Public Schools Destroy Hearts and Minds

How you were created is not relevant, as you would have learned had you read the article.

Why would I read the article? You didn't make a point for me to argue against, so....

The point was in the article and the article was a reply to your claim that one could be both a collectivist and an individual.

Yeah, well if you're too lazy to put that up here, that's your problem. I'm not going to run around looking at stuff in something that someone has posted unless they actually make an argument in their post. There's too much bullshit to wade through on this site as it is.

If you choose to remain ignorant of my argument by being to lazy to read my link...

If you choose to not bother to tell people your stuff and just redirect them...... Am I debating with you, or the person who wrote the link you provided?

I could spend two hours writing something you probably wont read or, I can spend two minutes linking you to the same information which you refuse to read. So, what debate are you talking about if you wont take the time to read my side of it?

Why would I read the article? You didn't make a point for me to argue against, so....

The point was in the article and the article was a reply to your claim that one could be both a collectivist and an individual.

Yeah, well if you're too lazy to put that up here, that's your problem. I'm not going to run around looking at stuff in something that someone has posted unless they actually make an argument in their post. There's too much bullshit to wade through on this site as it is.

If you choose to remain ignorant of my argument by being to lazy to read my link...

If you choose to not bother to tell people your stuff and just redirect them...... Am I debating with you, or the person who wrote the link you provided?

I could spend two hours writing something you probably wont read or, I can spend two minutes linking you to the same information which you refuse to read. So, what debate are you talking about if you wont take the time to read my side of it?

No, I won't take the time to read the source you have provided because I don't see the point. Like I said, here is where you present your argument. Not on some other website. These are the rules, if you want to communicate with me, you put your argument here. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

No, I won't take the time to read the source you have provided because I don't see the point. Like I said, here is where you present your argument. Not on some other website. These are the rules, if you want to communicate with me, you put your argument here. It's not that hard to understand, is it?

A.) You don't make the rules; My thread, my rules. If you don't want to play like an adult, you're free to kick rocks.
B.) Again, I am not going to spend two hours typing something you are to lazy to read.

I dropped out of high school, so obviously I am not a fan of government education.

...My thread, my rules. ..

:lmao:

A.) You don't make the rules; My thread, my rules. If you don't want to play like an adult, you're free to kick rocks.
B.) Again, I am not going to spend two hours typing something you are to lazy to read.

So your rules, what are you going to do to enforce them? How are you going to communicate your position to me when I won't read your source unless you actually make your points in a thread? Oh, wait, you can't do shit. Well done, you've just spent 2 hours writing something and no one is reading it. Well done, thems your rules. Great.

Actually this is adult like, like I said, this forum is full of shit, I deal with it in my way. I have expectations of what people should do in order to get me to respond to their posts. If you don't want to meet those requirements then I don't respond. I have loads of people on the ignore list. It's not worth my time talking to everyone. So, I filter. You can either choose to play by the rules I set, and converse with me, or you choose not to, and you get ignored. Thems the rules.

Actually this is adult like, like I said, this forum is full of shit, I deal with it in my way. I have expectations of what people should do in order to get me to respond to their posts. If you don't want to meet those requirements then I don't respond.

Then shut up already.

So your rules, what are you going to do to enforce them? How are you going to communicate your position to me when I won't read your source unless you actually make your points in a thread? Oh, wait, you can't do shit. Well done, you've just spent 2 hours writing something and no one is reading it. Well done, thems your rules. Great.

Actually this is adult like, like I said, this forum is full of shit, I deal with it in my way. I have expectations of what people should do in order to get me to respond to their posts. If you don't want to meet those requirements then I don't respond. I have loads of people on the ignore list. It's not worth my time talking to everyone. So, I filter. You can either choose to play by the rules I set, and converse with me, or you choose not to, and you get ignored. Thems the rules.

I would very much appreciate being put on your special little ignore list.

Is true freedom anarchy?

Anarchy is an ideology and ideologies are hard to define in just one word.

And yet we have loads of people on such forums who will do just that.

You just said true freedom dies in schools. Very few works for something that isn't easy to define. However you could have attempted to answer my question instead of passing it off.

I could say, "Yes, true freedom is anarchy", but then I would have to define an interpretation of anarchy that would make it so.
I would need to justify the statement that "true freedom is anarchy" and I think it is impossible to do that and make it inclusive of every definition of anarchy in a few short paragraphs, if at all.

I did say, "It is in the schools where true freedom dies." By that I meant individuality is taken from the individual and a collectivist mindset is instilled. The belief in authority starts in the schools and stays with the collectivist until they either wake up to the fact that they are an individual who has a right to self ownership or they die.

True freedom is to own yourself and your actions and to be responsible for what you do or say. True freedom is not being controlled by other human beings. When others control you, you are not free - you are a slave.

Well, I think you're wrong.

The first reason I think you're wrong is because I know what a school that takes away individuality looks like, and it's not in America. It's in China where they're producing robots.

The second reason I think you're wrong is that you can teach collectivism and teach individuality at the same time.

Anarchy by it's very nature is both the most free and one of the least free ways of living. Freedom because you can do what you like whenever you like, and least free because other people can do what they like whenever they like, and chances are you aren't going to be top of that pile.

Freedom is a balance. It can never be total. People feel more free in countries where there is enough security. I've been to southern Africa, and at night you don't go walking around the streets, it's too dangerous. This isn't freedom. Go to Far East Asia and walking the streets at night is no problem in most areas. You still want to be careful, but that's life.

There are lots of things that make up freedom, the feeling of being free. A collective sense of community might be the result of that. Having people grow up into decent human beings, that understand the rules, that follow the rules makes people more free. Yes, they've been "indoctrinated", we all are, that is what society is, indoctrination into a certain way. Culture is a thing that the people do, because they've learned to do that thing, or appreciate something.
In China people love seeing hand written characters, I personally think it's boring. Why? Because it wasn't drilled into me as a kid.

I've lived in Germany, a place that had a collective (as West Germany) get together to think about what happened in WW2. Racism is much lower there than in Austria (which was told it was the victim of German aggression) and East Germany (where the Soviets didn't care as long as you were a good Communist) and tolerance is higher, and it's a better place to live.

School kids in China are not "robots."

Forum List

Back