Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps was the title of my speech tonight

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
The bewilderment I saw in so many faces astounded me. I knew I had an audience that was "open to suggestion". I went on. I talked about what a difference one might make in the life of a child. That's a universal thing. I talked on about the difference we make in lives as we nurture our pets, our dogs, cats, and how some nurture their iguanas, pot-bellied pigs, gerbils, rabbits and how some can even directly effect the attitudes and life qualities of their fish. I'm satisfied it all made sense to more than a few of them, my audience.

I laid before them the historical propensities that mankind in general has to provide comfort and relief to those less fortunate than themselves. I explained, as best I know it to be, how propaganda clouds our natural generosity. In other words, I quite properly described Republicanism as it relates to fascism. I may have lost a few on that comparison but I'm quite happy that I got the attention of a few. In this case, I got the attention of many.

As a genuine US veteran, not one of those fake ones like some like to claim such, as a retired elected official but still active in the message of Democracy and true Freedom, I am quite proud of my speech tonight. My crowd was not hand-picked or scrutinized in any way. My crowd was just plain small town meeting type and yes they questioned me. I'm very proud that I both understood their questions and responded in a fashion with which they could relate.

Racism, sexism, nepotism, and the republican accusasions of classism will not be in vogue in 2004. Hopefully and thankfully we are above all that. Can you dig it?

Yep, there were one or two of those as well. Some just can't get beyond the media snippets they're being force fed. Another uh - ok isn't necessary. I truly understand your dilemma.

First, I am not your "pal" - you don't even know me.

Second - Somehow I think understanding escapes you the same as we are all Americans and though our idealologies may be different, we can discuss them in an objective manner seeking only what is best for the whole and not the individual or party. Even if that means compromise of postition. That also means we can poke a little fun at one another without becoming pompous asses (difficult concept for you I am sure).

Finally - Are you so naive that you make a post so ridculous as to not expect criticism? Not that uh-ok was anything so inflamatory for you to insinuate so lack of comprehension or understanding on my part. Disagreement on your position does not constitute lack of either of those qualities on my part.

OR - di you make that post before you decided not to make that post?

:asshole:

First: I actually felt sorry for you, and to a degree still do

Second: I fully understand Americanism as it relates to the diversities of our ideologies and cultures and religious constraints and the lack thereof.

Thirdly: Your demonstrated failure to understand anything I had to say is self-evident in your responses and I apologise for not recognizing your so juvenile sense of humor that you so eloquently express.

Fourthly: Certainly I expected critisism. Are you that stupid?

Fifthly: I advanced only only a recognition of what I thought to be endearment from you, i.e. pal. In true Republican fashion you ridicule and condemn the friendly gesture.

Sixthly: You're correct. I don't know you at all. And you don't know me either. Corresponding to your already demonstrated ignorant ideology, may I politely tell you to kiss my ass?

uh-ok

don't need your sympathy.

I understood what you had to say, thouhgt it sucked and simply replied "uh-ok". It was you that went off on a tirade or as you like to put it...in typical democratic fashion.

See the problem with you southpaws is that if anyone criticizes your position, it's a monumental catashtrophe. But when you grow up and can take the big bad "uh-ok" then it is you that might have understanding.

And I would politely kiss your ass if your head wasn't in the way.

Good evening.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
I explained, as best I know it to be, how propaganda clouds our natural generosity. In other words, I quite properly described Republicanism as it relates to fascism.

Racism, sexism, nepotism, and the republican accusasions of classism will not be in vogue in 2004. Hopefully and thankfully we are above all that. Can you dig it? [/B]

Wow... another Democrat with the same tired 'Republicans are facsists' speech. I'm not a bit surprised. Can't you guys come up something new?

And by the way, racism and sexism has not been in vogue for decades. But I'm sure that was your way of trying to bring up the same accusations of racism and sexism against the GOP. Thankfully, it's so old and unfounded that people tune those accusations out.

One more question: did you ask your audience if they could "dig it" last night? If so, did you get confused looks from everyone under 40?

I get a kick out of the real new newbies, like people in their first 30 posts who get sucked into one of Psycho's dumbass rant threads.

ATTENTION NEWBIES: Psycho is an admitted old alchoholic who pretty much only posts here in the late evenings when he's really loaded on Busch and whatever hallucinogen(sp?) he happens to have at the moment. You will never be able to get him to engage in civilized debate and if you corner him he'll simply run. Don't waste your keystrokes.

Originally posted by OCA
I get a kick out of the real new newbies, like people in their first 30 posts who get sucked into one of Psycho's dumbass rant threads.

ATTENTION NEWBIES: Psycho is an admitted old alchoholic who pretty much only posts here in the late evenings when he's really loaded on Busch and whatever hallucinogen(sp?) he happens to have at the moment. You will never be able to get him to engage in civilized debate and if you corner him he'll simply run. Don't waste your keystrokes.

Thanks, I figured out the "run away" part. The booze and halucanogens explain the rest. :)

[ultrasarcasm]What psycho ran away after making an assinine statement completely contradictorary towards reality? Thats not possible!!![/ultrasarcasm]

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Fact is PB, conservatives are the most generous people in this country, hands down. Liberals are generous with other people's money. Now who's the fascist?

Top 20 Most Generous States are Republican

There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as "caring" and "sensitive" because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he's willing to try to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he'll do good with his own money – if a gun is held to his head. – P.J. O'Rourke

Forum List

Back