Public Union Pension Plan Changes

I have nothing to be jealous of.

I own my own business and make about 6 times the salary of a state employee. I'm just sick of paying out the nose for deals made by corrupt politicians.

State employees in California make $10 million guaranteed by tax payers. Do you make $60 million guaranteed?

In 2009 the most recent data I found the National average of state employees salary was 50K

You will have to prove to me that the average California State employee earns 10 million

I have nothing to be jealous of.

I own my own business and make about 6 times the salary of a state employee. I'm just sick of paying out the nose for deals made by corrupt politicians.

State employees in California make $10 million guaranteed by tax payers. Do you make $60 million guaranteed?

In 2009 the most recent data I found the National average of state employees salary was 50K

You will have to prove to me that the average California State employee earns 10 million

They get paid more when they retire at 50 years old than when they are working. Will you get more when you retire at 50 years old?

$200,000/yr Lifeguards Get $3 Million for Retirement at Age 50

They get paid more when they retire at 50 years old than when they are working. Will you get more when you retire at 50 years old?

You need to look up the definitions of salary and average.

And my retirement savings is already in the 7 figures at age 47 not including the value of my business.

I think this is going to be a growing trend across America after what happened in Wi.

Long time coming. Unions are going to be reined in because the public can't afford them any longer.

Even FDR said PSU's were a BAD idea...

Even President Franklin Roosevelt, a friend of private-sector unionism, drew a line when it came to government workers: “Meticulous attention,” the president insisted in 1937, “should be paid to the special relations and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the Government….The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service.” The reason? F.D.R. believed that “[a] strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to obstruct the operations of government until their demands are satisfied. Such action looking toward the paralysis of government by those who have sworn to support it is unthinkable and intolerable.”

Worth recalling: FDR was no fan of public employee unions
Most public employee union members are not allowed to strike.

Its a sad state of affairs when the politicians can make these sweetheart deals with public sector unions. Its been going on for decades and the cost is coming home to roost.

The taxpayers are hurting in this crappy economy and the municipalities just can't meet the ridiculous obligations foisted on them by the politicians running things.

Cali, NY and NJ are prime examples.

Your going to see more and more Towns and Cities doing what San Diego has done.

No way around it and no reason why the public sector workers can't contribute to THEIR own pension and benifits packages.

FDR had it right. No way should there be public sector unions.

And my retirement savings is already in the 7 figures at age 47 not including the value of my business.

Uh....could I get a loan ???

:lol: :lol:

If this is really true....it is scary.

Uh....could I get a loan ???

:lol: :lol:

Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Polonius

Refer to my post. That is all this is about. Instead of demanding more you demand that everyone get less. Why?

Why should my tax dollars support a pension plan that does not exist in the free market?

I save my own money for retirement I don't expect a lifetime pension and quite frankly I don't think anyone deserves a guaranteed lifetime income.

You work, you save when you stop working you live on your savings. If you can't save enough to retire then you work as long as you have to.

Where in the world to you get the idea that someone owes you a pension?

uh Because thats what the state agreed to do. Thats your opinion but you're dragging everyone else down just because your jealous of the benes. 3rd sentence is great, walmart greeter positions flood the market! America!

You're jealous...thats all. Class Warfare is ugly

Jealous or tired of paying for them when we don't get them ourselves.

What makes them so special ?

They work for the people of the state. If they don't like what the people of the state have to offer.....they can suck on it just like you.

I think anyone who thinks pulling down union workers as a means of addressing pay differences is a moron.

Guess it's all in how you look at it. I don't see it as pulling down, I see it as a way to be able to meet the obligations the city has. Which they obviously can't the way things were.

Hmm. The city can't meet its legally agreed to obligations? Who's fault is that?

how do you think that happened? Public unions put politicians in place to give them those benefits. It's a huge conflict of interest. That's the problem with public sector unions, even FDR hated them and prevented public employees from being unionized. He did so because it's a scam and a classic conflict of interest.

It would be like in the private sector if I voted for who my boss was and then he gave me great benefits, but it doesnt work like that in private business, because I dont vote for my boss.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back