Public Option is Unconstitutional

Quote Hamilton, CG, and you will be much closer to reality. The Virginia and Kentucky resolutions and the Nullfication Doctrine have long been supplanted by the welfare and implied clause doctrines. Your version of the political compact ended like the South and Edmund Ruffin.

I like Jefferson - father of the Constitution and all that.

Quote Hamilton, CG, and you will be much closer to reality. The Virginia and Kentucky resolutions and the Nullfication Doctrine have long been supplanted by the welfare and implied clause doctrines. Your version of the political compact ended like the South and Edmund Ruffin.

I like Jefferson - father of the Constitution and all that.

Why Hamilton? Why not Madison?

What is unconstitutional is the government forcing people to buy insurance. And not just any insurance but the insurance they tell us is "acceptable"

What's next, the government telling us we have to buy "acceptable" cars, "acceptable" food and clothes, "acceptable" homes?

Oh and don't forget that if we don't buy what the government tells us to buy we get fined or thrown in jail.

Its called the "welfare of the state."

That is how government can:

-mandate that we wear seat belts
-mandate that we stop at red lights
-mandate zoning so that no one builds a copper smelting plant next to your residentially zoned property
-mandate that the structure you build is not a hazard to you or other persons

Think about it...

Personally, I am lean towards seat belts not being mandatory. I believe you should be able to kill yourself through stupidity if you so desire - as long as you don't kill anyone else or expect anyone else to pick up the tab if you don't die.

All the others impact on other people, therefore there is a just reason to mandate.

What is unconstitutional is the government forcing people to buy insurance. And not just any insurance but the insurance they tell us is "acceptable"

What's next, the government telling us we have to buy "acceptable" cars, "acceptable" food and clothes, "acceptable" homes?

Oh and don't forget that if we don't buy what the government tells us to buy we get fined or thrown in jail.

We already have all sorts of regulation on cars, food, homes, and even to some extent clothes. And lo and behold, it hasn't brought on the end of the world.

really? is the government forcing you to purchase any of those items you metioned under threat of tax penalties or imprisonment?

-mandate zoning so that no one builds a copper smelting plant next to your residentially zoned property

Think about it...

How does forcing me to buy a different health insurance relate to welfare of the state.

i buy an HSA type of insurance now where i have a deductible but these plans will be declared "unacceptable" and I will be forced to buy a plan that covers substance abuse counseling and mental health counseling even though I neither want nor need those coverages.

So tell me again how forcing me to buy a more expensive plan is good for the state.

And again all those things you mentioned don't force me to purchase a government approved item under threat of fines or imprisonment.

We already have all sorts of regulation on cars, food, homes, and even to some extent clothes. And lo and behold, it hasn't brought on the end of the world.

really? is the government forcing you to purchase any of those items you metioned under threat of tax penalties or imprisonment?

Car insurance.

The far rightists have been able to only post their opinions concerning the constitutionality of the public option. They are wrong, of course. The courts will rule against them if such lawsuits ever get past summary dismissal.

Think about it...

You can choose not to drive. Can I choose not to get health insurance?

The zoning and permiting are local.

Thinman, so what? Your opinion does not count. However, the opinions of the Pres, the Congress, and the federal judiciary do. Take your crying there.

Car insurance.

Regulated by the states and some states also allow you to self insure and bypass car insurance if you meet certain requirements

The proposed health care legislation and the deathboard-public option is being compared to the post office and if that is so why doesn't the public option need a constitutional amendment like the post office needs in order for it to exist. Shouldn't we go the constitutional route first with this and create an amendment for it just like the post office and federal created roads?

What are you talking about??? What do you think Medicare does??? I would imagine that most medicare recipients choose the public option. It was made available to them in 1973, if I am not mistaken. And it works fine.

And by "it works fine'... you mean that where people get free medical care, 'it works fine'... of course, it's broke... can't be sustained and thus, IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL...

But that's another issue...

Social entitlements are wholly unconstitutional.... that's an onctonrovertible fact. And this wholly rejecting the baseless assertiosn to the contrary.

The proposed health care legislation and the deathboard-public option is being compared to the post office and if that is so why doesn't the public option need a constitutional amendment like the post office needs in order for it to exist. Shouldn't we go the constitutional route first with this and create an amendment for it just like the post office and federal created roads?

What are you talking about??? What do you think Medicare does??? I would imagine that most medicare recipients choose the public option. It was made available to them in 1973, if I am not mistaken. And it works fine.

And by "it works fine'... you mean that where people get free medical care, 'it works fine'... of course, it's broke... can't be sustained and thus, IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL...

But that's another issue...

Social entitlements are wholly unconstitutional.... that's an onctonrovertible fact. And this wholly rejecting the baseless assertiosn to the contrary.

Medicare isn't free and it isn't broke.

OK genius...then why doesn't Obama open medicare up to the poor and unemployed? Why doesn't he then say that we need tort reform/medical malpractice reform? Why doesn't Obama then actually accomplish fraud reduction by instituting a dedicated task force of law enforcement agencies to root it out? Why does Obama think cutting 500 billion dollars from Medicare eliminates 500 billion dollars in Medicare fraud? Why does he insist on starting ANOTHER ENTITLEMENT PROGRAM that will cost 1 trillion +++++ when we already have a program that "works fine."?

What kind of fucked up logic is this?

Oh, spare me. No matter what he does, you're gonna piss and moan. If you want answers, write a letter. As if you're going to accept what I say and respond with a thank you. :talktothehand:

Thinman, so what? Your opinion does not count. However, the opinions of the Pres, the Congress, and the federal judiciary do. Take your crying there.

Whoops! I must have hit a nerve.

Not at all. I just think your premise is unfounded. Your opinion, just to let you know, carries no weight. And medicare isn't free and works just fine. And so will health insurance reform. Let's move on. Nothing to see here, folks.

Think about it...

Don't equate local and state laws with the government healthcare scheme....and you got one thing right it IS called a "WELFARE STATE".

I just don't understand why you liberals will follow Obama blindly down another road that will cause this country to sink further into debt. Never mind...I know....
cliff.jpg

Forum List

Back