Pure Unadulterated Racism

PURE UNADULTERED RACISM

The President of the United States cannot say what I’m going to say. I am going to say it loud so that it resounds all over this land.

Racists, racists, racists! Racism is alive and SICK in America. Racial hatred is alive and SICK in America.

Can I prove it? Yes, I can.

I am 81 years old so I have lived through 13 administrations of presidencies: some weak and ineffective, some strong and yet neglectful; and yet a few, passionate, caring and humane.

These Republicans and Libertarians today are still fighting the Civil War! There is Texas where the governor is Republican Rick Perry. This Southern state wants to engrave the Confederate flag on the license plates of all the citizens in the state. There are Southern boards of education including, but not limited to Tennessee, Texas and Virginia who want to rewrite the text books either to omit slavery or to revise and rearrange history to fit their biased views. These three states all have Republican governors.

The Tea Party, a group of extreme right-wing conservative theorists are among the proponents of this revisionist, altered version of American history. There are those semi-literate legislators, like Republican Congresswoman Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, who say the Founding Fathers fought to eliminate slavery. There’s a Southern governor, Republican Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi, who knows nothing about slavery and racial tensions in the South.

Ignorant! Yes, that’s a part of it; but, the main thing is their psyche. Taught at an early age to look down upon and to hate people of African descent, this hatred is buried deep, deep, within the throes of every fabric and fiber of their beings. Just as a light- weight object put into a glass of water will float to the top, no matter how long racism has been festering in their bodies, confronted with a president of African descent, the covert racism rises to the top. All of the subliminal messages weighing them down for years since infancy, now surface; and unabashedly, they would rather see this Nation, this Democratic Republic crumble as long as they can blame this Black man and cause his Waterloo! This is not my position. This is not my inference. This is exactly what some of these racists legislators have said. There is concrete evidence that they said it. I don’t have to make it up or falsify what they said, it is there on video preserved for the lifetime of this Nation, for the whole world to see that a group of racist legislators, like Republican Congressman Mitch McConnell, are so determined to make the presidency of President Barack Obama, a one-term presidency that they frankly, as Rhett Butler said, …don’t give a damn....”
Of COURSE you're going to disagree with her.

That won't make her any less right.

You agreeing with her will not make her right.

Lots of extremist opinion in the piece which is hard to argue with. I mean how do you argue with an 81-year-old woman? Her opinion is her opinion. She's from another time. She seems hateful to me, but it's her opinion.

I don't really care to sort through the lines of emotion and venom to try to find the few fact-checkable statements she made. However, this stood out to me as a false statement:

"This Southern state [Texas] wants to engrave the Confederate flag on the license plates of all the citizens in the state."

PURE UNADULTERED RACISM

The President of the United States cannot say what I’m going to say. I am going to say it loud so that it resounds all over this land.

Racists, racists, racists! Racism is alive and SICK in America. Racial hatred is alive and SICK in America.

I am 81 years old so I have lived through 13 administrations of presidencies: some weak and ineffective, some strong and yet neglectful; and yet a few, passionate, caring and humane.

These Republicans and Libertarians today are still fighting the Civil War! There is Texas where the governor is Republican Rick Perry. This Southern state wants to engrave the Confederate flag on the license plates of all the citizens in the state. There are Southern boards of education including, but not limited to Tennessee, Texas and Virginia who want to rewrite the text books either to omit slavery or to revise and rearrange history to fit their biased views. These three states all have Republican governors.

The Tea Party, a group of extreme right-wing conservative theorists are among the proponents of this revisionist, altered version of American history. There are those semi-literate legislators, like Republican Congresswoman Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, who say the Founding Fathers fought to eliminate slavery. There’s a Southern governor, Republican Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi, who knows nothing about slavery and racial tensions in the South.

Ignorant! Yes, that’s a part of it; but, the main thing is their psyche. Taught at an early age to look down upon and to hate people of African descent, this hatred is buried deep, deep, within the throes of every fabric and fiber of their beings. Just as a light- weight object put into a glass of water will float to the top, no matter how long racism has been festering in their bodies, confronted with a president of African descent, the covert racism rises to the top. All of the subliminal messages weighing them down for years since infancy, now surface; and unabashedly, they would rather see this Nation, this Democratic Republic crumble as long as they can blame this Black man and cause his Waterloo! This is not my position. This is not my inference. This is exactly what some of these racists legislators have said. There is concrete evidence that they said it. I don’t have to make it up or falsify what they said, it is there on video preserved for the lifetime of this Nation, for the whole world to see that a group of racist legislators, like Republican Congressman Mitch McConnell, are so determined to make the presidency of President Barack Obama, a one-term presidency that they frankly, as Rhett Butler said, …don’t give a damn....”

You agreeing with her will not make her right.

And you disagreeing with her will not make her wrong.

The author has quite a pedigree. Southern lady born to rich daddy and sent to white schools. I could never quite understand "white guilt"; but it seems like this woman is suffering from "black guilt". She was privileged; and it wasn't because of her skin color. Projecting perhaps? It happens.

Her problem is with class structure; not race. Shame she hasn't figured that out yet.

