Pumpkin spice...

konradv

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2010
Baltimore adjacent
Good idea?

pumpspice.jpg

I was watching a Food Network show about Cinncinnatti Chili, which they serve over spaghetti. I didn't have everything it called for, but I added cinnamon to my chili and it was DELICIOUS. I was really dubious but really, you should try it. Maybe it would be a different way to make a spaghetti sauce, too.

I was watching a Food Network show about Cinncinnatti Chili, which they serve over spaghetti. I didn't have everything it called for, but I added cinnamon to my chili and it was DELICIOUS. I was really dubious but really, you should try it. Maybe it would be a different way to make a spaghetti sauce, too.

I think this would work, absolutely.

I grew up in northern Ohio. It was well known that on the second day of chili, you don't serve it as chili. You serve it as "chili-ghetti". I always add tomato sauce to the mix because I like my pasta to have enough sauce, but I know Ohioans who don't. And yes indeed, my parents called this "chili-ghetti". Although I don't live in Ohio now, my family is well-acquainted with this dish and loves it for leftovers!

I think cinnamon would be a nice addition, especially on the second day over pasta.

I grew up in northern Ohio. It was well known that on the second day of chili, you don't serve it as chili. You serve it as "chili-ghetti". I always add tomato sauce to the mix because I like my pasta to have enough sauce, but I know Ohioans who don't. And yes indeed, my parents called this "chili-ghetti". Although I don't live in Ohio now, my family is well-acquainted with this dish and loves it for leftovers!

I think cinnamon would be a nice addition, especially on the second day over pasta.
Authentic Cincinnati Chili Recipe

I forgot about the chocolate. I added a few spoonfuls of unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder along with the cinnamon.

Authentic Cincinnati Chili Recipe

I forgot about the chocolate. I added a few spoonfuls of unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder along with the cinnamon.

I cheat...

Screenshot_20180915-192620_crop_386x461-289x345.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HZH7O0/?tag=ff0d01-20

Forum List

Back