punishing north korea

just_sad

Oct 11, 2006
the hot boring middle east
i am sure there will be a punish for north korea sooner or later
but how this punishment will be ?

by cutting out food and medicine like they did to iraq befor the war
remember gas for food ?

how was that a punishment ... they were punishing iraq kids and old people who are sick by cutting off the food and medicine

wasnt that so unkind ?

anyway i hope this doesnt happen to north korea childern too ... its already happening i guess

but just how is by cutting a medicine and food is a punish for some fascist
:tdown2:

by cutting out food and median like they did to iraq befor the war
remember gas for food ?

how was that a punishment ... they were punishing iraq kids and old people who are sick by cutting off the food and medicine

wasnt that so unkind ?

anyway i hope this doesnt happen to north korea childern too ... its already happening i guess

but just how is by cutting a medicen and food is a punish for some fascist ?:cry:

There are advantages and disadvantages to imposing sanctions on a country. The technology blockade against South Africa was effective in defeating appartheid. But when you cut off necessary goods from a totolitarian society, things can get ugly. Take away food imports and what little food is left will most certainly go to the dictatorship. As you say, it hurts children more than dictators.

I guess the goal is that civil unrest will lead to a ligthening of policies or perhaps the economy will tumble to the point that Kim will have to relent.

remember gas for food ?

wasnt that so unkind ?

You're retarded premise forgets that it's not another country's responsibility to provide such things for a country. It is that country's responsibility. And if that country were truly out for the wellfare of their people, they wouldn't go around ostracizing those who provide for their people what they themselves can not.

Beyond any of that, however, is your naive assumption that the foreign aid was even making it to those poor, impoverished children in the first place.

Wake up.

remember gas for food ?

wasnt that so unkind ?

You are correct in this regard, JS. Sanctions against a coutnry run by a dicatator do nothing but hurt the people further. Especially when the sanctions are enforced by a corrupt organization like the the UN. The Oil for Food might be the worst human rights scandal in Western Civ of modern times and no one ever speaks of it. It's simply swept under the rug like no big deal because Kofi, France, Russia, Germany, China and Saddam made billions off of it. The sanctions wernt hurting Saddam. They were hurting the Iraqi people who werent seeing a sinlge gram of food from that program.

They need to punish the leader not the people.

Here's one way to fix it :)

Attachments

• $kimjonilsite.jpg
    $kimjonilsite.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 65
Here's one way to fix it :)

Too true. I fail to understand how we (meaning the international community) keep trying the same old stuff when it has failed time and again. Sanctions have not worked, appeasement has not worked and the much vaunted diplomacy ("give peace a chance") ploy is about a proven failure as you can get. If we rule out military action or intervention, what other options are there that WORK? Assassination seems to have been ruled out as well. It appears to mw that the world's governments have lost the stomach/discipline/foresight to do what needs to be done and, in fact, goes out of its way to tie its own hands behind its back when engaging the current crop of despots, tyrants, terrorists and just about everyother perverted crackpot that raises his/her ugly little head.

I agree with Mr dmp.. Why don't we send some CIA operatives who look like Communists or the secret Delta Force to snipe Mr Kim in the balls???:dev1:

Akshay

You're retarded premise forgets that it's not another country's responsibility to provide such things for a country. It is that country's responsibility. And if that country were truly out for the wellfare of their people, they wouldn't go around ostracizing those who provide for their people what they themselves can not.

Beyond any of that, however, is your naive assumption that the foreign aid was even making it to those poor, impoverished children in the first place.

Wake up.

do you know what happened to iraq after 1990 ? ..... u the retarded..
after all this punishments by the UN....a lot of iraq children died by hunger and lake of medicine
beside you cant kill children by hunger so you could press on a dictator because thats just stupid the dictator wouldnt care

anyway thats my point maybe i am wrong but i dont think punishing countries by cut aids is the smartest thing to do

anyway thats my point maybe i am wrong but i dont think punishing countries by cut aids is the smartest thing to do

You ARE wrong. You're wrong because those deaths fall SQUARELY upon the shoulders of Saddam and his policies AND the UN for their immoral handling of oil-for-food.

do you know what happened to iraq after 1990 ?
Yes.
..... u the retarded..
Incorrect.
after all this punishments by the UN....a lot of iraq children died by hunger and lake of medicine
And that is in NO WAY anyone's fault but Iraq's. My country giving out foreign aid is a priviledge. Not a right. The fact is, my country has been SO generous over the years that people like yourself have begun to confuse it's status as a priviledge for a right. Please wake up.
beside you cant kill children by hunger so you could press on a dictator because thats just stupid the dictator wouldnt care
Of course. But I bet all those starving people would. A country unwilling to stand up for itself against a dictator probably deserves the dictator. A country unable to stand up for itself against a dictator (but tries nonetheless) is deserving of our support. Usually.
The smartest thing to do is place blame on the country that needs to be punished, and not on those trying to do the punishing. The former requires larger stones than the latter, however.

I agree a country unwilling to stand up for itself aginst a dictator is kind of bad. Look at the Jim Jones situation back in the late 70's. He had a group opf followers and he forced them into commiting suicide. I mean think about grown men and women with no sense what-so-ever killed themselves and their children.

remember gas for food ?

wasnt that so unkind ?

Shut the fuck up you bleeding heart piece of shit.

f.u:whip3:

Lol, nice one!:sleepy1:

Anyway, its a simple battle of us vs them, our children or their children and I prefer our children. If that douchebag Kim wants his country to move forward give up the fucking nukes and all the technology or first we embargo and if that doesn't work we bomb that country back to one big rice paddy.

Its as simple as that.

Lol, nice one!:sleepy1:

Anyway, its a simple battle of us vs them, our children or their children and I prefer our children. If that douchebag Kim wants his country to move forward give up the fucking nukes and all the technology or first we embargo and if that doesn't work we bomb that country back to one big rice paddy.

Its as simple as that.

You got lucky. He usually gives me the "no, you're a (whatever I called him)" as a response. Looks like he at least went for something original in your case.

New Topics

Forum List

Back