public enemies 2009 w/ j depp

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
long movie...with a lot of filler stuff...first it has that muted sepiatone look....not b/w but the colors so muted it might as well be...i am not sure how factual the movie is...but it moves way too slowly....you could easily cut a 1/2 hour out and not change it.

i give it a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10..10 being the best....but alas ...depp looks good in pin stripes...what can i say.

what did you like about it? didnt you find some of it just to be too cheesey?

well as a kid i did a lot of reading about the bank robbers of that time plus the 1930's was a very cheesy time, dillinger actually did those crazy jail house breaks, he did give the man back his personal money when robbing the bank, and that dillinger press conference where he put his arm on the warden after he was arrested really happened, he was like a celebrity.

dillinger.jpg

maybe if the editing had been better...i am looking forward to the mad hatter movie due next year with depp

johnny depp is usually great in anything he does, and i read some where that the way they shot public enemies was done on purpose, some thought it was a good idea and some didnt(movie critics i have read or heard)

Forum List

Back