Pubs/potters scorn Sandy victims

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Hopefully this gives many of the big donors pause to think the next time they think about giving to the GOP

Japanese professor, students aid Sandy victims | The Japan Times Online

Just before Christmas nine volunteers — including Japanese university students based in the U.S. — donned suits, masks and gloves to rip down the walls of a hurricane damaged home, recalling how the catastrophic quake-tsunami disaster stuck their homeland almost two years ago.

"I am Japanese but I couldn't help out in Japan, so I was thrilled to be able to do something here," said Madoka Aramachi, a sophomore at LaGuardia Community College in Queens, New York City.

But, Americans turn their backs on their fellow countrymen.

Pork Holding Up Senate Sandy Relief Bill Funneled Into The Troughs Of GOP Deficit Hawks? You Betcha.

Why, you might ask, would the Senate be packing billions of taxpayer dollars for these areas of the country that are nowhere near the devastation brought about by superstorm Sandy into a bill designed to bring relief to those suffering from the storm that ripped the northeastern part of the nation?

And what happens when you buy off seven Republican senators with a package of goodies under the guise of storm relief supposedly meant to benefit two blue states?

You get yourself a filibuster proof piece of legislation.

Pork Holding Up Senate Sandy Relief Bill Funneled Into The Troughs Of GOP Deficit Hawks? You Betcha. - Forbes

Now before anyone starts throwing stones at the GOP over this they need to look at their own DNC "glass house hypocrisy". You might want to start with a detailed research into Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Chuck Schumers corporate relations.
Yup politics as usual.

In fairness to Boehner, they didn't exactly "scorn" the Hurricane Sandy victims. From what I heard, Boehner had a hard enough time getting his party behind him on a "fiscal cliff" vote, he didn't want to force a vote on any other spending - but he did make the Hurricane Sandy bill the first item of the new Congress. I don't think that is really so bad.

If this bill was passed with that much pork in it under a Republican President you lefties would raising holy hell about them and there payoffs to lobbyist and special interest but as long as it's a Democrat President your fine with pork in the bill far outstripping the actual aid for the victims of sandy.

http://www.politisite.com/2013/01/02/hurricane-sandy-pork-what-is-in-the-60-4b-sandy-relief-package/

The leftists LOVE the smell of PORK.

Every piece of legislation that crosses a Democrat's desk is slathered with BBQ sauce.

House Republicans scorn Sandy victims - NY Daily News

David Koch Now Taking Aim at Hurricane Sandy Victims | The Nation

On Sandy Relief Aid, Kansas House Delegation Votes Unanimously Against

Its not just the GObP that is splintering and falling apart. They are splitting the country apart. They want Americans to fail just as they want the country to fail.

Either that or these assholes are all working undercover for the Dems.

if they are then it looks like the people you think are so great.....are not.....to destroy the GOP they will fuck over the Sandy people......wonderful people you like Dudley.....

I am wondering just exactly where in the constitution it is the responsibility of the federal government to dispense charity. I can't find it.

By definition, the government can't dispense charity. Charity is voluntary. Our tax money isnt taken voluntarily.

btw. how much money did you guys who are complaining give? How much of your time did you give?

Pork Holding Up Senate Sandy Relief Bill Funneled Into The Troughs Of GOP Deficit Hawks? You Betcha.

Why, you might ask, would the Senate be packing billions of taxpayer dollars for these areas of the country that are nowhere near the devastation brought about by superstorm Sandy into a bill designed to bring relief to those suffering from the storm that ripped the northeastern part of the nation?

And what happens when you buy off seven Republican senators with a package of goodies under the guise of storm relief supposedly meant to benefit two blue states?

You get yourself a filibuster proof piece of legislation.

Pork Holding Up Senate Sandy Relief Bill Funneled Into The Troughs Of GOP Deficit Hawks? You Betcha. - Forbes

Now before anyone starts throwing stones at the GOP over this they need to look at their own DNC "glass house hypocrisy". You might want to start with a detailed research into Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Chuck Schumers corporate relations.
Yup politics as usual.
Nice. An opinion piece in Forbes by a right wing con tool by the name of Rick Unger. Maybe a quote from moveon is in order. but nah, I prefer to keep some semblance of integrity. Dipshit.

If this bill was passed with that much pork in it under a Republican President you lefties would raising holy hell about them and there payoffs to lobbyist and special interest but as long as it's a Democrat President your fine with pork in the bill far outstripping the actual aid for the victims of sandy.

http://www.politisite.com/2013/01/02/hurricane-sandy-pork-what-is-in-the-60-4b-sandy-relief-package/
And Blackhawk gets a propaganda piece from Politisite.com. Is it possible to find a more right wing bat shit crazy site. Nice job. So, is there some reason anyone should take you seriously??

btw. how much money did you guys who are complaining give? How much of your time did you give?
I pay taxes. I want my gov to cover the costs of this catastrophe. So, go make all the excuses you can. Not helping with our tax money is classless.

Do you want the bill to cover those costs to include a bunch of other, unrelated, spending of your tax dollars?

Well people, are you sick of this already?

The more we give the more we get shit on over it

I am wondering just exactly where in the constitution it is the responsibility of the federal government to dispense charity. I can't find it.

Because it ain't there. Charity isn't in the constitution. Loads of liberal idiots cite the GW clause to validate the social bs in this country.

The GW clause says to promote, not provide for the general welfare.

I doubt the FF's would approve of taking from one group to give to another. In fact those same FF had a hissy fit when someone wanted to give incoming French immigrants $10,000 to help them settle in their new country. The French helped us gain our independence and the FF didn't want to give the new immigrants a dime. Kinda shows you how they felt about charity.

As far as Sandy goes? Why should the taxpayers of America pay to rebuild homes because of a natural disaster?? There are loads of charities on site providing needed food, shelter and medical aide.

If you don't have flood insurance then tough shit. No way should the taxpayers be on the hook for rebuilding anything for anybody.

I live down here in Florida and believe me I know loads of folks who took FEMA money when they suffered no losses. One friend of mine took the money for groceries even though she and her hubby had a generator hooked up and lost nothing.

Loads of folks in Miami also took FEMA money even though they lost nothing. FEMA found out and I wonder how long it took them, if they ever did, to get that money back??

Just ask John Stossel how many times his 250,000 dollar home on the beach was rebuilt by we taxpayers??

In fairness to Boehner, they didn't exactly "scorn" the Hurricane Sandy victims. From what I heard, Boehner had a hard enough time getting his party behind him on a "fiscal cliff" vote, he didn't want to force a vote on any other spending - but he did make the Hurricane Sandy bill the first item of the new Congress. I don't think that is really so bad.

Now now...don't go piddling on the Liberals' GOP Bash fest.

Forum List

Back