Public Opinion Supports Repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”

ANYONE that is trying to use the military as a political soapbox is NOT serving for the good of the military or the Country. They are a distraction and a disruptive force on Unit Cohesion and Morale.

Except that there's plenty of straight male soldiers who say the opposite - that it makes no difference to if their fellow soldiers are gay. So, unless you want to call those soldiers liars, a unit can be cohesive and strong with gay men on it. Which means that if a unit with a gay man included has an issue, it is not as a direct result of the gay guy. i think it's pretty clearly that the ones actually causing the cohesion problems are the ones with bigotry against homosexuals. So they're the ones to kick out, if you're going to start barring people for the sake of cohesion.

You see, all one need do to serve if gay is NOT tell people they are gay.

And never hold hands with their partners in public. And never allow their partners to kiss them goodbye at the airport. And never have a picture from their dedication ceremony. Or any other of many normal and meaningful activities.

Tell that to my friend who was raped by another soldier while in Afghanistan, buttfuck.
Bet she wishes he'd been gay, huh?

Get the fuck out of my thread, troll.

Sorry to break it to you BUB, you do not control who can or will post in a thread, it is not your thread. You do not get to dictate what will or won't be discussed either. It is rich that YOU would call someone else a troll, start anymore fake religion threads lately?

You should see what he writes when he neg reps me. He's charming, all around. He's the only poster I've ever seen that I wish would be permanently ejected from the site. He's also the only poster who has told me I should die.

2 years and 7 months US Army 11 months in Viet Nam. So yeah I've been there. And Fraternization will get your ass kicked out if its a second or greater offense. Or if it has led to major disciplinary problems with in the unit. Or where the junior clearly was acting under compulsion, which tends to be viewed as little more than rape.

So yeah I've pulled my share of guard duty in a hot zone. So frankly if their is a more boring duty on God's green earth I've never seen it.

So.........you spent 3 years in the Army, with one tour in 'Nam.

Nice...........like you've really got any fucking leadership experience asshole. I've got more time in my rack than you even thought of spending in the military boot.

Take your biased assed opinions there dinosaur, and go join Sunnidiot. You both sound made for each other.

20 years service and 4 war zones for me dude. Beruit in '83, Desert Storm pts 1 and 2, and Kosovo.

You were more than likely a REMF like Sunnidiot.

Folks, we're missing the big question.

Why does a queer feel he has to announce his sexual proclivity?

That my friends requires an answer. Any queers want to give it a try? Or maybe a queer supporter would like to answer?

I served on a submarine and I can't remember anyone ever announcing they were straight, or anything else for that matter. There is no need to make an announcement.

Therefore, don't ask, don't tell works for all. But I think most common sense folks know why some queers don't want to keep quiet.

Last edited:

That my friends requires an answer. Any queers want to give it a try?

I served on a submarine and I can't remember anyone ever announcing they were straight, or anything else for that matter. There is no need to make an announcement.

Therefore, don't ask, don't tell works for all. But I think most common sense folks know why some queers don't want to keep quiet.

That's already been addressed in this thread. It's not just about a formal announcement.

Also, if that's your theory, then the other solution is to apply don't ask, don't tell to straight people as well, so that anyone who does something that reveals their sexuality is out. Which means no more wives and kids seeing straight male soldiers off with a kiss in public, or husbands and kids seeing straight female soldiers off with a kiss. But since you think don't ask, don't tell is a good plan, I'm sure you'd have no issue applying it to heterosexuals as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gudrid View Post
I don't care who you are or what you are. You feel like risking you life to defend me and my family, and the only thing I have to say about it is "Thank you."

That's the way I feel about it. I don't care who they do or do not sleep with - that's none of my business, and I don't intend to make it my business. The "don't ask, don't tell" policy is just fine with me. I have friends in the armed forces, and they're brave and I love and miss them all - seeing them back home once their tour of duty is done, safe and sound, is all - ALL - that matters. And it's all that SHOULD matter.

That my friends requires an answer. Any queers want to give it a try? Or maybe a queer supporter would like to answer?

Yo, Bubbles.............just out of curiosity, when you came back from patrol (if you ever served, which I doubt), did you have someone waiting on the pier for you? Did your shipmates? If so, did they run over and hug them and kiss them?

Only if they were hetero, as the gays don't want to be processed.

And..........considering that this isn't the middle ages any longer, I think it would be okay for gays to serve openly here in the US. I mean, shit.........they are allowed to serve openly in just about every other military (Israel, Britain, etc).

Why should we remain so backwards?

Yo, Bubbles.............just out of curiosity, when you came back from patrol (if you ever served, which I doubt), did you have someone waiting on the pier for you? Did your shipmates? If so, did they run over and hug them and kiss them?

Only if they were hetero, as the gays don't want to be processed.

And..........considering that this isn't the middle ages any longer, I think it would be okay for gays to serve openly here in the US. I mean, shit.........they are allowed to serve openly in just about every other military (Israel, Britain, etc).

Why should we remain so backwards?
Cuz da kweerz r gunna cheek owt mah but!

I was never in the military. When I was of an age to do it, very few women were and it never occurred to me.

5 uncles, dad, brother, ex served, one son and d-o-l serving now. Many friends and relatives.

So yeah, I've heard what they think about openly queer servicemen and women.

It's not just about a formal announcement.
Nice try but straight vets and people with common sense don't buy it.

Buy what? Reality?

So do you feel it would be appropriate to apply don't ask, don't tell to heterosexuals as well?

Incidentally, don't try to speak for "straight vets." Speak for yourself. Trying to speak for a whole group like that dooms you to inaccuracy.

Besides which, I've never thought it a wise practice for the #1 superpower to dumb down to the level of those they maintain military superiority over.

It's not just about a formal announcement.
Nice try but straight vets and people with common sense don't buy it.

Buy what? Reality?

So do you feel it would be appropriate to apply don't ask, don't tell to heterosexuals as well?

Incidentally, don't try to speak for "straight vets." Speak for yourself. Trying to speak for a whole group like that dooms you to inaccuracy.

The military isn't actually that fond of any person in uniform engaging in public shows of affection. They overlook the hugs and kisses at certain ceremonies but the rest of the time, they're supposed to behave with reserve.

Forum List

Back