Pullout will hit hardest in Germany

QUOTE:
"From the bottom of our hearts, we want the Americans to stay," said Christoph Zoerb, spokesman for the mayor of Giessen, home to 1,000 soldiers attached to the 1st Armored Division. "It's not just that our shops will lose business or 100 civil servants will lose their jobs. American soldiers . . . symbolize democracy for us."

Then what was the anti-American crap with the Iraq war all about? They are such hypocrites.They say they want us to stay, spend money in their country. But when it comes to helping us defeat terrorists and establish democracy in the Middle East, they jump out faster than the French in a bathtub with soap.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Then what was the anti-American crap with the Iraq war all about? They are such hypocrites.They say they want us to stay, spend money in their country. But when it comes to helping us defeat terrorists and establish democracy in the Middle East, they jump out faster than the French in a bathtub with soap.

Well Schreoder campainged on an anti-American sentiment as well as having support from many Germans. But I would suspect the people of this community did not see it that way. I still agree with the pullout however.

fuzzykitten99 said:
QUOTE:
"From the bottom of our hearts, we want the Americans to stay," said Christoph Zoerb, spokesman for the mayor of Giessen, home to 1,000 soldiers attached to the 1st Armored Division. "It's not just that our shops will lose business or 100 civil servants will lose their jobs. American soldiers . . . symbolize democracy for us."

:clap: :clap: :clap:

fuzzykitten99 said:
QUOTE:

Fuzzy you apparently do no speak German. I have a rudimentary knowledge of the language, so if I may, I'd like to interpret the statement for you.

"From the bottom of our hearts(wallets), we want the Americans to stay," said Christoph Zoerb, spokesman for the mayor of Giessen, home to 1,000 soldiers attached to the 1st Armored Division. "It's not just that our shops will lose business or 100 civil servants will lose their jobs. American soldiers (money) . . . symbolize democracy (profit margin) for us."

Ah yes, I love it. Kick em where it hurts - right in their wallet pocket. I've been to Germany too many times and heard the phrase "verdamten Amis" (damn Americans (slang)) too often not to take a bit of pleasure at their discomfiture.

Merlin1047 said:
Fuzzy you apparently do no speak German. I have a rudimentary knowledge of the language, so if I may, I'd like to interpret the statement for you.

"From the bottom of our hearts(wallets), we want the Americans to stay," said Christoph Zoerb, spokesman for the mayor of Giessen, home to 1,000 soldiers attached to the 1st Armored Division. "It's not just that our shops will lose business or 100 civil servants will lose their jobs. American soldiers (money) . . . symbolize democracy (profit margin) for us."

Ah yes, I love it. Kick em where it hurts - right in their wallet pocket. I've been to Germany too many times and heard the phrase "verdamten Amis" (damn Americans (slang)) too often not to take a bit of pleasure at their discomfiture.

I know enough to get my ass kicked in a german bar...my step-dad served over there for a while and he taught me how to swear in german when i was 10...(yeah, i know, nice parenting)

but i love your interperetation. thanks, cuz, i don't spit and foam at the mouth enough to learn the language.

I'm guessing 15,000 to Italy, and 30,000 to Eastern Europe, and 20,000 remaining in West Europe but not necessarily in Germany. The balance will go to the Middle East eventually.

Wild ass guess.

Forum List

Back