PURE UNADULTERED RACISM

Well, that was a steaming load of subjective nonsense, and your illogical 'disclaimer' destroyed any argument you thought you were making right from the outset.

[

Evolution programmed racial groups to be wary of each other.

Evolution seems to have stopped for some at right about the 'almost walking upright' stage. Recognition of superficial physical differences does not equate to any particular conclusions based on said recognition, you fucking stupid cave-dweller.

PURE UNADULTERED RACISM

Thank You Congresswoman Lee......

Yeah, this nation has plenty of people obsessed with race.

Not quite so badly as this website would lead us to believe, of course, but certainly race is still an issue on the minds of many of us.

Who brings up RACE all the time?

Liberals, Democrats

It's their BREAD AND BUTTER.

I bet ALL THE WHITE people who voted for Obama never dreamt THEY would be a target for all this hatred.

Last edited:
she blames everyone but blacks for their problems...very few blacks will address the problems of the 'black culture' are young black men unemployed due to racism or due to their lack of education and lack of manners? you may laugh but good manners will open doors for you....or is it the damn names they give their kids.....you go to love the names no one can pronounce or spell...how do women who cant afford shoes for their kids afford hair extensions? sure there is racism...its human nature....

it is much easier to blame outside influences for ones failures than to really look insides ones own culture and find failures

Posted on September 18, 2011 by John Hinderaker in Economy, Obama administration

Blinded By Ideology

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.), chairman of the Black Caucus, says that if Barack Obama were not the president, he and his colleagues would be marching on the White House:

Unhappy members of the Congressional Black Caucus “probably would be marching on the White House” if Obama were not president, according to CBC Chairman Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.).

“If [former President] Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House,” Cleaver told The Miami Herald in comments published Sunday. “There is a less-volatile reaction in the CBC because nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate the president.”

Cleaver is reacting to the fact that the Obama administration has been a disaster for African-Americans, among whom unemployment currently stands at 16.7 percent. The truth is that anyone who claims to represent African-Americans should be marching on the White House. Cleaver, unfortunately, can’t connect the dots. Blinded by his own liberal ideology, he can’t understand, or maybe just won’t admit, that what African-Americans need is something like the Reagan administration, which knew how to promote private sector growth. Leftism can work reasonably well for the powerful and the connected, but if you are starting out on the bottom, you need economic growth to give you a shot at prosperity. This fact seems rather obvious, but one of the tragedies of our era is that most African-American leaders either can’t figure it out, or perceive their own interests as lying elsewhere.

Blinded By Ideology | Power Line

People obsess about race here, but we are miles ahead of most other countries in that regard.

Bigotry usually occurs because of ignorance. Something is unknown and therefore it is distrusted, feared and even hated. This 81 year old woman's sweeping statements about the Tea Party makes it quite clear that she doesn't know people that are in the Tea Party movement and her ignorance causes her to be bigoted towards them.

Quite frankly, the whole..."anyone who confronts this President does so because they are racists" thing gets to be a little tired after it's been trotted out for the umpteenth time. Demanding fiscal sanity isn't racist.

Who brings up RACE all the time?

Liberals, Democrats

It's their BREAD AND BUTTER.

I bet ALL THE WHITE people who voted for Obama never dreamt THEY would be a target for all this hatred.

voting-for-obama-prove-youre-not-an-idiot-sign-2011.jpg

Funny how people will just blame the author rather than examine reality to see if there's any truth in her words.

And I don't mean "ha-ha", funny.

she blames everyone but blacks for their problems...very few blacks will address the problems of the 'black culture' are young black men unemployed due to racism or due to their lack of education and lack of manners? you may laugh but good manners will open doors for you....or is it the damn names they give their kids.....you go to love the names no one can pronounce or spell...how do women who cant afford shoes for their kids afford hair extensions? sure there is racism...its human nature....

it is much easier to blame outside influences for ones failures than to really look insides ones own culture and find failures

What culture?

Really..which one are you talking about? The one that grew from slavery? Or the one that grew from Jim Crow laws? Or the one that grew from being second class citizens?

Please identify it.

Because they were ALL the results of "outside influences".

Funny how people will just blame the author rather than examine reality to see if there's any truth in her words.

And I don't mean "ha-ha", funny.

I addressed it. It's hard to check the whole thing because there's just so much incoherent bile. What can you say to it?

You can't fact check opinions - you just have to roll with the hatred because you ain't gonna change an 81-year-old woman.

You can however fact check a claim about a license plate - which was one of the demonstrably false statements in the essay.

I take part of that back - I can fact check some opinions. "Congressman Mitch McConnell" a racist? LOL. What a pile of you know what. He's not a racist. Oh and by the way, his title is not "Congressman".

Helen Burleson is careless and ignorant and her essay is a steaming pile of troll poop. From top to bottom. The "only" reason China is challenging America as "the world's greatest power" is because of "pure unadulterated racism pervasive throughout this land"? How can you answer that kind of statement? It is simply ridiculous. Therefore we ridicule it.

But thank you for highlighting the kind of material you consider credible. This is useful to me as a relatively new poster to help me assess the type of debate I am likely to face from different people here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back