am aware that when politics meets the military it can cause strange problems, but I am only seeking general individual opinions in our anonymous forum, not the policy of the joint chiefs. Though if the joint chiefs have a policy and we are allowed to know it, it would be most welcome.

Please do not associate this question with any anti-American influence.

Last edited:
If the U. S. found itself in a position like Egypt where the people wanted to exercise the freedom under the Declaration of Independence to 'alter or abolish' America's economic system and remove the influence of money and lobbyists in our Republic do you think the U. S. military would;

3). Like Egypt, the military would lean toward change while supporting our existing government.

4). Lean toward change because the gridlock of Wall Street and politics hurts the military also.

5). Other

History shows all of the above have occurred in the past world history. While I do not know, I am aware that there are members here om USMB with strong military backgrounds who might shed some light on the subject. My guess is that U. S. military personnel are suffering along with their fellow citizens, but the military also remembers lessons related to Patton, MacArthur, and Haig, and they also remain loyal to their oaths of service.

I am aware that when politics meets the military it can cause strange problems, but I am only seeking general individual opinions in our anonymous forum, not the policy of the joint chiefs. Though if the joint chiefs have a policy and we are allowed to know it, it would be most welcome.

If you had ever enlisted and taken the oath you would not have to ask.

• Banned

5). Other

If you had ever enlisted and taken the oath you would not have to ask.

Which I have not, so I am asking. The soldiers in King Louis XVI's army swore an oath to the crown, but supported the starving citizens against the King and allowed citizens in to rampage the Palace at Versailles, and eventually guillotine the King and the Queen.

I hear we have soldiers in the U. S. Armed forces who must have food stamps in order to survive............... Soldiers are CITIZENS too and must survive in the real world like the rest of us.

Doctor's take oaths too, but I have never heard of a doctor on food stamps. Soldiers are prepared to die for their country, but it appears rare that a doctor to die in an operating room.

Story.jpg

Last edited:
wtf?
to abolish or alter AMERICAS ECONOMIC SYSTEM..

we are really starting to get a glimpse of what the so called "movement" is really ABOUT people.

If Obama declared martial law within the constitutional guidelines, then I have faith that our military would follow orders.

For what good damn reason would Obama have to declare martial law OVER THIS MOVEMENT or anything else for that matter?

Just WHY is this question being asked?

• Banned
wtf?

we are really starting to get a glimpse of what the so called "movement" is really ABOUT people.

Sorry, but I am making no statement about any movement, well maybe the Tea Party, but there is a slim chance of that.

All I have posted is that the founders of this country thought it was VERY important to state in writing in the Declaration of Independence that we have the right to 'alter or abolish' our form of government. Why would that be scary? Remember who signed that declaration, liberal Thomas Jefferson, conservative John Adams, conservative southern aristocrat John Rutledge from South Carolina, the great Benjamin Franklin, and the leaders from all 13 colonies. These men hammered out the exact wording of that document for weeks until they all agreed unanimously. Imagine how difficult that had to be. Are you saying our founding fathers were wrong?

The Declaration of Independence

"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form,"

Last edited:
This is, of course, nothing but a meaningless troll thread started by a predictable, repetitive, mentally impaired asswipe.

wtf?

Sorry, but I am making no statement about any movement, well maybe the Tea Party, but there is a slim chance of that.

All I have posted is that the founders of this country thought it was VERY important to state in writing in the Declaration of Independence that we have the right to 'alter or abolish' our form of government. Why would that be scary? Remember who signed that declaration, liberal Thomas Jefferson, conservative John Adams, conservative southern aristocrat John Rutledge from South Carolina, the great Benjamin Franklin, and the leaders from all 13 colonies. These men hammered out the exact wording of that document for weeks until they all agreed unanimously. Imagine how difficult that had to be. Are you saying our founding fathers were wrong?

Oh really, you made no statement about any movement.

your posting..

5). Other

If the U. S. found itself in a position like Egypt where the people wanted to exercise the freedom under the Declaration of Independence to 'alter or abolish' America's economic system and remove the influence of money and lobbyists in our Republic do you think the U. S. military would…

Such a situation would never manifest in the United States since governments similar to Egypt are not subject to the rule of law.

Otherwise Ex Parte Mulligan (1866) established the criteria by which marshal law may be declared. But it’s highly unlikely the courts won’t be functioning in a given jurisdiction per the scenario you created.

This is, of course, nothing but a meaningless troll thread started by a predictable, repetitive, mentally impaired asswipe.

Most interesting, I quote the Declaration of Independence word for word and immediately receive accelerated name-calling. Very telling........

The OP of this thread is really quite simple. Is anyone having a problem understanding? Sometimes I tend to get a verbally complex.

What would the troops do in case of insurrection by the OWS movement? Put it down.

These people are nothing more than malcontents that want Government to pay their bills and give them a living.

Martial law is not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, but the suspension of habeas corpus is mentioned in Article 1, Section 9, and the activation of the militia in time of rebellion or invasion is mentioned in Article 1, Section 8.

Constitutional Topic: Martial Law - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I see....

Does that mean this section of the Declaration of Independence is wrong, Should I contact a Constitutional attorney for adivice. Someone with the credentials of.......lets say..... Barry Obama?

"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form,"

Just trying to get this clear. Maybe some military experts will contribute here.

The OP is really just a shameless emo attention whore begging as usual.

Martial law is not explicitly mentioned in the Constitution, but the suspension of habeas corpus is mentioned in Article 1, Section 9, and the activation of the militia in time of rebellion or invasion is mentioned in Article 1, Section 8.

Constitutional Topic: Martial Law - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I see....

Does that mean this section of the Declaration of Independence is wrong, Should I contact a Constitutional attorney for adivice. Someone with the credentials of.......lets say..... Barry Obama?

Just trying to get this clear. Maybe some military experts will contribute here.

the declaration of independence is not law.

I see....

You might as well contact Obama since he is the leader of your movement.

I see....

The Constitution not the declaration of Independence governs this Country. Anyone is free to attempt a rebellion but if it is the OWS crowd the military will put it down. These people are malcontents that want the rule of law eliminated, the Government to support them cradle to grave, to pay their debts and to give them jobs. They advocate direct democracy which does not work on any large scale.

wtf?

Oh really, you made no statement about any movement.

your posting..

5). Other

Well, that was certainly not my intention, but I can see how you viewed things that way. I am a capitalist, a social liberal, but a fiscal moderate. For God sake I am an Eagle Scout, I have lived my life by the principles of Americanism. I work in Advertising, you can't get more big business than a national advertising agency. I own stock in John Deere and Kroger for Christ sake.

There are many threads these days about Wall Street. I have generated some examples that I thought would encourage posters to my OP. I mean....my gosh....there are posters here that are FAR MORE conservative than I. I would think they would be upholding the Declaration to the letter of each word, and support me in my question.

Having a little problem with the Declaration of Independence are we, Stephanie? How can I help you?

Forum List

Back