pull the plug or no.........

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
well....it has hit home

wife has power of attorney, she has power of medical decissions and her father has a dnr....

he is faced with terminal brain cancer.....alzheimers and tremendous pain.....
he is 90+

she is at her wits end

manu1959 said:
well....it has hit home

wife has power of attorney, she has power of medical decissions and her father has a dnr....

he is faced with terminal brain cancer.....alzheimers and tremendous pain.....
he is 90+

she is at her wits end

My brother and I shared the medical power of attorney for my mom and do so with my dad. My mom had a DNR for like 15 hospitalizations, at the end, they still called and we had to say, 'No.' She didn't want anymore. 3 major strokes, god knows how many mini-strokes, 2 broken hips. Through it all, she was cognizant enough to keep up with news, till the weekend before she died. That's a pretty hard deal to say, 'no more.'

Now we face a different scenario with my dad, no strokes. He's getting up there though. Has a pacemaker, which we all agreed should NOT have a defibrillator built in. Guess what they put in? Anyhow, time will tell and God will not be overruled.

Kathianne said:
My brother and I shared the medical power of attorney for my mom and do so with my dad. My mom had a DNR for like 15 hospitalizations, at the end, they still called and we had to say, 'No.' She didn't want anymore. 3 major strokes, god knows how many mini-strokes, 2 broken hips. Through it all, she was cognizant enough to keep up with news, till the weekend before she died. That's a pretty hard deal to say, 'no more.'

Now we face a different scenario with my dad, no strokes. He's getting up there though. Has a pacemaker, which we all agreed should NOT have a defibrillator built in. Guess what they put in? Anyhow, time will tell and God will not be overruled.

may god be with you

Kathianne said:

That says it all!!

Forum List

Back