Public School Drug Education

Anachronism... You do understand that Hemp is not converted into marijuana? The Cannabis plant is cultivated and cured to make it smokeable, before that it is just an extremely useful plant, the other types of hemp are currently legal and DO NOT provide anywhere as near as many resources or uses as the actual Marijuana plant

Honestly, I couldn't care any less. I see no use for the Marijuana plant that cannot be provided by other sources. Given an option I'd eradicate the plant from the planet entirely; along with quite a few others.

Who would ever want to hang out with you? It sounds like you're really unhinged and perhaps bloodthirsty.

Actually I have quite a few people who enjoy hanging out with me. However, I do make it quite clear that there are certain things which I do not allow in my presence. If you want to engage in those activities or imbue those things, you will do it somewhere else with someone else.

Seek help immediately.

Hasn't worked in the past, so I'm not sure why you think it would now.

Moreover, you claim to be conservative however extol the virtues of the War on Drugs. I can't wrap my head around that contradiction.

I'm an Authoritarian, which is the extreme end of Conservatism, just short of Fascism.

Now I know that educating america's youth is a major issue at hand, since education builds the foundation for the country's and the world's future. But I am wondering why our government spends so much time uselessly educating teenagers on the so called "danger" that Marijuana brings into society. As being High (From smoking, eating, or vaporizing) does not cause any violent intentions in it's user's minds (unlike PCP, Crack, or Coke), I cannot see why it is acceptable for the nations public schools to educate kids and teens about the "dangers" of a substance that became illegal because of government corruption and racism. Anyone else agree with this stance? I have received many demerits/detentions for stating medically accepted facts about marijuana in school (in both health and chemistry class), I am tired of our government failing to accept that it was wrong in the past and it is time for change, and I am even more angry at the fact that they refuse to accept every single study that says marijuana is not harmful to the users and that it has MANY accepted medical uses.

Does anyone see an issue with this part of our school systems?

The kids aren't stupid.......

They see gramps with a 1/2 dz pill bottles, they witness pharmacuticals being doled out the thier peers in school , (and of note to extents where adad a communicable diseaese the WHO would catagorize it pandemic) , they know they'll get busted for so much as an asprin, the police dogs do regular locker checks, the D.A.R.E. officer follows up with the usual enlightened self interest speech

In a nutshell, a drug is a drug is a drug, be it illicit, or of legal acceptance, will alter one's body chemistry, and usually with contraindications that are easily solicited for anyone who knows a few seniors, OR dopers

Nancy Reagan came close with her 'Just say No', should have been 'Just say Know' , like know wtf any given drug does to your body chemistry which operates within very narrow parameters

So, the Q is, do we really wish for a well rounded 'drug ed' ?

i say start with reality>

http://pharmageddon2012.wordpress.com/

~S~

Now I know that educating america's youth is a major issue at hand, since education builds the foundation for the country's and the world's future. But I am wondering why our government spends so much time uselessly educating teenagers on the so called "danger" that Marijuana brings into society. As being High (From smoking, eating, or vaporizing) does not cause any violent intentions in it's user's minds (unlike PCP, Crack, or Coke), I cannot see why it is acceptable for the nations public schools to educate kids and teens about the "dangers" of a substance that became illegal because of government corruption and racism. Anyone else agree with this stance? I have received many demerits/detentions for stating medically accepted facts about marijuana in school (in both health and chemistry class), I am tired of our government failing to accept that it was wrong in the past and it is time for change, and I am even more angry at the fact that they refuse to accept every single study that says marijuana is not harmful to the users and that it has MANY accepted medical uses.

First I would like to commend you on your well-written post and your thought out position on this subject.

However, I do disagree with you. I am a high school teacher. Teen brains are not fully developed. The harmful effects of marijuana on growing brains are irreparable. The studies you are citing have do with adults. The school has a responsibility to teach CHILDREN that it is illegal and dangerous and the consequences are great. You are promoting an activity that could hurt their future. Your teachers are aware that you may have a greater impact on your peers than they. That's why they want to shut you up. Don't take it personally. :cool:

Watch this, then come back to me with your new formed opinons on our pubic school drug programs

I don't need any new opinions on drug programs. Most of them are as worthless as the current drug laws are. What we need to do is to step up enforcement of the laws, and then point out to these kids... "Do this and you will go to jail for a long time(or worse)." Those who still chose to do it GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

People your age should be aspiring to 'higher' things than becoming a drug addict. Try focusing on a career you'd like to pursue like Doctor, Navy Seal, or FBI Agent. Almost every crack addict or coke fiend started out experimenting with alchahol then marijuana, and then moved up to the big leagues. Maybe that wouldn't happen to you but why take that chance? Get high on life instead of artificially stimulating your brain with hallucinagenic chemicals that alter your brain chemistry in damaging ways. No matter what you read or see on the Internet, or what your friends tell you, marijuana is a dangerous drug especially for teenagers, and about the worst thing that can happen to you in life, amidst all its other challenges, is to end up having to grapple with a substance abuse problem.

