Puerto Rico caused their own power loss

A major reason that Texas is in such bad shape is that most of the people whose homes and belongings were damaged or destroyed did not have enough common sense to buy flood insurance:

Why 85% of Houston homeowners have no flood insurance
Yet your link somehow neglects to mention lack of common sense as a cause. Perhaps you meant disposable income? See,
More than 50% of Houston’s homes in “high” and “moderate” flood risk areas are not in designated flood zones, according to CoreLogic, a property information company.
Not being in a designated flood zone means you get no govt help to pay even more of your hard earned money on artificially inflated, risky private flood insurance schemes. That is, given any is even being offered. After all, private insurers are there sucking on all the available govt teats long before any homeowner can get a dribble.

Grum, I have seen some ignorant posts in my time, but you take the cake. Flood insurance is insured by FEMA, not a private insurer. My flood insurance check from FEMA after Katrina for $60,000 did not have a private insurance company's name on it. Also, not being in a designated flood zone simply means that you are not REQUIRED to have insurance by your mortgage company. Since my car is paid for, i am not REQUIRED to have collision insurance on it, but I have enough common sense to buy it anyway.
Ignorant is as ignorant does. I provided a link to help inform you and support my statement. You return spewing personal insult and ancient corporate insurance propaganda. Who'd you write your checks to when you paid your flood insurance premiums? Wasn't FEMA, correct? When you crash your car does FEMA send you a check or the car insurance company? What's wrong with this picture, son? We all pay premiums to FEMA. They're called taxes. Your flood insurance checks mostly went into some billionaire's pocket. You (and we) got bupkis from your investment. And what have you learned? Nothing. You still recommend others just keep playing the game as if nothing were horribly wrong with this picture. Your peers must all simply lack common sense! Why, you little smartypants, you.

"Flood insurance is insured by FEMA, not a private insurer." - now THAT's hilarious! And ultimately correct, unfortunately. So who pushes this "Flood insurance" that relies upon govt bailouts upon everyone? FEMA and the corporate insurance oligopoly, of course! Make "common" sense? No. Well, now that Trump's in charge it's even dumber and more convoluted than ever. FEMA is now part of Homeland Security, yay!
This insurance is designed to provide an insurance alternative to disaster assistance to meet the escalating costs of repairing damage to buildings and their contents caused by floods.[1] As of April 2010, the program insured about 5.5 million homes, the majority of which were in Texas and Florida.[2] The insurance program as of 2017 operates at a loss and has been forced to borrow to fund the program.[3]
{snip}
According to critics of the program, the government's subsidized insurance plan "encouraged building, and rebuilding, in vulnerable coastal areas and floodplains."[15] Stephen Ellis, of the group Taxpayers for Common Sense, points to "properties that flooded 17 or 18 times that were still covered under the federal insurance program" without premiums going up.[15]
And who does FEMA currently claim backs this "flood insurance" Ponzi scheme? Who knows now, but just the other day they were tossing it all in the lap of the Small Business Administration. That's right. Yet another govt agency with a smiley name and good intent, now fully dedicated to redistributing everyone's wealth to the billionaires. Save your money. Move to higher ground.

A major reason that Texas is in such bad shape is that most of the people whose homes and belongings were damaged or destroyed did not have enough common sense to buy flood insurance:

Why 85% of Houston homeowners have no flood insurance
Yet your link somehow neglects to mention lack of common sense as a cause. Perhaps you meant disposable income? See,
More than 50% of Houston’s homes in “high” and “moderate” flood risk areas are not in designated flood zones, according to CoreLogic, a property information company.
Not being in a designated flood zone means you get no govt help to pay even more of your hard earned money on artificially inflated, risky private flood insurance schemes. That is, given any is even being offered. After all, private insurers are there sucking on all the available govt teats long before any homeowner can get a dribble.

Grum, I have seen some ignorant posts in my time, but you take the cake. Flood insurance is insured by FEMA, not a private insurer. My flood insurance check from FEMA after Katrina for $60,000 did not have a private insurance company's name on it. Also, not being in a designated flood zone simply means that you are not REQUIRED to have insurance by your mortgage company. Since my car is paid for, i am not REQUIRED to have collision insurance on it, but I have enough common sense to buy it anyway.
Ignorant is as ignorant does. I provided a link to help inform you and support my statement. You return spewing personal insult and ancient corporate insurance propaganda. Who'd you write your checks to when you paid your flood insurance premiums? Wasn't FEMA, correct? When you crash your car does FEMA send you a check or the car insurance company? What's wrong with this picture, son? We all pay premiums to FEMA. They're called taxes. Your flood insurance checks mostly went into some billionaire's pocket. You (and we) got bupkis from your investment. And what have you learned? Nothing. You still recommend others just keep playing the game as if nothing were horribly wrong with this picture. Your peers must all simply lack common sense! Why, you little smartypants, you.

"Flood insurance is insured by FEMA, not a private insurer." - now THAT's hilarious! And ultimately correct, unfortunately. So who pushes this "Flood insurance" that relies upon govt bailouts upon everyone? FEMA and the corporate insurance oligopoly, of course! Make "common" sense? No. Well, now that Trump's in charge it's even dumber and more convoluted than ever. FEMA is now part of Homeland Security, yay!
This insurance is designed to provide an insurance alternative to disaster assistance to meet the escalating costs of repairing damage to buildings and their contents caused by floods.[1] As of April 2010, the program insured about 5.5 million homes, the majority of which were in Texas and Florida.[2] The insurance program as of 2017 operates at a loss and has been forced to borrow to fund the program.[3]
{snip}
According to critics of the program, the government's subsidized insurance plan "encouraged building, and rebuilding, in vulnerable coastal areas and floodplains."[15] Stephen Ellis, of the group Taxpayers for Common Sense, points to "properties that flooded 17 or 18 times that were still covered under the federal insurance program" without premiums going up.[15]
And who does FEMA currently claim backs this "flood insurance" Ponzi scheme? Who knows now, but just the other day they were tossing it all in the lap of the Small Business Administration. That's right. Yet another govt agency with a smiley name and good intent, now fully dedicated to redistributing everyone's wealth to the billionaires. Save your money. Move to higher ground.

The paranoids are all out to get you, Grum.....

Forum List

Back