Pull your pants down and grease up..F&F cost to taxpayer.

$363 billion, huh?
Let me help put that into perspective. This number is twice what we have already spent to bail them out.
Wow.
Massive gov't spending will continue.
Please resume your normal activities.
That is all.

Hmmm..... We are #37 in heath care, and spend more per citizen than any other nation. In fact, many other nations spend only half of what we do, and have far better results.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4[/ame]

Fannie and Freddie caused the bubble.

F & F, Goldman Sachs, Chase, Wells Fargo, Bear Stearns, Lehmann Bros Merrill Lynch all got caught in the down draft.

Some private Co's got bail outs and paid it back, others got liquidated, but the companies that caused it are still sucking capital.

Does any of this make sense?

F & F, Goldman Sachs, Chase, Wells Fargo, Bear Stearns, Lehmann Bros Merrill Lynch all got caught in the down draft.

Some private Co's got bail outs and paid it back, others got liquidated, but the companies that caused it are still sucking capital.

If you are a liberal, not only does it make sense - but it is still the right way to do things

If you are a liberal, not only does it make sense - but it is still the right way to do things

Well it was on the repub watch where this all went out of control. The big explosion is subprime debt was in 2004-2006, and it was the repubs who had control of the house, senate and white house, and stood around contemplating their navels while the nation was going in the crapper. The repubs should have controlled F&F, but they failed to do so. The dems were not helpful, but the repubs had the controls.

What is with right wingers and anal sex imagery? Do y'all get turned on by that kind of talk and/or do you like sticking things in the old hersey hole?

Read and weep.
This is based on worst case, so I figure add another 20% and that will be the real case.

Fannie, Freddie May Draw $363 Billion, FHFA Says - Bloomberg

the money shot, from your link-

Under the best-case scenario, which assumes a strong near- term recovery in the housing market,

there will be NO recovery until the gov. via Hamp and the rest of the trash the gov. is pushing around trying to avoid, and put off the real crash, discounts etc. is stopped, this number, 360 billion is as you allude, a low-ball.

Last edited:
Hmmm..... We are #37 in heath care, and spend more per citizen than any other nation. In fact, many other nations spend only half of what we do, and have far better results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4

37? :lol::lol:thats really to much, common sense reasoning logic alone precludes that bologna..but hey, why employee common sense now, its over unless we starve the beast.

Buckle up, because whatever satisfaction as to the care citizens get here now will be the high point, I don't give 2 do do's what WHO or any of their sisters put out, if they were honest, I might. They have turned the HC debate globally into another Climate gate.

The fact is we will drag down care which the clear majority think is top notch to placate, at Progs behest, those that don't have the same opinion, so it can be.................wait for it........................"fair".

Well it was on the repub watch where this all went out of control. The big explosion is subprime debt was in 2004-2006, and it was the repubs who had control of the house, senate and white house, and stood around contemplating their navels while the nation was going in the crapper. The repubs should have controlled F&F, but they failed to do so. The dems were not helpful, but the repubs had the controls.

"not helpful"..yes that not a mouthful.....fail.

The repubs held a majority in the house and in the senate from 1994 to 2006, and from 2001 to 2008 they held the white house also. That's a fact.

The subprime lending exploded upward in 2004 to 2006, on the repub watch. Fact.

While subprime lending was exploding upward from 2004 to 2006, which was while the repubs held the majority in the house, senate, and held the white house, no bill was passed to control or limit Fannie and Freddie, although there much discussion that this was needed. That's a fact.

The republicans failed and they allowed a housing bubble to be created, which burst and caused a banking crisis after the repubs failed to regulate the banks, especially the biggest banks. That's a fact.

Rather than just telling me I failed, do you have any facts that are supported by creditable sources?

Read and weep.
This is based on worst case, so I figure add another 20% and that will be the real case.

Fannie, Freddie May Draw $363 Billion, FHFA Says - Bloomberg

That is $1200/American to subsidize the biggest banks.

So much for that idea that a mere $30 billion in TARP losses saved us from econ Armageddon. Whatever that is. Does it feature unemployment higher than 9.7% and underemployment above 20%? Does it feature an even higher bankruptcy rate, or an even high mortgage default rate? Does it mire us in even deeper debt than we are in now?

Why is it that in my numerous years in political forums and discussing economics with people in the real world - conservatives will not hesitate to speak against Republicans especially in economic matters - but liberals simply will not even recognize that the Democrat party played a major role in this mess?

Is there some kind of mental block when it comes to economics with liberals?

Why is it that in my numerous years in political forums and discussing economics with people in the real world - conservatives will not hesitate to speak against Republicans especially in economic matters - but liberals simply will not even recognize that the Democrat party played a major role in this mess?

Is there some kind of mental block when it comes to economics with liberals?

I am neither a republican or a librul and i often observe exactly the opposite behaviors.

Go figure.

The repubs held a majority in the house and in the senate from 1994 to 2006, and from 2001 to 2008 they held the white house also. That's a fact.

The subprime lending exploded upward in 2004 to 2006, on the repub watch. Fact.

While subprime lending was exploding upward from 2004 to 2006, which was while the repubs held the majority in the house, senate, and held the white house, no bill was passed to control or limit Fannie and Freddie, although there much discussion that this was needed. That's a fact.

The republicans failed and they allowed a housing bubble to be created, which burst and caused a banking crisis after the repubs failed to regulate the banks, especially the biggest banks. That's a fact.

Rather than just telling me I failed, do you have any facts that are supported by creditable sources?

You're just another one with zero critical thinking skills, becasue you let others do it for you and swallow it.

you don't get to create the boundaries of the time-line so its convenient for you either...unless of course this is what you have been told and then, so shall you believe......

so a rep congress with a rep. president leaves the reps on the hook, a rep congress with a dem president its reps fault again, a rep president with a dem congress? whats that? and a dem congress with a dem president?

yea, I thought so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back