People your age should be aspiring to 'higher' things than becoming a drug addict. Try focusing on a career you'd like to pursue like Doctor, Navy Seal, or FBI Agent. Almost every crack addict or coke fiend started out experimenting with alchahol then marijuana, and then moved up to the big leagues. Maybe that wouldn't happen to you but why take that chance? Get high on life instead of artificially stimulating your brain with hallucinagenic chemicals that alter your brain chemistry in damaging ways. No matter what you read or see on the Internet, or what your friends tell you, marijuana is a dangerous drug especially for teenagers, and about the worst thing that can happen to you in life, amidst all its other challenges, is to end up having to grapple with a substance abuse problem.

482.jpg

:clap2:

I am going to be a Bio-Chemistry major, and hopefully teach chemistry at a Higher level/AP at pubic high schools...

Buddy, you need to realize that every pot smoker is not just some couch locked stoner or a drug addict, hell maybe you should do half a freaking minute of research on the subject and realize that what you just said is not only INCREDIBLY stupid but wrong in almost every aspect...

Watch this, then come back to me with your new formed opinons on our pubic school drug programs

I don't need any new opinions on drug programs. Most of them are as worthless as the current drug laws are. What we need to do is to step up enforcement of the laws, and then point out to these kids... "Do this and you will go to jail for a long time(or worse)." Those who still chose to do it GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

For using one of the most coveted herbs on the planet that has a multi billion dollar industry and helped our country be founded? Thats one awesome idea!

Seriously, other than moral issues what do you have against marijuana?

NOTHING

Science and Medicine are going against you, wait 10 years and it will be approved for medical use on a federal level and may be legal for personal use, right now you are just coming off as someone who feels the need to impose their personal beliefs on others because they cannot accept the fact that just because they think something is bad does not mean it is.

But I still have respect for you just because you are handling this well and have some legitimacy to your posts, unlike other people in this thread who blatantly post against scientific findings

For using one of the most coveted herbs on the planet that has a multi billion dollar industry and helped our country be founded? Thats one awesome idea!

For using a product that places them in a state where they are unable to access their full mental facilities and to react properly to potentially important decisions. So far as I'm concerned ANYONE using ANY PRODUCT that places them in that state is acting in an immoral and valueless manner.

Seriously, other than moral issues what do you have against marijuana? NOTHING

That's all I need. So far as I'm concerned MORAL CRIMES are the highest order of crimes and should come with one sentence only.... Immedate Death.

Science and Medicine are going against you, wait 10 years and it will be approved for medical use on a federal level and may be legal for personal use, right now you are just coming off as someone who feels the need to impose their personal beliefs on others because they cannot accept the fact that just because they think something is bad does not mean it is.

The government can do whatever they please. I've already commented on what will happen to anyone who brings that crap into my presence, regardless of its legal status.

I'm saying that as someone with severe glaucoma myself and someone whose father passed away a decade ago from Cancer which at the end was exceptionally painful for him. He refused to even consider any THC-oriented pain medications and instead deal with the pain just as I would rather be blind than to use any marijuana-based therapy for my ailment.

For using a product that places them in a state where they are unable to access their full mental facilities and to react properly to potentially important decisions. So far as I'm concerned ANYONE using ANY PRODUCT that places them in that state is acting in an immoral and valueless manner.

Seriously, other than moral issues what do you have against marijuana? NOTHING

That's all I need. So far as I'm concerned MORAL CRIMES are the highest order of crimes and should come with one sentence only.... Immedate Death.

Americans Drug Their Children with 300 Percent More Psychotropic Meds

Learn more: Americans Drug Their Children with 300 Percent More Psychotropic Meds

perhaps they work per diem?

firing-squad.jpg

Sparky, that's because American PARENTS largely have no interest in actually dealing with their responsibilities, so they medicate their children into a stuppor in order to ensure that the parents don't have to deal with them.

In that sort of case I'd execute the PARENTS for gross negligence rather than the children.

Sparky, that's because American PARENTS largely have no interest in actually dealing with their responsibilities, so they medicate their children into a stuppor in order to ensure that the parents don't have to deal with them.

In that sort of case I'd execute the PARENTS for gross negligence rather than the children.

Ah. That explains a lot! Perhaps you should wait for the effects to wear off before you post!

482.jpg

:clap2:

I am going to be a Bio-Chemistry major, and hopefully teach chemistry at a Higher level/AP at pubic high schools...

Buddy, you need to realize that every pot smoker is not just some couch locked stoner or a drug addict, hell maybe you should do half a freaking minute of research on the subject and realize that what you just said is not only INCREDIBLY stupid but wrong in almost every aspect...

If you say so bud.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaT1aC7cWuQ]YouTube - 4tt9Q[/ame]

Last edited:
The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

The graduate who smokes weed all day asks, "whoa dude, I like totally forgot the question!"

When I was in high school, someone was suspended just about every week for weed possession. Most of them ended up in Juvie for a few weeks for possession of an "illegal" substance. At least it wouldn't be as bad on their record if they had underage possession of Marijuana.

Kids don't go to juvie for weeks for straight possession of weed. For one thing, I think in most states, if not all, it's just a violation. It's not even a true crime.

If they're selling, that's a little different.

Forum List

Back