Pull yourself up by your own bootstraps was the title of my speech tonight

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, May 26, 2004.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    The bewilderment I saw in so many faces astounded me. I knew I had an audience that was "open to suggestion". I went on. I talked about what a difference one might make in the life of a child. That's a universal thing. I talked on about the difference we make in lives as we nurture our pets, our dogs, cats, and how some nurture their iguanas, pot-bellied pigs, gerbils, rabbits and how some can even directly effect the attitudes and life qualities of their fish. I'm satisfied it all made sense to more than a few of them, my audience.

I laid before them the historical propensities that mankind in general has to provide comfort and relief to those less fortunate than themselves. I explained, as best I know it to be, how propaganda clouds our natural generosity. In other words, I quite properly described Republicanism as it relates to fascism. I may have lost a few on that comparison but I'm quite happy that I got the attention of a few. In this case, I got the attention of many.

As a genuine US veteran, not one of those fake ones like some like to claim such, as a retired elected official but still active in the message of Democracy and true Freedom, I am quite proud of my speech tonight. My crowd was not hand-picked or scrutinized in any way. My crowd was just plain small town meeting type and yes they questioned me. I'm very proud that I both understood their questions and responded in a fashion with which they could relate.

Racism, sexism, nepotism, and the republican accusasions of classism will not be in vogue in 2004. Hopefully and thankfully we are above all that. Can you dig it?

2. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    uh - ok

3. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Yep, there were one or two of those as well. Some just can't get beyond the media snippets they're being force fed. Another uh - ok isn't necessary. I truly understand your dilemma.

4. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    :rolleyes:

5. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Whatever works for you, pal. Like I said, " I truly understand".

6. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    First, I am not your "pal" - you don't even know me.

Second - Somehow I think understanding escapes you the same as we are all Americans and though our idealologies may be different, we can discuss them in an objective manner seeking only what is best for the whole and not the individual or party. Even if that means compromise of postition. That also means we can poke a little fun at one another without becoming pompous asses (difficult concept for you I am sure).

Finally - Are you so naive that you make a post so ridculous as to not expect criticism? Not that uh-ok was anything so inflamatory for you to insinuate so lack of comprehension or understanding on my part. Disagreement on your position does not constitute lack of either of those qualities on my part.

OR - di you make that post before you decided not to make that post?

:asshole:

7. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    First: I actually felt sorry for you, and to a degree still do

Second: I fully understand Americanism as it relates to the diversities of our ideologies and cultures and religious constraints and the lack thereof.

Thirdly: Your demonstrated failure to understand anything I had to say is self-evident in your responses and I apologise for not recognizing your so juvenile sense of humor that you so eloquently express.

Fourthly: Certainly I expected critisism. Are you that stupid?

Fifthly: I advanced only only a recognition of what I thought to be endearment from you, i.e. pal. In true Republican fashion you ridicule and condemn the friendly gesture.

Sixthly: You're correct. I don't know you at all. And you don't know me either. Corresponding to your already demonstrated ignorant ideology, may I politely tell you to kiss my ass?

8. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    uh-ok

don't need your sympathy.

I understood what you had to say, thouhgt it sucked and simply replied "uh-ok". It was you that went off on a tirade or as you like to put it...in typical democratic fashion.

See the problem with you southpaws is that if anyone criticizes your position, it's a monumental catashtrophe. But when you grow up and can take the big bad "uh-ok" then it is you that might have understanding.

And I would politely kiss your ass if your head wasn't in the way.

Good evening.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Wow... another Democrat with the same tired 'Republicans are facsists' speech. I'm not a bit surprised. Can't you guys come up something new?

And by the way, racism and sexism has not been in vogue for decades. But I'm sure that was your way of trying to bring up the same accusations of racism and sexism against the GOP. Thankfully, it's so old and unfounded that people tune those accusations out.

One more question: did you ask your audience if they could "dig it" last night? If so, did you get confused looks from everyone under 40?

10. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301