Public Shame - Yeah or Nay?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
An 18-year-old Virginia man who was caught shoplifting at a costume store has accepted a rather unusual punishment.

Andrew Perry, the owner of the Halloween Express costume store in Charlottesville, told the light-fingered teenager that he would not call the police - if instead the youth stood in front of the store with a sign saying he was caught shoplifting.

In a bizarre twist, Mr Perry also told the boy that he would have to dress as Sesame Street character Bert, as in Bert and Ernie.

Read more: Shoplifter in Halloween Express forced to hold sign out the front saying he got caught (while in costume, of course) | Mail Online
article-0-0B9ED8BD000005DC-983_468x345.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

An 18-year-old Virginia man who was caught shoplifting at a costume store has accepted a rather unusual punishment.

Andrew Perry, the owner of the Halloween Express costume store in Charlottesville, told the light-fingered teenager that he would not call the police - if instead the youth stood in front of the store with a sign saying he was caught shoplifting.

In a bizarre twist, Mr Perry also told the boy that he would have to dress as Sesame Street character Bert, as in Bert and Ernie.

Read more: Shoplifter in Halloween Express forced to hold sign out the front saying he got caught (while in costume, of course) | Mail Online
article-0-0B9ED8BD000005DC-983_468x345.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm a yeah on this one.. but that's about all I have to say...:eusa_eh:

Seems like a win/win. The store got free labor; the kid learned a lesson; and a lawyer for the kid would have cost his parents more than six hours of work.

He agreed to it, why not?

Judge orders thief to walk streets wearing confession sign for SIX years - Odds & Tidbits - People Forum

Judge orders thief to walk streets wearing confession sign for SIX years
A man who stole money from victims of crime has been ordered to stand on a busy city street with a sign saying he is a thief - every weekend for the next six years.

Daniel Mireles has been walking back and forth on Westheimer in Houston - in front of the Galleria shopping centre with a sign saying he is a thief.

In large capital letters, his sign reads: 'I am a thief. I stole $250,000 from the Harris County crime victim's fund. Daniel Mireles

he also has to have a sign on his house :thup:

Judge orders thief to walk streets wearing confession sign for SIX years - Odds & Tidbits - People Forum

A man who stole money from victims of crime has been ordered to stand on a busy city street with a sign saying he is a thief - every weekend for the next six years.

Daniel Mireles has been walking back and forth on Westheimer in Houston - in front of the Galleria shopping centre with a sign saying he is a thief.

In large capital letters, his sign reads: 'I am a thief. I stole $250,000 from the Harris County crime victim's fund. Daniel Mireles

Who was the judge in Tennessee that made the drunk driver carry a nice big framed photo of his victim everywhere he went? Anyone remember? It was a few years back.

I love alternative sentencing.

Who was the judge in Tennessee that made the drunk driver carry a nice big framed photo of his victim everywhere he went? Anyone remember? It was a few years back.

I do too. And think of the $$ saved by doing these kind of things.

It should be done more often imo.

I do too. And think of the $$ saved by doing these kind of things.

It should be done more often imo.

Too many mandatory sentencing guidelines are put on judges, unfortunately. But when they have wiggle room some of them use it. And good for them!

Why yall gotta humiliate ModBert like this? We all make mistakes.......... :rofl:

Forum List

Back