Purdue QBs have the most combined passing yards in the NFL

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
2nd is Notre Dame.

Washington and USC are also up there.

Ahead of Stanford, BYU, Miami, Michigan etc.

Learned this on the Sunday Night Game when they were trying to fill the time of the Saints-Colts game.

Drew Brees. I would take him over Elway. More accurate.

John Elway is the best quarterback in the HISTORY of the NFL. Period. Brees is much shorter than Elway. Brees is nowhere near as mobile as Elway was. Brees does not have anywhere near the arm strength that Elway did. If you think I am a Broncos fan, you would be dead wrong. I am a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, so I have every reason to HATE John Elway.

Purdue has been the "cradle of quarterbacks" for DECADES. Many Purdue QBs have played in the NFL. Brees, Orton, and Painter are current NFL/ex-Purdue QBs. Then there's Griese and Everett and Hermann and Phipps and Danielson and Dawson, and I'm sure I'm forgetting somebody.

SF 55 Denver 10 in SB

Montana PUNKED elway

nuff said

If you are a football fan, you should know better than to reduce ANY game down to a "one-on-one" showdown. Back in those days, Elway had no running game, and the Denver defense was average, at best. Plus they had Dan Reeves as their coach, who Elway hated.

What happened when Elway had Terrell Davis in the backfieldl, and a better defense? Two Super Bowl wins.

'Nuff said.

Forum List

Back