Public Right To Know About Prop. 8 Trial

Number 1 Reason Homophobes Fear Public Trial

• What's next, videotaping GOP members at airport mensrooms?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Gays will act up before cameras?

• Anti Gay Marriage Leaders Will Be Heard & Seen Lisping

• Lies Will Be Exposed On Tape

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
latimes story...

Fderal Judges Wants Prop. 8 Trial Videotape For Public Viewing

A Federal Judge says he
''...wants the federal trial over the constitutionality of Proposition 8 to be videotaped and distributed over the Internet.

In addition to running the entire proceedings on You Tube hours after they occur, the court videotape would be broadcast live at several other federal courthouses, including the 9th Circuit courthouse in Pasadena, Walker said.

Supporters of Proposition 8 opposed public dissemination of the trial video and argued that witnesses would be intimidated by having their testimony watched by millions of people.

The Proposition 8 campaign also objected to... live feeds at other courthouses.

Walker said that many of the campaign's experts who would testify are "academics -- people who stand up before classrooms all the time''
My momma always said, shine the light on cockroaches and they scatter.

It gets better:

Prop. 8 proponent...
Michael Kirk, representing the campaign, said a classroom talk was substantially different from being asked "to testify across the country and across the world..."
Maybe now, manipulation of the message in the media will be more difficult.

It gets better:

Prop. 8 proponent...
Michael Kirk, representing the campaign, said a classroom talk was substantially different from being asked "to testify across the country and across the world..."
Maybe now, manipulation of the message in the media will be more difficult.

Gee. Wonder if this Judge can get C-Span into the closed door healthcare debate. Wonder how many cocroaches will be scattering then????

It's getting better. The anti gay marriage proponenets are saying their speech though in a public record, should be kept secret.

lol

When I moved out here CA., I was amused at the lies and disengenuous arguments made about the MA. gay marriage battles

It seems the same can be said of the current administration and congressional leadership on the issue of healthcare. Why are they afraid of CSPAN?
what the moonbats who joined the DNC late, said about Obama and his campaign promises is of no interest . never was. never cared for that idea. it is dumb

plua, you'd have an argument if the GOP wantes to hold ALL hearings on cspan when they are in power

I believe it's about closed door politics, and that's exactly what he's referring too with regards to healthcare. So, there's no difference except that healthcare will affect everyone's lives, not just 2 percent of the population, so I think it holds more significance. Who cares about Prop 8 in California, there are far more important topics that need light shed on them.

its stupid to say homophobe....i bet you liberals will not be honest and call obama a homophobe

this is about security. some have already said they have recieved threats. trials of this magnitude and sensationlism have had press blackouts before. and what is truly pathetic about the judges decision is that he said he would distort the face and voice of those who request not to be filmed....

this is nothing but a political show taking place where it absolutely shouldn't be, in a courtroom

It seems the same can be said of the current administration and congressional leadership on the issue of healthcare. Why are they afraid of CSPAN?

How did this turn into a Healthcare thread?

It seemed appropriate based on the quote you provided.

Don't get me wrong. I think transparency on the government is much needed but for one side to say the other is holding out, is disingenuous since both parties have shown that they want their issues hidden from the public.

-TSO

I believe it's about closed door politics, and that's exactly what he's referring too with regards to healthcare. So, there's no difference except that healthcare will affect everyone's lives, not just 2 percent of the population, so I think it holds more significance. Who cares about Prop 8 in California, there are far more important topics that need light shed on them.

I and just about every Californian they tried to segregate legally care.

its stupid to say homophobe....i bet you liberals will not be honest and call obama a homophobe

this is about security. some have already said they have recieved threats. trials of this magnitude and sensationlism have had press blackouts before. and what is truly pathetic about the judges decision is that he said he would distort the face and voice of those who request not to be filmed....

this is nothing but a political show taking place where it absolutely shouldn't be, in a courtroom

I receive threats too....for having a rainbow sticker on my car.....I'm not crying about it. In fact, this is the first I've mentioned it. It's not about security....it's about the rats being found out for their lies.

I receive threats too....for having a rainbow sticker on my car.....I'm not crying about it. In fact, this is the first I've mentioned it. It's not about security....it's about the rats being found out for their lies.

you're hopeless....they have recieved threats and how stupid can you be....if they testify, it won't matter if its on youtube or not, if they lie, it will be found out....to claim that because it is now going to be shown on youtube, this will show the lies is making a mockery of our justice system

this is about security.

Then call the authorities. There is no reason that this trial not be televised.

-TSO

no, there are many reasons it should not be televised, many trials of this nature are not televised....you want the process to be as smooth as possible, adding the circus of television is just plain stupid, especially when threats have been issued and both sides are extremely heated

this is about security.

Then call the authorities. There is no reason that this trial not be televised.

-TSO

no, there are many reasons it should not be televised, many trials of this nature are not televised....you want the process to be as smooth as possible, adding the circus of television is just plain stupid, especially when threats have been issued and both sides are extremely heated

Trials in CA are televised if there is interest in them. There is interest and it should be televised.

But of course, the cockroaches don't want to see the light of day. Not surprised by that at all.

fuckin' pussy boys are always going after people they think are weak.

:cool:

Forum List

Back